Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays

Comments

• Options
    Just got back from Tenerife on a lads holiday for 10days. Great place to go
  • Options
    Off to America for 10 days. Start in Oregon for my exhibition, then drive to San Francisco.. few days there then head home
  • Options
    just had two gorgeous days in Cornwall.
  • Options
    Silly season at work again holidays in Feb for me, day off today, so worked from 6 till 1 went down well with the missus.

• Options
    cafc1263 said:

Going to Majorca,Alcudia for 10 days then the main holiday with the boys in september for 6 nights Albufeira golf holiday 30 of us

Hope you're close to the Marina area and not 'The Strip'. Some cracking restaurants on the marina edge and in the back streets. I would also recommend hiring some bikes as its really flat and there are some great sights to see just a quick ride away
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I went to Alcudia for 2 weeks with the girlfriend in May, then I'm working at Westfield Stratford during the Olympics, but it's ok as I get to spend 2 weeks recovering in Vilamoura afterwards with the family!
  • Options
    Heading to Israel on Thursday for 3 weeks, hopefully ill come back in 1 piece, just in time for Birmingham away:-)
  • Options

Just looked at the weather forcast for next week...Sun,Sun Sun here it comes :)

Ah but we've got our own micro climate down here - never believe the weather forecast - 'fraid it's the pub
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Off to America for 10 days. Start in Oregon for my exhibition, then drive to San Francisco.. few days there then head home

Im working in Portland in a few weeks time, love Oregon!!

• Options
    off to Ibiza on the 12th Aug for a week....quiet north part of the island though with the family, cannot wait
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

we usually holiday around the uk, the new forest and the lake district are yet to be ticked off.

i'd like to take the kids abroad to a family hotel with a kids club but with 3 children it looks like costing an arm and a leg. how the hell do people afford them? looked at florida, nearly a heart attack on the flight prices, ridiculous tax rate

it's just easier enjoying home

If you'd like to see the Lake District at its best then I would suggest October half-term. Expect rain. (You can usually expect rain in the Lake District, something to do with the hills!) You will, however, be able to drive around with reasonable freedom, rather then queueing from one town to the next. The colours are fantastic with the trees all changing to a range of browns, yellows and reds. It's also cheaper than the summer.
  • Options
    edited July 2012

just had two gorgeous days in Cornwall.

Me too! Shame about the rest of the week though :-(
  • Options
    Javea, Costa Blanca - 2 weeks from 12th aug
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Off to Tuscany for a couple of weeks... cosins wedding in a village, and a load of fmaily are staying in a villa, which should be a laugh, then we are going to Pisa for a few days, and will travel about. first holiday with the one year old, so should be interesting!

Thought Pisa was a bit of a dive when we went, but to be fair it was a whistle stop tour before flying home. Florence was lovely and I've heard good things aboiut Siena but didn't get to go there.

Genoa is now on the list, looks a lovely place.

• Options
    Surprised by the amount of people on here holidaying in the UK.

Off to Lyme Regis for a week in Aug
  • Options

Surprised by the amount of people on here holidaying in the UK.

Off to Lyme Regis for a week in Aug

Especially as I find not much difference in cost to going abroad.
    Uk accomodation is pricey, and what with the weather here, a lot of money have to be spent on doing things rather than chilling by pool/on the beach.

• Options
    We have not got anything planned but thinking of paphos in Cyprus in September. Open to ideas for a quiet relaxing holiday.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

shine166 said:

Im working in Portland in a few weeks time, love Oregon!!

@Oakster

Thats exactly where ill be. If you like art the preview is on 5th september..

http://breezeblockgallery.com/2012/03/06/sept-space-form-curated-by-sven-davis/
  • Options
    Cyprus for 10 days
  • Options
    Doing St Lucia in october. Can't wait as I haven't had a holiday for a few years and it'll be my first holiday with my girlfriend. Never been to Ibiza so were going to do that next year. I'm 39 in march so want to crack Ibiza before the big 4-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kimbo said:

We have not got anything planned but thinking of paphos in Cyprus in September. Open to ideas for a quiet relaxing holiday.

Kimbo - I've stayed in/around Coral Bay a few times, which is a few miles up th coast. Have now gone a bit further & can really recommend Latsi (Latchi) about 30 minutes up the road. Not as touristy as Paphos/Coral Bay. Gorgeous beach, a new small marina, some great restaurants and some decent bars (nothing too OTT). Plenty of watersports, if you're energetic. Can definitely recommend Sophie & Marc, a Belgian couple who run a little beach shack for scuba & jet-skis. Some great villages if you fancy escaping the beach, on the drive up the Troodos to Olympus. Off shortly...can't wait! :)
  • Options
    My 40th this year so I am treating myself, going to fly to Oakland and catch the Raiders playing the Jaguars. Works out cheaper to fly business class to LAX from Singapore (20hrs flying) than to Fly biz back to London (13hrs flying) to see Charlton.

May stop off at Vegas as well, but haven't mentioned that to the wife :-)
  • Options
    25th Wedding Aniversary later this year, looking to go to Dubai for a week and take in the Abu Dhabi grand prix as the mrs loves the formula one
  • Options

My 40th this year so I am treating myself, going to fly to Oakland and catch the Raiders playing the Jaguars. Works out cheaper to fly business class to LAX from Singapore (20hrs flying) than to Fly biz back to London (13hrs flying) to see Charlton.

May stop off at Vegas as well, but haven't mentioned that to the wife :-)

Wish I could afford to to that!!!!
  • Options

25th Wedding Aniversary later this year, looking to go to Dubai for a week and take in the Abu Dhabi grand prix as the mrs loves the formula one

So lucky to have a missus who loves F1.

• Options
    In the Isle of Wight and its glorious!
  • Options
    End of September off to Boston for 3 nights then NYC for 5
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

In the Isle of Wight and its glorious!

Off there for the weekend shortly - hope it stays "glorious"!

Off to Amsterdam for a weekend end of August, hoping that this time I'll have nice weather as been twice before and it rained both times.

• Options
    Just booked up a long weekend camping in Dymchurch for the end of August. 11 of us going in total (6 adults, 5 kids), so should be a good weekend, weather permitting!
  • Options
    Love Dymchurch, usually get down to that neck of the woods at least once a year.