Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holidays

Who's going where? Anywhere exotic?
I'm off to St Margarets bay tomorrow for a good old fashioned family caravan holiday.

Comments

• Have you been before Baldy? I have had two holidays there, last summer and two years ago.

I was in St Margarets Bay in a cottage last week for a few nights, pissed down all weekend. Still enjoy the pubs down there, look at out for the trannie in the dress that drinks in the Red Lion.
  • Can't afford holidays atm, but we're off to Cornwall for a week anyway as my niece has decided to get married down there on 10th August.
  • Off to the New Forest, anyone know of any good pubs in the Lyndhurst area?
  • Yes, last year, nice for a bit of R&R. I think i'll swerve the Red Lion.
  • Shame, I like the Red Lion, the locals pub.
  • nowhere :( apart from an Alton Towers weekend which i'm really looking forward to :)
  • Off to Kalami in Corfu for August bank holiday for a week, about 18 of us.

Could very well do without the expense of it but committed ages ago.
  • Going to Ca'n Picafort in August.
    First holiday abroad for a couple of years and my 20 month olds first ever flight - should be fun....
  • Off to Philadelphia next month as best man at my mate's wedding. As others have said, could have done without the expense, airlines are using Olympics as an excuse to really bump up the air fares (75% higher than in February!)
  • Ibiza end of August, Florida beginning of September and hopefully (fingers crossed) Vegas with work at the end of September.
  • Sponsored links:

• New Forest for a couple of weeks in Aug, staying in Sandy Balls fnaar fnaar. Portugal for 8 days in October.
  • we usually holiday around the uk, the new forest and the lake district are yet to be ticked off.

i'd like to take the kids abroad to a family hotel with a kids club but with 3 children it looks like costing an arm and a leg. how the hell do people afford them? looked at florida, nearly a heart attack on the flight prices, ridiculous tax rate

it's just easier enjoying home
  • Ibiza - 2 weeks. Gonna be hot !
  • edited July 2012
    Prob going to Granada for a few days and then down to the Alpujarras in late September.

Thinking about Womad next weekend and Purbeck Festival bank holiday August.

Will be taking a weekend at my partners family's in Coventry the weekend of August 18th if that counts (carefully engineered so I can slip over to St Andrews - who says men can't be manipulative conniving b******s).
  • we usually holiday around the uk, the new forest and the lake district are yet to be ticked off.

i'd like to take the kids abroad to a family hotel with a kids club but with 3 children it looks like costing an arm and a leg. how the hell do people afford them? looked at florida, nearly a heart attack on the flight prices, ridiculous tax rate

it's just easier enjoying home

Florida is out of the question for us to and i won't go down the road of taking my son out of school during term time. For a taste of something sort of abroad there are some nice caravan sites around Aviemore and the transport links are good from London. Loads for kids to do too.
  • I'm just waiting to hear from Chris as to where he's going next before booking anything
  • The Olympics have really buggered our plans this year as Mrs McMoist can't get time off due to her job. Therefore, got a week in Centre Parcs stating next Friday with McMoist Jnr. Come home and then it's off to Mijas Pueblo for a week in August but gotta be back for the exam results on 23rd. We usually go to Spain for 3 and a half weeks in the summer so I'm not happy.
  • Usually sort Holidays out early doors , lot going on this year so unable to sort out in enough time , so decided to make this year an Olympic holiday and go to a few events , and no i'm not running the 100 metres! :-0
  • edited July 2012
  • Might try a cheap week AI somewhere, as I'm Saving as I'm going to Australia for 3 weeks in April
  • Sponsored links:

• Off to Tuscany for a couple of weeks... cosins wedding in a village, and a load of fmaily are staying in a villa, which should be a laugh, then we are going to Pisa for a few days, and will travel about. first holiday with the one year old, so should be interesting!
  • A week long cricket tour down in sunny ( fingers crossed) Dorset starting on Monday.
  • Staying at home.But as I live in a tourist area, right on the ring of Kerry, life is one big holiday anyway
  • Where's Florida Addick when you need him
  • iainment said:

Staying at home.But as I live in a tourist area, right on the ring of Kerry

I've heard it's a shit hole
  • Portugal in 2 weeks
    Dubai in October
  • Been back a week from the usual visit ti Thailand.Went up to the rubber plantation to saw "our" tree and watch em collect the latex----very intresting also went to one of there prawn farms and watched em do a harvest.
    Had 3 days in Singapore wow that place is full on.
  • Two weeks in NE Kent and SE London in November. Thanks to the in-laws.
  • Portugal in 2 weeks
    Dubai in October

Where in Portugal are you staying?
  • I'm not exactly sure but I think it's near carvoeiro