Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonjo Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Jonjo is decent no doubt but he is not a complete player yet. I agree he should continue on under Gerrard learning what he needs to be brilliant.

But surely you get to a point where you need first team minutes and he isn't going to get them anytime soon at Liverpool for the reasons discussed above.

Surely this is a practical example of some of the points which were made with regards the abject failure of the u21 team this summer ? Top teams hoarding talent but never allowing that talent to be recognised ?
  • Options
    A thread on a Liverpool site with an accompanying article:

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2013/06/jonjo-shelvey-the-debate-to-sell-or-keep/

As here there is a difference of opinion....
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    From what I saw of him last year he seemed to be twice the player of Allen but ever since his sending off at Manure he wasn't given the chance! I have always loved Shelvey and he will always be one of my favorite ex-players and I know quite a few Liverpool fans who feel he has the potential to be brilliant.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Yes, Jonjo certainly did right by us by signing a new contract after our relegation. If he hasn't, we'd have got considerably less from a tribunal than we did from Liverpool. Of course, the experience of first team action was very valuable to him but most youngsters would have signed for one of the many bigger clubs who would have taken him. The club was on an absolute knife edge at that point

Jenkinson did something similar, eanring us a fee when he left; I imagine most supporters were pleasantly surprised by the £1m transfer fee which paid for our promotion winning team. It wouldn't surprise me either if Jenkinson ends up winning more England caps than Shelvey too...
  • Options
    Gerrard, over-rated has been, Lucas doesn't see himself as a holder I believe, Henderson pure pony, Allen is poor Keith Jones, don't know Spaniard. They are delusional. JJS better than the lot. Not always been his greatest fan but he's found pace. Will be equivalent to Toons dumping Parker. Spend money, win nothing. Give us the sell on.
  • Options

uncle said:

uncle said:

Really can't understand the love-in regarding jonjo to be honest. Yes, I know he started with us and we wish him well an all that..................

I think you will find the "love-in" on here with him is because when he played he gave his all.... When it was time to sign pro he didn't piss off to a prem club like others have done, he signed ensuring Charlton would one day recoup more than the money they invested in him. When he was sold it was when Charlton was on their arse and needed the money not because he asked to leave.

I think you might find that is something to do with it.
    Thanks for that (yet again) unbiased opinion uncle...............
    You are welcome..... If (yet again) you'd have taken the time to read other this and other threads about him you wouldn't have needed me to explain for you. I base my opinion on what the other supporters have said. I try not to take much notice of the ones that just snipe all the time but go on son you have your fill
    So how exactly have I sniped? My comment (which you conveniently edited in your quote) was regarding some suggestions that he'd be better off at clubs like Arsenal/spurs etc. In my opinion, he's nowhere near the standard for either of those. He might well be in a few years but certainly not yet.

Not got a problem with Shelvey in any way, but think some need to take a reality check on how good he actually is......................Amen

Not conveniently done anything apart from quote you........ But here's an idea! If you don't like reading what people have to say about Jonjo Shelvey............... Don't bloody open a thread titled Jonjo Shelvey. Christ the clue is in the title.
  • Options

Gerrard, over-rated has been, Lucas doesn't see himself as a holder I believe, Henderson pure pony, Allen is poor Keith Jones, don't know Spaniard. They are delusional. JJS better than the lot. Not always been his greatest fan but he's found pace. Will be equivalent to Toons dumping Parker. Spend money, win nothing. Give us the sell on.

So Shelvey's better than Gerrard?

He's not - nor will he ever be.

• Options
    uncle said:

uncle said:

uncle said:

Really can't understand the love-in regarding jonjo to be honest. Yes, I know he started with us and we wish him well an all that..................

I think you will find the "love-in" on here with him is because when he played he gave his all.... When it was time to sign pro he didn't piss off to a prem club like others have done, he signed ensuring Charlton would one day recoup more than the money they invested in him. When he was sold it was when Charlton was on their arse and needed the money not because he asked to leave.

You are welcome..... If (yet again) you'd have taken the time to read other this and other threads about him you wouldn't have needed me to explain for you. I base my opinion on what the other supporters have said. I try not to take much notice of the ones that just snipe all the time but go on son you have your fill
    So how exactly have I sniped? My comment (which you conveniently edited in your quote) was regarding some suggestions that he'd be better off at clubs like Arsenal/spurs etc. In my opinion, he's nowhere near the standard for either of those. He might well be in a few years but certainly not yet.

Not got a problem with Shelvey in any way, but think some need to take a reality check on how good he actually is......................Amen

Not conveniently done anything apart from quote you........ But here's an idea! If you don't like reading what people have to say about Jonjo Shelvey............... Don't bloody open a thread titled Jonjo Shelvey. Christ the clue is in the title.

But how will I know if I like/dislike what someone has posted unless I read it? and who are you to say wherther or not I can comment?

F**k me, now wet spam mob are policing our site........................................
  • Options
    Uncle, could you please ask Jonjo to request a loan transfer to CAFC (charlton not crewe). Would love him back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Uncle, could you please ask Jonjo to request a loan transfer to CAFC (charlton not crewe). Would love him back.

And while you're at it, ask him if he thinks the guy who jumped in the Thames should be deported or not.
  • Options

And while you're at it, ask him if he thinks the guy who jumped in the Thames should be deported or not.
    He's been in Liverpool a couple of years now so he probably thinks the blokes a victim and it isn't his fault.
  • Options

uncle said:

uncle said:

uncle said:

But how will I know if I like/dislike what someone has posted unless I read it? and who are you to say wherther or not I can comment?

F**k me, now wet spam mob are policing our site........................................

You know the site rules Tango.

Don't talk about politics. Dont talk about Religion. Don't criticise, or even offer anything that isn't basically open praise, for Jonjo Shelvey.
  • Options
    uncle said:

uncle said:

uncle said:

Ditto, with the greatest respect.
  • Options

uncle said:

uncle said:

uncle said:

Ditto, with the greatest respect.
    Similarly, if 'Uncle' thinks his avuncular sensibilities might be offended - which they invariably are - then he might be the one better off not opening a Shelvey thread.

Or,he could go on a forum of the team he actually supports and ride on the coat-tails of his nephew there.
  • Options
    Oooooooo, it's got very bitchy!
  • Options
    Yes, its a bit crap really. I dont see why we cant talk about an ex player and get some insight from a family member.

All this sniping is rubbish.

• Options
    If it were simply a case of some 'insight from a family member' then fine.
    However, when this character starts calling people a 'muggy little prick ' for an innocuous comment, then the only insight offered is how base he is.

If this was a one-off - it happens. But it wasn't. He started offering to meet people 'face to face' when we were laughing at some thick as a whale omlette, West Ham fan on Pointless

Fans from other teams come on here and are aware that they are 'guests' and behave accordingly,if not, they are given short shrift by admin. which I imagine they would have done with this character were he not pals with other members on here.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Yes, its a bit crap really. I dont see why we cant talk about an ex player and get some insight from a family member.

Shouldn't you be making the tea?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Curb_It said:

I think we all agree. I've also gone back through this entire thread & see 99% comments supportive of Jonjo. 1% basically saying they can't understand why 99% love him.

No sniping from Charlton supporters, that I can see. Only Uncle saying you're a sniper, if you say anything that is slightly critical of Jonjo, which is why Uncle should heed his own advice, once again, with the greatest respect.

NB my above comments relate to this thread only and are not meant to be provocative. Just honest.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dont worry about the little pussy bitches b

Let them be 10ft tall and invisible hard feckas
  • Options
    I think the comment was about being a thick west ham fan and then with a snidey oh it reminded me of you uncle.

So a bit rude i thought and if someone is going to be rude to you then fair game back. thats how i remembered it anyway.

• Options
    my 2penneth .. Shelvey did all right for us, he loves the club .. like any young professional he is keen to do as well as he can for himself and when the chance/offer came he signed for one of the biggest (like it or not Liverpool is a major club) sides in the country.
    What is the problem? .. Loyalty, devotion, one club man .. nowadays that describes fans .. 99% of players are out to get as much cash and glory as they can .. Shelvey might love CAFC but his future was brighter elsewhere and so he went. Good luck to him, except if and when he takes the field against us.
  • Options
    Fair enough, good luck to him but that shouldn't stop people having their own views and opinions no matter how much others may disagree with them.

Surely that's what this forum is for?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Fair enough, good luck to him but that shouldn't stop people having their own views and opinions no matter how much others may disagree with them.

Surely that's what this forum is for?

perxactly
  • Options
    If it was my nephew I'd certainly be sticking up for him. You only have to look at the first page of the thread and it would get your back up if you were family.
  • Options
    Exactly mate

Al is one of jonjos biggest critics but some want to snipe because he wont let people bad mouth the kid

Theres a difference between saying they had a shocker to calling someone out

It has me in stitches that he can be called out but not be allowed to respond without people bleating that admin let him do this that and the other
  • Options
    About time you sorted them out mate.

• Options
    Jesus. This place at the moment. Makes me long for the first game of the season and the relegation threads that will spring up
  • Options

Exactly mate

Al is one of jonjos biggest critics but some want to snipe because he wont let people bad mouth the kid

Theres a difference between saying they had a shocker to calling someone out

It has me in stitches that he can be called out but not be allowed to respond without people bleating that admin let him do this that and the other

Thing is, he's happy to have a dig at me, yet in my opinion, I said nothing negative about the lad. My comment was I Just found it strange that some on here think he'd be better off at Arsenal or Spurs to help with his development. He is nowhere near the standard of player they sign. If he was, surely he could hold a regular place down in a mid-table team like liverpool. Decent player, but nothing special for that level.

The thing with being in the spotlight, is that there is always someone who will criticise. If he can't let it go, maybe he's the one who shouldn't be posting on this thread, not me.

God help us if Simon Francis uncle came on here. He'd have offered us all out by now.............................