Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonjo Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    jonjo just turned 21 a couple of months ago.

When kids start young it is so easy to lose perspective. But put it this way, despite it feeling like he has been around a long time, he is still two years younger than Jonathon Obika.

Ormiston has it right, he needs to go somewhere and be the main man. Like Redfearn become at Barnsley. He is better than him, but his natural way of playing is by putting his stamp on a game.

I'm a huge Parky fan, but that was his biggest mess up. He should have built his midfield around Jonjo because he would have been our best centre mid, but he was scared to do that with a 16/17 year old and tried fitting him into other positions, support striker / out wide, that just isn't his natural game.

I think personally he should move on. Not for money, champions league etc but to play every week and become the main man.
  • Options
    will we get any sell on fee if liverpool were to sell
  • Options
    When I first saw him play I saw Gerrard in his style. I think Liverpool would be mugs to let him go. He is still very young and I think they bought him as a player for the future.
  • Options
    Norwich would be a good move for him, they seem to be ready to spend a decent amount this season and are linked with quite a few good players.
  • Options

will we get any sell on fee if liverpool were to sell

Only if they sell for more than they have paid us (£1.75m + add ons for appearances + caps) and if we haven't sold/factored the sell on fee already.

• Options
    Annoying that Liverpool will probably make a substantial profit.
  • Options

Annoying that Liverpool will probably make a substantial profit.

If they sell for 7m we'll have made more money out of Jonjo than them, is my guess.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The last set of CAFC accounts show additional sums which might fall due from other clubs of more than £3M in relation to appearances and other clauses. There is no detail as to who this relates to (Shelvey, Jenkinson +?) and precisely how much for what. Ideally when accounts are published the amounts received this season will be clear and we can then see how much we have made this year...
    Hopefully helps build the case to get to Category 1 status for the academy so as to ensure we develop top players even if they are sold on.
  • Options
    There is no detail as to who this relates to (Shelvey, Jenkinson +?)

Elliot?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The story is being run again in The Sunday People this morning.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-brendan-rodgers-1982187

A real shame for JonJo if true and the move to Liverpool doesn't work out. Sounds plausible given their purchases/supposed targets so far this summer, but think Norwich would give JonJo the chance of far more regular football, which he deserves & needs.

A healthy injection of sell-on cash would certainly be deserved & needed by us as well. He went far too cheaply in the first place, for the talent that he is.
  • Options
    Letting 3 decent youths go? Sign of the times IMO sign a cheap foreigner instead.
  • Options
    Would we be entitled to any money from sell on clauses ?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Would we be entitled to any money from sell on clauses ?

As said above 15% of anything over £3.5m if we haven't sold (factored) that already.

So if Everpool sell at 7m approx £525k
  • Options
    Really can't understand the love-in regarding jonjo to be honest. Yes, I know he started with us and we wish him well an all that..................

But some of the comments on here are way over the top. Arsenal, Spurs etc? Do me a favour. He'd probably be further away from their starting 11 than he is at the bin dippers.

He's a decent prem player in the making. Nothing wrong with that....................................
  • Options
    So off of £7,000,000.00 do we get 15% off of whatever is over £3,500,000.00 in this case £525,000.00 or off of the full £7,000,000.00 being £1,050,000.00?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    £525,000.00 & £1,050,000.00 are the 15% figures!
  • Options
    He Isn't going to Norwich.
  • Options

Really can't understand the love-in regarding jonjo to be honest. Yes, I know he started with us and we wish him well an all that..................

I think you will find the "love-in" on here with him is because when he played he gave his all.... When it was time to sign pro he didn't piss off to a prem club like others have done, he signed ensuring Charlton would one day recoup more than the money they invested in him. When he was sold it was when Charlton was on their arse and needed the money not because he asked to leave.

I think you might find that is something to do with it.
  • Options
    And he has magical powers that only harry potter can beat 8)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wasn't saying he was going just trying to work out if we would get 15% off of £7m or 3.5m
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I wasn't saying he was going just trying to work out if we would get 15% off of £7m or 3.5m

Read what I posted ; - )
  • Options
    See you miss one post and all the confusion ensues.
  • Options
    You get the % agreed of the amount above what was the original purchase price

• Options
    uncle said:

I think you will find the "love-in" on here with him is because when he played he gave his all.... When it was time to sign pro he didn't piss off to a prem club like others have done, he signed ensuring Charlton would one day recoup more than the money they invested in him. When he was sold it was when Charlton was on their arse and needed the money not because he asked to leave.

Well put uncle.

• Options
    Yes, Jonjo certainly did right by us by signing a new contract after our relegation. If he hasn't, we'd have got considerably less from a tribunal than we did from Liverpool. Of course, the experience of first team action was very valuable to him but most youngsters would have signed for one of the many bigger clubs who would have taken him. The club was on an absolute knife edge at that point
  • Options
    uncle said:

Thanks for that (yet again) unbiased opinion uncle...............
  • Options

uncle said:

And what's your ITK version Tango ?

• Options

uncle said:

You are welcome..... If (yet again) you'd have taken the time to read other this and other threads about him you wouldn't have needed me to explain for you. I base my opinion on what the other supporters have said. I try not to take much notice of the ones that just snipe all the time but go on son you have your fill
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Is it?

Jonjo still reads this site. Am sure he will find it funny.

H3e needs a haircut!