Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jonjo Shelvey

Comments

• Options
    Most of us have a lot of regard for Jonjo and how he conducted himself and wish him well.
  • Options
    He was very good. Its shame he wasn't at the right age in the premier years when we had a few quid. Could of really blossomed with us into his early twenties.
  • Options
    Wanna see the lad do well. Even if he did mug me off on a Twitter competition once!
  • Options
    I still believe he will be the most capped England international we have ever produced
  • Options
    I was well chuffed when Jonjo won his England cap especially as he played well. I think he should stay at Liverpool and learn from Gerrard, so long as Gerrard tutors him properly. His time will come...
  • Options

Wanna see the lad do well. Even if he did mug me off on a Twitter competition once!

Hahaha how?
  • Options
    uncle said:

Hahaha how?
    Haha basically he asked a question to his "followers" - first person to answer it correctly got a signed pair of boots. I answered before anyone else, correctly, but the guy after me was declared the winner. I still struggled to sleep at times; the sheer injustice!
  • Options
    Alan, you still got that shirt?
  • Options

Yes mate I have, you going to the welling match?

• Options

uncle said:

Hahaha how?
    Haha basically he asked a question to his "followers" - first person to answer it correctly got a signed pair of boots. I answered before anyone else, correctly, but the guy after me was declared the winner. I still struggled to sleep at times; the sheer injustice!
    The guy after was probably a mate lol.... I will pull him about it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Jonjo and Bent are the only former players whose progress I follow.

Shelvey is one of the best players we have produced in my lifetime as a fan.
  • Options
    uncle said:

uncle said:

Hahaha how?
    The guy after was probably a mate lol.... I will pull him about it
    Haha I doubt he remembers mate and at the end of the day he can do what the hell he likes. I found it funny more than anything!
  • Options
    uncle said:

Yes, see you there, cheers. Sure Tango will put a big bid in ; - )
  • Options
    uncle said:

uncle said:

Really can't understand the love-in regarding jonjo to be honest. Yes, I know he started with us and we wish him well an all that..................

I think you will find the "love-in" on here with him is because when he played he gave his all.... When it was time to sign pro he didn't piss off to a prem club like others have done, he signed ensuring Charlton would one day recoup more than the money they invested in him. When he was sold it was when Charlton was on their arse and needed the money not because he asked to leave.

I think you might find that is something to do with it.
    Thanks for that (yet again) unbiased opinion uncle...............
    You are welcome..... If (yet again) you'd have taken the time to read other this and other threads about him you wouldn't have needed me to explain for you. I base my opinion on what the other supporters have said. I try not to take much notice of the ones that just snipe all the time but go on son you have your fill
    I actually saw Jonjo in the henderson's club in harold Hill a few weeks ago.

i always see Charlton coaches on the field doing training sessions with kids. Did he sort that for them?
  • Options
    Got nothing but good memories of Jonjo. He left before we saw the best of him but he was a really great prospect in a team where we had very little to get excited about. He was loyal, tried hard and left with the club's blessing to play for a Premiership team. What's not to like?
  • Options
    His uncle
  • Options
    Well played sir
  • Options

His uncle

Nob lol
  • Options
    edited June 2013

His uncle

Jonjo supports West Ham.

And he didnt wave at the travelling Charlton fans once when subbed

• Options

uncle said:

uncle said:

Really can't understand the love-in regarding jonjo to be honest. Yes, I know he started with us and we wish him well an all that..................

I think you will find the "love-in" on here with him is because when he played he gave his all.... When it was time to sign pro he didn't piss off to a prem club like others have done, he signed ensuring Charlton would one day recoup more than the money they invested in him. When he was sold it was when Charlton was on their arse and needed the money not because he asked to leave.

You are welcome..... If (yet again) you'd have taken the time to read other this and other threads about him you wouldn't have needed me to explain for you. I base my opinion on what the other supporters have said. I try not to take much notice of the ones that just snipe all the time but go on son you have your fill

i always see Charlton coaches on the field doing training sessions with kids. Did he sort that for them?
    His dad coaches a few Charlton teams up there.... Do you drink up there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Evening Al

See what i done there plaaayer
  • Options

uncle said:

Yes, see you there, cheers. Sure Tango will put a big bid in ; - )
    hahaha yeah I'm sure he will.... No worries mate, be nice to catch up... Hope that NLA aint going though.
  • Options
    NLA only goes if there is a freebie
  • Options
    uncle said:

uncle said:

uncle said:

I have done occassionally. Played football up there a few times.
  • Options

uncle said:

uncle said:

uncle said:

Who do you play for?
  • Options
    It is always free to me mate got many people on the pay roll me and scp have transfers to discuss and have penciled in welling as the day to tick boxes
  • Options
    uncle said:

uncle said:

uncle said:

uncle said:

Who do you play for?
    It was work related. We used the pitch.
  • Options
    uncle said:

uncle said:

So how exactly have I sniped? My comment (which you conveniently edited in your quote) was regarding some suggestions that he'd be better off at clubs like Arsenal/spurs etc. In my opinion, he's nowhere near the standard for either of those. He might well be in a few years but certainly not yet.

Not got a problem with Shelvey in any way, but think some need to take a reality check on how good he actually is......................Amen

• Options
    Jonjo is decent no doubt but he is not a complete player yet. I agree he should continue on under Gerrard learning what he needs to be brilliant.
  • Options
    Liverpool should let him go to a team like Norwich - but on loan!