Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Takeover

Comments

• Options

dickplumb said:

According to another forum we are in due diligence at the moment.

I believe so, but it appears to be quite a common occurence.
  • Options
    cafc1263 said:

dickplumb said:

What forum is that then
  • Options
    What forum is that then
  • Options
    I've been told from a different source, but it's probably into the valley.
  • Options
    Watch out for the Germans

• Options
    Would be entertaining if the only takeover rumour that didn't get 30+ pages was in fact the real takeover.

Not holding my breath though...
  • Options
    We're always in due diligence.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

That's a rumour that's been doing the rounds for some weeks now.
    That's a rumour that's been doing the rounds for some now.
  • Options

Whilst readily admitting to be a bit thick about such things, this due diligence malarky, how the hell are we meant to pass it when we have not (allegedly) for the last three or four efforts? Russkis, Arabs and Martians appear to have scrutinised the books before moving on to other basket cases. What makes anyone think the figures will add up this time?

Perhaps some potential buyers in the past have been wasting everyones time as they don't have the wealth to satisfy the creditors that they arent Goldberg / Jordan in disguise! There is a reason that Richard Murray is the gurantor on the bank account/overdraft and that is because he holds UK assets with value far in excess of the limit.
    Take him out of the equation and you either need to pay people back or convince them you are good for the money.
    I really doubt there is anything wrong on the Charlton side because the paperwork for DD must be pretty minimal - title to the Valley, player contracts and proof that the accounts and forecasts stack up.
    As posted by others it is all about buyer and seller agreeing a price...sooner the better as far as I'm concerned so we can sign up the management team and best players and look forwards to 2014/15 season

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Whilst readily admitting to be a bit thick about such things, this due diligence malarky, how the hell are we meant to pass it when we have not (allegedly) for the last three or four efforts? Russkis, Arabs and Martians appear to have scrutinised the books before moving on to other basket cases. What makes anyone think the figures will add up this time?

Reducing the asking price changes the figures considerably.

Could be that we are being open about what the previoud bidders have found. And adjusted the price accordingly
  • Options

Reducing the asking price changes the figures considerably.

I doubt whether a discrepancy of a few million here or there is of much consequence to someone with an estimated fortune of 28 billion. Chelsea were in a dire financial position when Abramovic moved in for them. People with that kind of wealth are more interested in future potential. I really hope there is something in this given our previous links with Scandinavia. I think it could be a marriage made in heaven, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options
    They are going to do a great big IKEA where the Charlton Sainsbury's is I read somewhere.
    AND
    Sven Goran Erikson is Swedish and gave Chris Powell a cap in his first England squad.
    See? It's all coming together, I also heard we will run out to Abbas Money Money Money.
  • Options
    Maybe Jiminez' recent court defeat means he is now more realistic / desperate to sell.

Either way - this is one of the only takeover rumours that has really got me excited. I love all things scandinavian and would like to think they are ethical in their business and would want the best for us. Maybe I am naive but I can't see them coming in and being inept
  • Options
    I want to get excited about a takeover by a billionaire but I just cant. It never works out. Not for Charlton :(
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I think the Steffan Persson rumours are a load of old cobblers. I think the DD thing is also a bit a red herring because I think that we have been in DD many times before. I'm sure that eventually we will be sold because the current owners just don't have the money needed to fund the losses. When and to whom is anyone's guess. I doubt it's any time very soon.
  • Options
    Time for undue diligence, that might be more successful?
  • Options
    They eat lots of red herring in Sweden.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

I want to get excited about a takeover by a billionaire but I just cant. It never works out. Not for Charlton :(

count your lucky stars we weren't taken over by Zabeel, we would've turned into another Portsmouth.

• Options
    It would help if we had an insider who could gives us a "heads up" on whats going on............but they've all been sacked !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should we contact Missing Persson's ?
  • Options
    Seeing how Southampton are flying at the moment , must give potential investors food for thought (Minus the dumping Chrissy Powell please Santa!).
  • Options
    seth plum said:

They are going to do a great big IKEA where the Charlton Sainsbury's is I read somewhere.
    AND
    Sven Goran Erikson is Swedish and gave Chris Powell a cap in his first England squad.
    See? It's all coming together, I also heard we will run out to Abbas Money Money Money.

Charlton have a new pom pom girl
  • Options
    However much I know that the only possible outcome is that the current owners sell the club, I still can't bring myself to believe any of the rumours going around...much as I would love there to be some truth in them, because until we get new people at the top, we will be treading water at best. On top of that, there doesn't seem to much smoke to indicate that this particular fire has been ignited!
  • Options
    Due diligence is a complex process and I imagine there would be hundreds of files. But as accountants proceed if they find cause for concern that something being represented is not as it seems they look harder. As we all know some of the reps in the document airman came across contained points which won't take long to work out they are wrong, then added to that Jimenez is described in court as unreliable or that his evidence should be treated with real caution and you have your reason why dd is very complex and selling the club very hard
  • Options
    Molob said:

Due diligence is a complex process and I imagine there would be hundreds of files. But as accountants proceed if they find cause for concern that something being represented is not as it seems they look harder. As we all know some of the reps in the document airman came across contained points which won't take long to work out they are wrong, then added to that Jimenez is described in court as unreliable or that his evidence should be treated with real caution and you have your reason why dd is very complex and selling the club very hard

But is it any closer ?

• Options

I think the Steffan Persson rumours are a load of old cobblers.

Correct.
  • Options
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  • Options
    If I were 66, worth 28 billion and loved my sport, I'd definitely look into buying a football club to add to my super yacht and garage full of luxury cars. A fortune of that magnitude should be increasing by at least 10% (2.8 billion) each year. Losing the odd 100 million would not be an issue. If you're listening Mr Perrson, sir !
  • Options

However much I know that the only possible outcome is that the current owners sell the club, I still can't bring myself to believe any of the rumours going around...

Rumours we are in DD again began circulating 2-3 weeks ago Stem. I believe that to be true, but knowing the amount of times this happened previously you begin to take it with a pinch of salt.

I've personally heard nothing to suggest who is behind it though.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!