Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Locke and Key on netflix, was an easy watch.
    2nd series due later this year as well.
  • The North Water is one I'm looking forward to. Starts tonight on BBC 2 and iPlayer at 9:30. Stephen Graham, Jack O'Connell and Colin Farrell all in it so plenty of good acting chops.
  • The Defeated on Netflix. Directly post war Berlin which is pretty much in ruins. Lawlessness and tension. About a NYPD detective sent to Berlin by the American authorities to help set up a functioning police force in the American sector. One episode in and it’s intriguing enough to carry on. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Locke and Key on netflix, was an easy watch.
    Watched this when it first came out and quite enjoyed it.
  • I imagine probably aimed more at the younger market, but it kept our interest.
    we called the cliffhanger though.....
  • MrOneLung said:
    I imagine probably aimed more at the younger market, but it kept our interest.
    we called the cliffhanger though.....
    Yea you can tell that too, I think the graphic novel its based on is also aimed at the kind of Young Adult audience so makes sense. That said it still scared my girlfriend somehow!
  • Anyone watched Animal Kingdom? Finished the first season and just started the second.

Quite enjoying it to be honest. Seems to have a weird/sinister undertone to it and plenty of little stories popping off in it all the time.

Interested to hear others' thoughts on it.
    Would have thought you’d be used to that with a visit to the rusty toolbox.
  • Just started watching American Crime Story season 3 episode 1 which is about the Clinton impeachment scandal. I absolutely loved the previous two seasons and this new season looks great too. Sarah Paulson is totally unrecognisable.
  • The North Water is one I'm looking forward to. Starts tonight on BBC 2 and iPlayer at 9:30. Stephen Graham, Jack O'Connell and Colin Farrell all in it so plenty of good acting chops.
    Looking forward to this too. The book was outstanding. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone watched Animal Kingdom? Finished the first season and just started the second.

Quite enjoying it to be honest. Seems to have a weird/sinister undertone to it and plenty of little stories popping off in it all the time.

Really enjoyed it. Amazon dropped it after 2/3 seasons though which was annoying. Not sure where you can watch the other seasons unless you buy them
  • MrOneLung said:
    Locke and Key on netflix, was an easy watch.
    Oooh didn’t know that. 

Have read the graphic novel series and enjoyed it. 

Really enjoyed it. Amazon dropped it after 2/3 seasons though which was annoying. Not sure where you can watch the other seasons unless you buy them
    Yeah, have seen that Amazon only have the first 3 seasons. Fortunately I have access to all 5 so am hoping to get a fair few more episodes under my belt tonight and over the weekend.
  • The Defeated on Netflix. Directly post war Berlin which is pretty much in ruins. Lawlessness and tension. About a NYPD detective sent to Berlin by the American authorities to help set up a functioning police force in the American sector. One episode in and it’s intriguing enough to carry on. 
    We’ve just watched the first two episodes but we’re flagging. Great concept but not warming to any of the characters and it could get a little dark (understandable given the subject matter of course).

Yeah, have seen that Amazon only have the first 3 seasons. Fortunately I have access to all 5 so am hoping to get a fair few more episodes under my belt tonight and over the weekend.
    How do you watch it? I have looked everywhere but can't even find an option to buy anything after season 3. So odd that that isn't even an option
  • Greg Davies new series “The Cleaner” on BBC tonight was a real marmite show going by a quick scan of Twitter. Seems everyone either absolutely loved it or really hated it.

How do you watch it? I have looked everywhere but can't even find an option to buy anything after season 3. So odd that that isn't even an option
    Have DM'd you, mate 👍
  • Nobody seems to have mentioned ITV’s new 3 part follow up of Stephen (Lawrence). I think it’s excellent, as was the original. It picks up the story in 2006. The only problem I have , and it could just be me, is that I have difficulty enjoying Steve Coogan in such a serious straight role as the detective trying to do the right thing. And it was pretty chilling to see the sign “Dickson Road SE9” as they returned to the scene of the crime. At least it was a night scene but it looked “on location” to me. 
  • Greg Davies new series “The Cleaner” on BBC tonight was a real marmite show going by a quick scan of Twitter. Seems everyone either absolutely loved it or really hated it.
    I loved it. Silly as arseholes but better than a lot of other comedies out there 
  • Not sure if i have mentioned it already, but i have been binging the US version of Shameless the last month. Very similar to the UK one but my personal opinion the cast is alot better, highly recommend it if people dont mind getting hooked to a big series (11 seasons), i am on season 3. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Have been revisiting Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Absolute genius with truly behind the sofa cringe moments.

My mate described it as an intellectual Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em.
  • Really enjoying You on Netflix.
  • Rattling through s2 of Back to Life on iplayer. Some very funny moments
  • Clickbait on Netflix. 8 part series. Really good drama thriller.
    Thanks for heads up on this one Callum, we are four episodes in and really enjoying it. 
  • Clique on netflix (BBC originally) was very good.
  • Clickbait on Netflix. 8 part series. Really good drama thriller.
    Thanks for heads up on this one Callum, we are four episodes in and really enjoying it. 
    Just got the final episode to watch
  • Needed something formulaic to switch off to.
    Lone Star 9 1 1 is a show which shows the downside of everything being available through streaming.

Go back a few years and this kind of show would have been filtered out of the export to other countries process for being generally crap. It is entirely disposable but not in a good way. 

Rob Lowe always gives a decent performance and to be fair so do the other actors. Unfortunately the writing is awful and it crow bars in every inclusive demographic possible. It's heart is in the right place but execution poor. Enjoy it's on Disney plus.
  • Enjoying 'Vigil'  .. got more plots than a council allotment site
  • Shock discovery of the weekend was finding out DCI Fred Thursday is a spanner. But great to see Endeavour back on our screen. The chemistry between the leads is lovely to watch. The plot (crap football angle, This Is your Life tribute, whiff of cordite from the NI troubles and bent property deals) was nearly as barmy as Vigil but still a joy to watch.
  • Shock discovery of the weekend was finding out DCI Fred Thursday is a spanner. But great to see Endeavour back on our screen. The chemistry between the leads is lovely to watch. The plot (crap football angle, This Is your Life tribute, whiff of cordite from the NI troubles and bent property deals) was nearly as barmy as Vigil but still a joy to watch.
    Had never watched this series before Sunday

Only made it through 20 minutes before giving up on it.