Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Of course he is !! .. been bugging me where I had seen the 'Coxswain' in Vigil before .. it's the actor, Shaun Evans who also plays Endeavour Morse .. two very different roles
  • Of course he is !! .. been bugging me where I had seen the 'Coxswain' in Vigil before .. it's the actor, Shaun Evans who also plays Endeavour Morse .. two very different roles
    He was also in Teachers, years and years back, always what I recognise him from for some reason.
  • The French series Lupin on Netflix is very good. About an endearing conman.

A lot of LOL moments in the second series of Back to Life, currently on BBC3 and iplayer. 
  • The North Water.  Not even the stellar talents of Messrs Graham and Farrell can save this turkey. Three episodes in and that desire to see what happens is just about fighting off my instinct to bin it. But only just. 
  • Not a series but was on C4 tonight (Thursday) 9-11pm - Help, starring Jodie Comer & Stephen Graham.
    About Care Homes & Covid - outstanding.
  • Not a series but was on C4 tonight (Thursday) 9-11pm - Help, starring Jodie Comer & Stephen Graham.
    Brilliantly acted. 

I just wished I hadn’t noticed the continuity error on the badge of his Fila track top in the scene in the car park at the start 😄
  • Storyville on BBC iplayer about Hillside Church : God Goes Viral is a really interesting documentary about this megachurch. Seems to be all about money...
    You should see the complex they have at Norwest here in the Hills district of Sydney.......money to burn this lot.
  • Ive been watching buckets of blood Van Helsing on Netflix.....not sure why I like t really but Ive enjoyed it so far, nearing the end of season 4.

I enjoyed Start up on Netflix, shame they canned it really...hopefully Netflix will look at the ratings and pick up the production.

War of the Worlds on SBS here....series one was very good, but series two seems a bit predictable....good spin on a well known story though.

I really enjoyed Lucky Man on Prime...worth a look

Watching Blindspot now on Netflix, bit predictable, a blend of the corny CSI format and plots taken away from Blacklist....blah

Clickbait....didnt find any affinity with the characters, gave up.

The Chair, wanted to like it but its another no from me.
  • edited September 2021
    Not a series but was on C4 tonight (Thursday) 9-11pm - Help, starring Jodie Comer & Stephen Graham.
    Loved every second of it. Brilliantly written & filmed, highly relevant, current and thought provoking with superb, believable acting from Comer and Graham. 
  • meldrew66 said:
    Not a series but was on C4 tonight (Thursday) 9-11pm - Help, starring Jodie Comer & Stephen Graham.
    Loved every second of it. Brilliantly written & filmed, highly relevant, current and thought provoking with superb, believable acting from Comer and Graham. 
    Will watch this on catchup.
  • Sponsored links:

• Help, quite brilliant acting. Perhaps a more accurate title for the film should have been helplessness. The night time sequence was harrowing and distressing, giving a single corridor in a nursing home more atmosphere and foreboding than an entire season of Vigil submarine settings.

A top notch cast telling a tragic story of recent history. Comer and Graham outstanding individually and marvellous when together.  
  • Narcos Mexico's third and (sadly) final season will be out in November:

• I really enjoyed The North Water. 7.7 rating on IMDB and 93% on rotten tomatoes suggests that most people feel the same way.
    Very similar and in my opinion not as good as The Terror but still worth delving into the lives of sailers from the age of exploration.
    Jack O'Connell and Colin Farrell make worthy leads. Stephen Graham is underused but always worth watching. 
  • johnny73 said:
    I really enjoyed The North Water. 7.7 rating on IMDB and 93% on rotten tomatoes suggests that most people feel the same way.
    Very similar and in my opinion not as good as The Terror but still worth delving into the lives of sailers from the age of exploration.
    Jack O'Connell and Colin Farrell make worthy leads. Stephen Graham is underused but always worth watching. 
    A friend of mine recommended it to me - we both like Jack O'Connell - so I watched the first episode a couple of weeks ago. Thought it was okay but too slow...  not sure if I want to continue.😂
  • Jessie said:
    johnny73 said:
    I really enjoyed The North Water. 7.7 rating on IMDB and 93% on rotten tomatoes suggests that most people feel the same way.
    A friend of mine recommended it to me - we both like Jack O'Connell - so I watched the first episode a couple of weeks ago. Thought it was okay but too slow...  not sure if I want to continue.😂
    I watched it all in one evening, that might have helped. It is slow but I prefer that to the fast pace / edits of modern shows.
  • Just finished Alma’s Not Normal. Very good, not belly laughs all the time but some brilliantly funny lines and a bitter sweet comedy. Sophie Willan has used her past to good effect and I am now a big fan - the latest in a line of clever female comedians. Great support performances also by Lorraine Ashbourne, Jayde Adams, James Baxter and the ever versatile Siobhan Finneran.
  • Never mind the buzzcocks.
    Now on Sky 😂😂😂😂
  • Just finished Alma’s Not Normal. Very good, not belly laughs all the time but some brilliantly funny lines and a bitter sweet comedy. Sophie Willan has used her past to good effect and I am now a big fan - the latest in a line of clever female comedians. Great support performances also by Lorraine Ashbourne, Jayde Adams, James Baxter and the ever versatile Siobhan Finneran.
    I remember Siobhan Finneran from the film 'Rita, Sue and Bob too' - a pretty stunning 80s film.
  • Finally got Netflix, Disney & Amazon Prime.

OMG! I’m loving the Mandalorin 😳🤩
    I just love the way they have stayed so true to the original feel of the Star Wars movies, even down to the rubbish graphics on the sight screens.
    I just want to draw tie fighters all over my exercise books 🤩🤩😍😍😁😁
    Tried watching Mandalorian with the kids in lockdown 1 but we just couldn’t get into it even though the kids are Star Wars nuts (8 year olds bedroom above for example). 

Might have to try it again but on my own. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m watching it alone.
    Hubby struggles with all things SW.

I want that wallpaper 🤩
  • You'll enjoy the second season!!
  • You'll enjoy the second season!!
    I’ve got two to go.
    But I don’t want it to end 😫
  • Love the Star Wars stuff - Mandalorian was brilliant. Bad Batch was decent as well, but never quite lived up to the first episode, which is worth a watch on its own even if you don't watch the rest.

They've just released a bunch of Anime style episodes under the "Visions" title. Think every episode is a different storyline and characters with a different art style + anime company developing it. Plan on watching a good few episodes this weekend of it, not sure what to expect!
  • Love the Star Wars stuff - Mandalorian was brilliant. Bad Batch was decent as well, but never quite lived up to the first episode, which is worth a watch on its own even if you don't watch the rest.

They've just released a bunch of Anime style episodes under the "Visions" title. Think every episode is a different storyline and characters with a different art style + anime company developing it. Plan on watching a good few episodes this weekend of it, not sure what to expect!
    Thanks for the Bad Batch mention, that was my next visit.
  • Has anyone been watching 9 Perfect Strangers on Amazon?

It looks like the sort of thing I would like....but just wondered if anyone else had seen it?

It looks like the sort of thing I would like....but just wondered if anyone else had seen it?
    I’m the same. Looks like my thing but not sure. I’m waiting for others to watch it first and reading reviews.

Read the book a year or so ago & liked it.
  • Manhunt, Night Stalker.

Martin Clunes stars in this based on a true story involving rapes and break in's in South London.

Very Good
    Yes and I have to say one of the scenes last night was scary.