Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Manifest.

Very odd. Halfway through the 3rd season. Had a wobble during season 2 and not sure sticking with it was the right call  :#
    I got as far as first 2 Eps then binned it. Utter tripe.
    Yeah, unfortunately, I'm too invested now to drop it. 
    I was like that with Blacklist. Loved the first couple of series then it just started getting more and more daft. 
    I think I gave up on it after series 4. I can't believe it's still going and can only imagine how ridiculous the storylines must be now?!?
    Haven't watched Blacklist, although it is on my to watch list so may have to review that now. Cheers.
    Almost 200 episodes to catch up on n'all........that takes some commitment.
    I managed to get through Game of Thrones in just over 4 weeks, so not afraid of a challenge  :)
  • Manifest.

Very odd. Halfway through the 3rd season. Had a wobble during season 2 and not sure sticking with it was the right call  :#
    If that’s the one with the bloke with the bald head and an airplane full of dead folk,, I remember getting through about six or seven episodes before giving up.
  • Manifest.

If that’s the one with the bloke with the bald head and an airplane full of dead folk,, I remember getting through about six or seven episodes before giving up.
    That's the one. I fear you made the right choice.
  • Valley11 said:
    Is it worth persevering with Peaky Blinders?
    Three eps into series 1 and it’s not grabbing me.

Jealous that some are starting Gomorrah. Favourite series of all time. The first few series, anyway. 
    Absolutely. Stick with it. Although personally I thought the last series was terrible. 
    Definitely stick with it. Series 2 was when the world decided it was masterclass stuff. In series 2 you get to meet Alfie Solomons, played by Tom Hardy, delivering his own mini masterclass. Although you have to wait til S4 before you get him delivering my favourite ever spit-your-beer out one-liner, which nobody should spoil for you…😉
  • Valley11 said:

Jealous that some are starting Gomorrah. Favourite series of all time. The first few series, anyway. 
    Absolutely. Stick with it. Although personally I thought the last series was terrible. 
    Definitely stick with it. Series 2 was when the world decided it was masterclass stuff. In series 2 you get to meet Alfie Solomons, played by Tom Hardy, delivering his own mini masterclass. Although you have to wait til S4 before you get him delivering my favourite ever spit-your-beer out one-liner, which nobody should spoil for you…😉
    Oh yes, a most wonderful line 🤣
  • Valley11 said:

I struggled with Series 1, but I'm now on series 3 and loving it.
  • Manifest.

There have been a few of these - they show promise, but they need an end. Most of them don’t. They’ll just go on until they get canceled, and those that stick with it will end up disappointed because the answer was never revealed. 

Alphas, the 4400 all went that way, this and Debris will do the same.  
  • And then there are those that mysteriously are tinned after one season when building nicely. So you never even really get to the main issue/event behind them.
    I'm still annoyed about The Event and Flash Forward being cancelled. I'm sure there are many others.
  • Friends, if you have a VPN you might want to check out what the Australian broadcaster SBS has to offer. For ages I've been doing my nut trying to get series 5 of the brilliant French spy series Le Bureau, ready to pay (but not to take out a subscription), but not even finding it on the darkweb. Finally I read an article which led me to SBS ON Demand. I assumed it would ask me to pay, and then maybe turn down my foreign card, but it's totally free. Give 'em an email address to confirm and yer good to go, Aussie. Stream on the VPN is 100% too, which I can't say for iPlayer or All4. I haven't even looked at what else they have yet, but if they bought the Bureau, they've got taste!
    A Fantastic array of foreign films and TV series on SBS on demand. Aussie Terrestrial TV is generally very poor with the exception of SBS and ABC. I recommend Wakefield, available on ABC's version of iplayer. About a male nurse in a mental facility in the Blue Mountains. As his patients seem to gradually get better, his mental health gradually deteriorates. Well worth a look....8 seasons of Spiral available on SBS, Project Bluebook, Vikings, Both the US and Danish versions of The Bridge and so on. 
  • Manifest.

There have been a few of these - they show promise, but they need an end. Most of them don’t. They’ll just go on until they get canceled, and those that stick with it will end up disappointed because the answer was never revealed. 

Seems that way. Managed to binge the rest of the 3rd season yesterday just to get to the end of it. 4th season due. Not sure I'll bother to be honest. Might as well put it down to experience and leave it open ended.

Sopranos or Gomorrah next I reckon.
  • Sponsored links:

• My turkey radar is pretty accurate these days.

It was sat bolt upright 20 minutes in to Manifest.
  • Ragnarok on Netflix is very good! Kind of a Norse Buffy The Vampire Slayer; doesn't take itself too seriously. Waiting to see if a third series is going to be commissioned.
  • Speaking of Gomorrah, the fella who played Gennaro was in series 4 of Fargo, as was the fella who played Samurai in Suburra: Blood On Rome.
  • Manifest.

Seems that way. Managed to binge the rest of the 3rd season yesterday just to get to the end of it. 4th season due. Not sure I'll bother to be honest. Might as well put it down to experience and leave it open ended.

Wow......you are really in for a treat!
  • Manifest.

Wow......you are really in for a treat!
    Never used to be in to series at all as I could never give the time to watching them week in, week out. Now life has changed and I'm WFH a lot of the time it's given me time to get involved in picking up popular ones that have finished so are ripe for binge watching.

I flew threw Narcos and Narcos Mexico last month as well.
  • The original Narcos was great - but I struggled to get into Mexico
  • hawksmoor said:
    Speaking of Gomorrah, the fella who played Gennaro was in series 4 of Fargo, as was the fella who played Samurai in Suburra: Blood On Rome.
    He's good in it, although it was a slightly disappointing series. 
  • I thought the weakest, most annoying character in Fargo series 4 was the one played by Jessie Buckley.
  • If was the director, I'd be shouting cut and saying to her: 'Whoah, Jessie. What are you doing? What's with the silly walk? The stupid accent?'
  • edited August 2021
    The original Narcos was great - but I struggled to get into Mexico
    I did as well. Glad I stuck with it, though, as they both tie in eventually.
  • Sponsored links:

• WHAddick said:
    And then there are those that mysteriously are tinned after one season when building nicely. So you never even really get to the main issue/event behind them.
    I'm still annoyed about The Event and Flash Forward being cancelled. I'm sure there are many others.
    At last - someone else who watched Flash Forward

me and the wife were gutted it ended on the season 1 cliffhanger and was just dropped
  • MrOneLung said:
    WHAddick said:
    And then there are those that mysteriously are tinned after one season when building nicely. So you never even really get to the main issue/event behind them.
    At last - someone else who watched Flash Forward

me and the wife were gutted it ended on the season 1 cliffhanger and was just dropped

So frustrating.  I didn't think the viewing figures looked that bad compared to other series but then again I'm not a top US TV executive...
  • Started watching Cruel Summer on Amazon Prime the other night and am finding it quite intriguing. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out.
  • Started watching Cruel Summer on Amazon Prime the other night and am finding it quite intriguing. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out.
    It's pretty decent......enjoyed it.
  • Manifest.

I can't believe you aint watched Sopranos yet!

• I've recently watched the 2nd series of Forensics The Real CSI on iplayer.
    Fascinating series follows the forensic teams in West Midlands police.
    Not for anyone easily upset as some cases are upsetting and sad. 
    The stabbing in the park episode was an eye opener for me the amount of work that goes on to get forensic evidence.
    Wish I'd seen the 1st series it doesn't seem to be shown anymore.

• I've recently watched the 2nd series of Forensics The Real CSI on iplayer.
    Fascinating series follows the forensic teams in West Midlands police.
    Not for anyone easily upset as some cases are upsetting and sad. 
    The stabbing in the park episode was an eye opener for me the amount of work that goes on to get forensic evidence.
    Wish I'd seen the 1st series it doesn't seem to be shown anymore.

The crossbow one, where the lad accidentally killed his brother while fighting another gang over drugs. Crazy.