Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• She was in The Manageress in the 80’s as female boss of a league club. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    She was in The Manageress in the 80’s as female boss of a league club. 
    Oh yeah, right. I had the vague idea it had been done in the UK, but couldn’t remember exactly. So it must have been crap. 

Way before your time but does anyone remember the 60s series “United” ? I have a feeling there was a female manager in that series. It was ahead of its time in some ways, tackled things like mental illness in players ( watching as a kid, that episode really unsettled me). Jimmy Hill was involved with it. 
  • Just finished watching the latest series of Baptiste. Starts ok but descends into laughable tripe.
  • Just finished watching the latest series of Baptiste. Starts ok but descends into laughable tripe.
    I gave up on it after ep4. 
    Yeah I thought the same. Shame because I really enjoyed the previous 3 series. 
    I thought the whole episode was absolutely unbelievable rubbish.
  • Just read about the Never Mind The Buzzcocks reboot on Sky. Should be interesting.

Greg Davies hosting with team captains Noel Fielding and Daisy May Cooper. Recurring guest comedian Jamali Maddix.
    Used to love the old show. Though Lamarr was a great host and Amstell an even better replacement
  • Not a new series as I'm not one for waiting a week for each episode and then a year for the next season to come around. I prefer to binge watch and smash through a series, but I'm nearly finished with 'Impulse'.

Only 2 seasons so easy to watch over the course of a weekend if you're able to pay the missus and kids to disappear for long periods of time.

Has a Looper feel to it (of 2012 movie fame).
  • I loved never mind the buzzcocks. Mark Lamarr used to have me in stitches especially during the lookalike bit 

Simon Amstell was a joy on it too and I welcomed the relentless piss taking 

I hope it remains ruthless 
  • hawksmoor said:
    OK, not new, although a new series is due this year, but has anybody mentioned It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia yet? I'm on series seven. Oh, with the new series, the 15th, I believe it officially becomes the longest-running sitcom in history, which is bloody good going bearing in mind there's something to offend in virtually every episode. Like the child pageant episode I watched last night.
    Sunny is probably my favourite TV show (or certainly my favourite comedy) of all time, probably watched every episode 10+ times. I’m surprised it isn’t more popular in the UK given the dark sense of humour.

Netflix deleting some of the episodes is completely ridiculous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Netflix is deleting episodes?
  • Not a new series as I'm not one for waiting a week for each episode and then a year for the next season to come around. I prefer to binge watch and smash through a series, but I'm nearly finished with 'Impulse'.

Only 2 seasons so easy to watch over the course of a weekend if you're able to pay the missus and kids to disappear for long periods of time.

Scrap that. Although a decent series it seems there should have been a third season but YouTube panned it. Bastards.
  • I think this has been covered on here already but just got around to it myself, Invincible on Prime was v good. First episode and the last couple of episodes were absolutely brutal. If you enjoyed The Boys/Watchmen it should be up your street
  • hawksmoor said:
    Netflix is deleting episodes?
    Yeah they’ve removed the episode(s) that include the gangs (horrendous and incredibly funny) attempt to make Lethal Weapon 6.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2020/06/12/always-sunny-philadelphia-episodes-removed-netflix-blackface-12845622/amp/
  • Carter said:
    I loved never mind the buzzcocks. Mark Lamarr used to have me in stitches especially during the lookalike bit 

Simon Amstell was a joy on it too and I welcomed the relentless piss taking 

I hope it remains ruthless 
    I think Greg Davies is the perfect pick to carry that torch. I'm looking forward to it.
  • Bradley and Holly Take Off .. and with a bit of luck they won't come back :) .. seriously, a formulaic game show that will please many and horrify a few .. I'd really expect this to be more Ant n Dec and ITV
  • You can never have too much Holly Willoughby on TV
  • Bradley and Holly Take Off .. and with a bit of luck they won't come back :) .. seriously, a formulaic game show that will please many and horrify a few .. I'd really expect this to be more Ant n Dec and ITV
    There is a reason that despite being filmed before the pandemic it hadn’t been shown to date. 

What a load of pants 
  • Schmigadoon Apple TV+ a comedic musical TV show - it’s mad as a box of frogs, but if you enjoy musical theatre, likely right up your street. If not, probably best to steer clear as the 3-4 songs per episode will properly get on your nerves. 

Fortunately I like musical theatre and over the top acting performances so right up my street… 8/10
  • Schmigadoon Apple TV+ a comedic musical TV show - it’s mad as a box of frogs, but if you enjoy musical theatre, likely right up your street. If not, probably best to steer clear as the 3-4 songs per episode will properly get on your nerves. 

Fortunately I like musical theatre and over the top acting performances so right up my street… 8/10
    Looks absolutely awful and your review has confirmed my swerve! 
  • Sponsored links:

“Looper” is one of those words that just has to be said in a Geordie accent. 

“Looper” is one of those words that just has to be said in a Geordie accent. 
    LOL.
    Reminds me of Jack Charlton as a pundit during Euro96 and the way he said "Zubizarreta" and "Goalkeeper".

Looper” is one of those words that just has to be said in a Geordie accent. 
    “Rollercoaster”
    ”Pooperscooper”
    ”Kawasaki”

(copyright Jimmy Carr.)
  • Finished Atypical. The daughters storyline ruined it for me. Was almost more about her than Sam in the 3rd and 4th series.
  • edited August 2021
    Ok it’s not new but just wanted to share one of my favourite TV clips… https://youtu.be/9jlaZL7CWHY
  • REGULAR REMINDER TO ENSURE YOU'RE NOT POSTING SPOILERS TO OTHERS. WHEN POSTING ON THIS THREAD, THANK YOU
  • Documentary on Kurupt FM - People just do nothing - on BBC tonight. Also on Iplayer.

Kurupting the Industry.

Very funny.
  • TV watching proving tougher than a Wetherpoons steak at the moment. Just one TV in house + kids staying later in the summer = F all TV watching for me!

The two I’ve had on the go lasts couple of months and enjoying 

Clarkson Farm - 4 episodes in. Didn’t expect to enjoy it but loving it

Gomorrah - Finished Series 2 last night. F***ING HELL!!

Have downloaded Ballers to add next. Worth a watch?
  • edited August 2021
    TV watching proving tougher than a Wetherpoons steak at the moment. Just one TV in house + kids staying later in the summer = F all TV watching for me!

The two I’ve had on the go lasts couple of months and enjoying 

Clarkson Farm - 4 episodes in. Didn’t expect to enjoy it but loving it

Gomorrah - Finished Series 2 last night. F***ING HELL!!

Have downloaded Ballers to add next. Worth a watch?
    We've been watching that this week, really good.

Like that he doesn't go too far into the Top Gear style deliberately messing about, and genuinely wants to do a good job.

Kaleb is brilliant, hard working, good at his job, funny and knows his own mind, impressive at 22.

"I'll say it again: f**k the sheep."
  • Started watching Penny Dreadful on Sky Atlantic. Really enjoying it. Plenty of gore.