Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• When it comes to Friday Night Dinner - The dad is easily the funniest character. Actually think Jim spoils some of it. 
    Jim goes from being a bit part character to almost a mainstay in the last series, and it ruins a lot of the episodes.

• I've just binged al six series Loved it; Martin and Jim could be two of the great comedy characters of recent years.

So, what next? Anything else with similar humour? Thinking of Peep Show as the writer was involved.
    I suppose comedy is all personal taste but I loved 

Friday Night Dinner 
    Peep Show
    Spaced
    Inbetweeners

They are all slightly different though
  • hawksmoor said:
    Years late, and it’s only because it’s been recommended on here, but I’ve started watching Ozark.
    Ozark started brilliantly but I felt the second season meandered a bit. They nailed Season 3 though.
  • edited March 2021
    hawksmoor said:
    Years late, and it’s only because it’s been recommended on here, but I’ve started watching Ozark.
    It's a real feel good show too
    Definitely. One for all the family.
  • Croydon said:
    When it comes to Friday Night Dinner - The dad is easily the funniest character. Actually think Jim spoils some of it. 
    Jim goes from being a bit part character to almost a mainstay in the last series, and it ruins a lot of the episodes.
    Agreed. Didn't like the new dog, either. I thought the last series was poor, especially the episode with the nanny. One of the absolute worst. The classic dead fox episode was the best episode in all of the series.
  • Two more have started on Disney Plus which might be worth giving a go.

Mighty Ducks: Game Changers has been released today (the first episode at least) - Seems like its geared more towards introducing new kids into the Mighty Ducks franchise rather than being a nod to the original trilogy (like what Cobra Kai is to Karate Kid). Going to be curious to see what way they take the likes of Emilio Estevez returning.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier: Next MCU series began last week, much more action and a lot faster paced than WandaVision
  • Sponsored links:

• WARNING: Do not watch “The One” on Netflix, the missus is watching it and every part I’ve caught has been utter dogshit, when I raise this with her she agrees and carries on watching it....
  • Fumbluff said:
    WARNING: Do not watch “The One” on Netflix, the missus is watching it and every part I’ve caught has been utter dogshit, when I raise this with her she agrees and carries on watching it....
    Bit like Married at first sight - Australia. Utter cack but addictive!
  • Dear me, Kelly Macdonald is an awful actor 
  • I loved Spaced.

Green Wing was good, odd but very funny.
  • Not new, the BBC have bravely decided to rehash the 1990's series 'Between the Lines'. And guess what ?, this series is really a super prototype for 'Line of Duty', dealing with police corruption.
     The first B T L repeat was this Sunday gone on BBC 4 after L O D was broadcast on 1.
    In this first repeat episode, it took old bill just 50 minutes to root out bang to rights a corrupt superintendent. So, the L O D crew need to get their skates on, as it takes them 7 hours a case  to get the dirty on their targets and they STILL have rotten apples in the AC12 barrel ((:>)
  • Finally got round to watching Gangs of London ... nicely set up for the 2nd series ... but is Sean Wallace actually dead?
  • Try the Irregulars on Netflix. Interesting take on Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. It won't be for everyone but it's quite good amongst a sea of boring stuff. 
  • Try the Irregulars on Netflix. Interesting take on Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson. It won't be for everyone but it's quite good amongst a sea of boring stuff. 
    I had to turn it off. It was like Hollyoaks acting level. Agree it will have it fans tho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Unforgotten is top notch TV.
    Indeed it is.
  • I thought it went a bit ITV tonight.
    I am enjoying this more than line of duty.
  • We have just watched the second and final episode of Deadwind on Netflix.  It’s all in Finnish and the first series drags a bit but the second (a different story with the same two main detectives) is exciting.  Thoroughly recommended (go straight to series 2). Another series is being made apparently.
    I am enjoying this more than line of duty.
    I like both, but it's strange how one gets the hype and the other doesn't.

Some of the acting in Unforgotten has been superb through the series - Mark Bonnar's explanation over his childhood in series 2 & Alex Jennings's switch in S3 stand out but I thought that the last couple of scenes from the one playing the guilty party tonight were very good too.
  • Not new, the BBC have bravely decided to rehash the 1990's series 'Between the Lines'. And guess what ?, this series is really a super prototype for 'Line of Duty', dealing with police corruption.
     The first B T L repeat was this Sunday gone on BBC 4 after L O D was broadcast on 1.
    In this first repeat episode, it took old bill just 50 minutes to root out bang to rights a corrupt superintendent. So, the L O D crew need to get their skates on, as it takes them 7 hours a case  to get the dirty on their targets and they STILL have rotten apples in the AC12 barrel ((:>)
      Again not new...  Between the Lines was produced by Tony Garnett, who also produced GF Newman's original Law and Order.  Everybody's bent in it, Ken Campbell does a brilliant turn as the slipperiest solicitor you'll meet unless you met Milan Mandaric's associates.
  • edited March 2021
    ColinTat said:
    Not new, the BBC have bravely decided to rehash the 1990's series 'Between the Lines'. And guess what ?, this series is really a super prototype for 'Line of Duty', dealing with police corruption.
      Again not new...  Between the Lines was produced by Tony Garnett, who also produced GF Newman's original Law and Order.  Everybody's bent in it, Ken Campbell does a brilliant turn as the slipperiest solicitor you'll meet unless you met Milan Mandaric's associates.
    I well remember Law and Order .. it was repeated a while back (2/3 years ago ?) and still seemed current and relevant .. Newman wrote a few 'fiction/fact' series depicting corruption in public organisations .. there was also one about the NHS
  • A very downbeat farewell episode of Unforgotten. No spoilers yet, but it was sad to see it go. Very good cast and some excellent writing (although lots of open ends left in this series, not least how as Millwall supporter survived for as long as he did living in or around Colindale). Hope they keep it going not least for Sanjeev Bhaskar's warm and subtle take on detective work.