Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• So, Line of Duty returns...lets hope filming in lockdown hasnt held it back too much. I’m going to check my heart rate monitor...Jed Mercurio usually likes a fast start. The start of Bodyguard was off the scale, I was literally taking deep breaths to recover when the terrorist stand off finally ended. More like that tonight, please Jed! 
  • So, Line of Duty returns...lets hope filming in lockdown hasnt held it back too much. I’m going to check my heart rate monitor...Jed Mercurio usually likes a fast start. The start of Bodyguard was off the scale, I was literally taking deep breaths to recover when the terrorist stand off finally ended. More like that tonight, please Jed! 
    I'm more looking forward to trying to keep count of how many times Arnott and Fleming call each other "mate"
    There's a drinking game there.
  • Anyone been watching Helstrom on Star TV part of the Disney channel??

Its a Marvel series and I was wondering what others think of it?

Apparently it was cancelled after one season by Hula but I'm enjoying it.

Probably in the minority but interested in views.... 

• Happy Birthday @bolloxbolder !
    Was it a Noughty one?
  • MOBY DUCK said:
    Happy Birthday @bolloxbolder !
    Was it a Noughty one?

Yep, 60 today.  Bloody hell.
  • MOBY DUCK said:
    Happy Birthday @bolloxbolder !
    Was it a Noughty one?

Yep, 60 today.  Bloody hell.
    Snap ! 

The birthday only, sadly.

Hope you had an enjoyable Day, BB. 
  • se9addick said:
    Your Honor - Sky Atlantic / Box sets or NOWTV
    about 4/ episodes in, really enjoying how its unfolding, i wouldn't take it too serious eg. some points you are literally thinking silly idiot, or what are you doing. But without dissecting everything its a decent watch and so far so good.
    Did you finish it? I thought it went a little off track in the last few episodes but pulled it back at the very end for a reasonable finale. 

I kinda felt Cranston was sort of reprising his Breaking Bad - good guy in a crazy situation that introduces him to the criminal underworld & requires him to make difficult choices - role.
    Not yet mate, its tough to finish series sometimes at the mo. I am temporary living with people (a couple) so we try and watch things, however this one is on the backburner for the time being, other things to watch or not watching much. 

I did binge a 4 episode mini series on Disney + yesterday, 30 mins episodes. 

Love on the Corona (might be called something similar) - Disney + , Ok this isn't the normal recommendation and probably not most peoples cup of tea. However i enjoyed it, not even sure if its a TV show or reality, i am guessing its scripted. As it says on the tin, it follows a few different lives during Corona, American. Wont be everyones but i enjoyed it and was a bit feel good, if anyone fancies a quick binge where you dont have to take it too serious. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Finished Queens Gambit last night. 
    Thought is was very good. 

My only qualm was there were not enough draws in the chess matches like there are in ‘real life’ 

Heard might be a second series but it was based on a book that had no sequel so wonder where they will go with it. 

I have been playing with friends, randoms online lately. However i have not had one draw, although i am a bit open so maybe thats why and i am not at the level gurantee draws, i can sometimes string out a win for the other person. In summary i am rubbish :) 
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    Your Honor - Sky Atlantic / Box sets or NOWTV
    about 4/ episodes in, really enjoying how its unfolding, i wouldn't take it too serious eg. some points you are literally thinking silly idiot, or what are you doing. But without dissecting everything its a decent watch and so far so good.
    Did you finish it? I thought it went a little off track in the last few episodes but pulled it back at the very end for a reasonable finale. 

I kinda felt Cranston was sort of reprising his Breaking Bad - good guy in a crazy situation that introduces him to the criminal underworld & requires him to make difficult choices - role.
    Not yet mate, its tough to finish series sometimes at the mo. I am temporary living with people (a couple) so we try and watch things, however this one is on the backburner for the time being, other things to watch or not watching much. 

I did binge a 4 episode mini series on Disney + yesterday, 30 mins episodes. 

Love on the Corona (might be called something similar) - Disney + , Ok this isn't the normal recommendation and probably not most peoples cup of tea. However i enjoyed it, not even sure if its a TV show or reality, i am guessing its scripted. As it says on the tin, it follows a few different lives during Corona, American. Wont be everyones but i enjoyed it and was a bit feel good, if anyone fancies a quick binge where you dont have to take it too serious. 
    Ah right, yeah I would see it through - not life changing but worth the investment in time. 
  • Unforgotten .. does the car smash mean the demise of Cassie and the conclusion of the series after the next and final episode ?
  • Unforgotten .. does the car smash mean the demise of Cassie and the conclusion of the series after the next and final episode ?
    What I don’t understand is that they removed the head and hands of the victim, but left the spanner tattoo with a snake around it, that would make it easy for them to ID it.
  • Yep Unforgotten is certainly a teaser. Acting is great and there were two stand out scenes. The catfight between Cassie and Liz in the interview room (an improvement on the rather uncomfortable interview the night before on LoD) and Fiona telling the kids what she got up to as a young woman and looking up at the two newly arrived coppers and saying "I suppose you have come about the body". Was a little disappointed with the Cold Feet moment at the end.
    What I don’t understand is that they removed the head and hands of the victim, but left the spanner tattoo with a snake around it, that would make it easy for them to ID it.
    It was dark and they presumably didn't know he had a tattoo?
    do we not do spoiler alerts anymore :smile:
  • Thought line of duty was awful. Theres a good article in the mail that sums up my feelings. Its become a parody of itself, weak main character, boring plot, overuse of abbreviations,  Hopefully gets better!

flight attendant is good for a bit of slapstick - killing eve style. 
  • 2121 said:
    Thought line of duty was awful. Theres a good article in the mail that sums up my feelings. Its become a parody of itself, weak main character, boring plot, overuse of abbreviations,  Hopefully gets better!

oh dear, not what i wanted to hear. I literally started Line of Duty yesterday, from series one. Although first couple of episodes were really good so i shall get through it and lots of positive reviews, most people raving about it. 

Flight attendant was shocking, i am sorry had the potential and the first episode wasn't bad but by the 3rd episode i lost interest, felt it was just someone on self sabotage and just didn't like it so i stopped. 
  • 2121 said:
    Thought line of duty was awful. Theres a good article in the mail that sums up my feelings. Its become a parody of itself, weak main character, boring plot, overuse of abbreviations,  Hopefully gets better!

I think being a parody of itself is half the fun
  • Sponsored links:

• Pico said:
    2121 said:

I think being a parody of itself is half the fun
    I think people are starting to take Line of Duty too seriously, it was never a serious show really, obviously it deals with serious topics with death and murder, but it was never dour. 

I thought it was a decent opening episode, already opened differing and conflicting motivations for different characters with no real clue as to where its going or whose going to be the wrong'un. 
  • Lol i dont take it too seriously, i think the writers took it too seriously in the first episode! And the main character was weak! Im sure it will improve, hopefully! 

Drive to survive  started again, great series and i dont even like f1
    and a spanners fan living in Hendon ? .. without the tattoo there wouldn't be a programme, but we all know how unloveable are Millwall fans ((:>)  lol  .. whatever, Unforgotten always seems to follow the same 4 ostensibly diverse suspects formula, but does it VERY well 
    and a spanners fan living in Hendon ? .. without the tattoo there wouldn't be a programme, but we all know how unloveable are Millwall fans ((:>)  lol  .. whatever, Unforgotten always seems to follow the same 4 ostensibly diverse suspects formula, but does it VERY well 
    And it's good in that it's not always as simple as "it was that one of the four" come the final denouement.
  • I thought it was a great opener for the series (and am avoiding the LoD thread for fear of spoilers and theories).

I think people’s expectations have been taken too high with these sort of things
     Said like a true Charlton Athletic fan!
  • WHAddick said:
    Any comedy recommendations? Just blasted my way through Superstore - looking for something with 20 minute episodes on netflix/prime/terrestrial
    Friday night dinner, i didn't really get into it when it was on the TV, or wasn't really drawn in. But i binged it last year and found it very easy to watch and enjoyed it. On Netflix

FND...seconded!

I've just binged al six series Loved it; Martin and Jim could be two of the great comedy characters of recent years.

So, what next? Anything else with similar humour? Thinking of Peep Show as the writer was involved.
  • WHAddick said:
    Any comedy recommendations? Just blasted my way through Superstore - looking for something with 20 minute episodes on netflix/prime/terrestrial
    Friday night dinner, i didn't really get into it when it was on the TV, or wasn't really drawn in. But i binged it last year and found it very easy to watch and enjoyed it. On Netflix

FND...seconded!

I've just binged al six series Loved it; Martin and Jim could be two of the great comedy characters of recent years.

So, what next? Anything else with similar humour? Thinking of Peep Show as the writer was involved.
    Peep Show is brilliant but quite different in my view. The writer of FND was just a producer for a series of Peep Show so not really much of a crossover. 

Similar humour to FND (good characters, a bit of farce), I'd suggest:

The IT Crowd
    Father Ted
    Black Books (all Graham Linehan)
    Fresh Meat
  • Jints said:
    WHAddick said:

FND...seconded!

Peep Show is brilliant but quite different in my view. The writer of FND was just a producer for a series of Peep Show so not really much of a crossover. 

Similar humour to FND (good characters, a bit of farce), I'd suggest:

The IT Crowd
    Father Ted
    Black Books (all Graham Linehan)
    Fresh Meat

Thanks. Seen the first three and love Graham Linehan's work; all funny with an element of surrealism. I've taken your advice and watched the first couple of episodes of Fresh Meat tonight. Not quite up to thos others but has promise! Also triead an episode of Spaced; not so sure about that.
  • Fresh Meat has at least one decent laugh per episode and was a really decent comedy 

JP, Howard and Vod are wonderful comic creations