Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Croydon said:
    40 mins into Viewpoint on ITV and the ‘unrealistic’ vibes are through the roof.

You’ve got surveillance officer that doesn’t carry a charger, then a nosy neighbour that didn’t pick up the other camera she’d already been using or think about taking pictures on her high resolution smart phone. 
    How he wasn't spotted at the building site last night is beyond me.
    I gave up after Monday mate. ITV dramas are woeful.
  • Know a few people have mentioned it on here but really enjoyed watching Bosch so far on Prime. Just started series 4. Like the fact it doesn't going into that loose cannon parody of the hard bitten detective
    We binge watched all the series on the firestick, thought it was brilliant 
  • Without too much expectation I started on Secret City on Netflix, and am really enjoying it. its an Aussie series,  investigative journalist getting into deep water in political intrigue. It brings home what its like to have China as a close neighbour, there are interesting characters, and Canberra is a city we never get to see much. 
  • Croydon said:
    40 mins into Viewpoint on ITV and the ‘unrealistic’ vibes are through the roof.

You’ve got surveillance officer that doesn’t carry a charger, then a nosy neighbour that didn’t pick up the other camera she’d already been using or think about taking pictures on her high resolution smart phone. 
    How he wasn't spotted at the building site last night is beyond me.
    I gave up after Monday mate. ITV dramas are woeful.
    Sounds like Viewpoint might bite the dust after all the allegations against Noel Clarke.
  • Carter said:
    McBobbin said:
    As usual several years behind but just finished Detectorists. What a lovely series, funny and charming and unmistakably English
    One of my favourites. So gentle. Every character is so well thought out.
    Tony Jones absolutely kills it, in fact all of the cast do they are magnificent and this sort of comedy amazes me how they can pull off the comedic effects as they must be pissing themselves half the time at the lines. 
    Whats it on guys? sorry i might have missed if its been said. Just finishing LOD so could do with a new series 
  • Carter said:
    McBobbin said:
    As usual several years behind but just finished Detectorists. What a lovely series, funny and charming and unmistakably English
    Tony Jones absolutely kills it, in fact all of the cast do they are magnificent and this sort of comedy amazes me how they can pull off the comedic effects as they must be pissing themselves half the time at the lines. 
    Whats it on guys? sorry i might have missed if its been said. Just finishing LOD so could do with a new series 
    All 3 series on iPlayer.
  • Carter said:
    McBobbin said:
    All 3 series on iPlayer.
    Thank you sir, easy access i like it! 
  • ITV have pulled tonight's final episode of Viewpoint after the allegations against Noel Clarke
  • Any news about Top Boy? I think that was due for release soon.
  • New series of Inside No.9 coming soon on BBC2.
    This is excellent news.
    Some are better than others, inevitably, but more often than not, it’s absolute quality.
    ”A Quiet Night In” is a modern classic.
  • Sponsored links:

• ITV have pulled tonight's final episode of Viewpoint after the allegations against Noel Clarke
    Barstewards. Wasn’t the greatest ‘who done it’ but been watching it all week and intrigued to see how things turned out :/
  • Is there no more innocent until proven guilty ? 
    This is excellent news.
    Some are better than others, inevitably, but more often than not, it’s absolute quality.
    12 Days of Christine too, and the one with the crosswords.

They are such clever writers.
  • Chaz Hill said:
    ITV have pulled tonight's final episode of Viewpoint after the allegations against Noel Clarke
    Barstewards. Wasn’t the greatest ‘who done it’ but been watching it all week and intrigued to see how things turned out :/
    Apparently, you can still see the last episode on ITV Hub.
  • Bilko said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    ITV have pulled tonight's final episode of Viewpoint after the allegations against Noel Clarke
    Apparently, you can still see the last episode on ITV Hub.
    Cheers. Not tonight though by the looks of it. 
  • McBobbin said:
    Absolutely superb series 
    This is excellent news.
    12 Days of Christine too, and the one with the crosswords.

They are such clever writers.
    Jesus, not gonna lie, 12 days of me and it’ll cure any insomniac 😳😳
  • Carter said:
    McBobbin said:
    Ring pull
  • Carter said:
    McBobbin said:
    Ring pull

• So many moments.even though they are ridiculous, I love "Simon and Garfunkel" who turned out to be called Peters and Lee... Little nuggets like that. So clever
  • Sponsored links:

Not when hes being accused by more than 3 dozen women 
  • edited April 2021
    Is there no more innocent until proven guilty ? 
    OK , fair enough but the point still stands. 

And the number I've seen quoted is around 20 - not that it matters if allegations are proved to be valid, of course.
    Yeah, not wanting to derail the thread (because Detectorists is so great), but "innocent until proven guilty" is a necessary legal term. The burdens of proof we use to make reasonable judgements in our lives is far lower than it is for something to be proven in law and if we find testimony to be cogent, thorough and compelling, it makes sense to believe it. 

And the number I've seen quoted is around 20 - not that it matters if allegations are proved to be valid, of course.
    I don't disagree with the general point but whether it's 20 or 40, we're not talking about 1 nutjob here. I think the fact he's come out and said he will "seek professional help" to "educate himself" but didn't realise how it would affect people is a strong admission of guilt. I'd hazard he guess he saw a lot of it as pretty playful but unfortunately not quite how the victims saw it. I think exactly what he is guilty of is questionable, but guilty nonetheless of at least making a lot of them feel extremely uncomfortable. 

Yeah, not wanting to derail the thread (because Detectorists is so great), but "innocent until proven guilty" is a necessary legal term. The burdens of proof we use to make reasonable judgements in our lives is far lower than it is for something to be proven in law and if we find testimony to be cogent, thorough and compelling, it makes sense to believe it. 
    Agreed, and I can't see what further will come out anyway. They've made the accusations and I would guess 99% of them don't have any further proof as a lot of what happened appears to have happened on sets and behind the scenes over the years. Could be wrong, but it's just whether you believe 20 people (plus a lot more who have said things have happened but don't wish to make official complaints). 

I don't disagree with the general point but whether it's 20 or 40, we're not talking about 1 nutjob here. I think the fact he's come out and said he will "seek professional help" to "educate himself" but didn't realise how it would affect people is a strong admission of guilt. I'd hazard he guess he saw a lot of it as pretty playful but unfortunately not quite how the victims saw it. I think exactly what he is guilty of is questionable, but guilty nonetheless of at least making a lot of them feel extremely uncomfortable. 

That's a very fair explanation of the likely scenario here. 
  • Any news about Top Boy? I think that was due for release soon.
    Still think it's a way off unfortunately, one of the many shows affected by Covid. Don't think it will happen until next year now. 
  • Just started season 3 of "Dark" on Netflix. German time-travel thriler. Absolute not a scooby what is going on but I'm enjoying it.
  • And Detectorists is what I watch in deep mid-winter here in Alberta, when it's sub -25°C and I want to make myself feel home sick - it's what England looks like in my memory, rather than in the travel brochures.