Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    I've just caught up with the first season of Barry. Great show that gets the black/comedy balance better than most.
  • Options
    Just binge watched Formula 1 Drive to Survive on Netflix. Excellent fly on the wall documentary of the 2018 season. Really gets behind the skin. The Red Bull/Ricciardo ongoing contract struggle and the Force India Ocon v Perez rivalry pieces are particularly riveting. 
  • Options
    MotherFatherSon is a pretty good watch...weird seeing Richard Gere on a tv prog rather than film....
  • Options
    Killing Eve series 2 started in the US yesterday.
    however, in the UK it’s likely a couple of months away as the BBC want to release the entire series at once (like they did for series 1).
    Sounds like they will wait for the 8 episodes to air over 8 weeks in America, then release here.
  • Options
    Modern Family series 10 - just as good as the previous series - my all time favourite TV comedy and Sofia Vergara is so hot.
    Billions series 4 - Best acted drama on TV.  I spent the last 7 years at the bank I worked for with the Hedge Fund Credit Team but have to admit a lot of the dealings go over my head.  Nevertheless brilliant ...
  • Options
    I agree about Modern Family and Sofia, unless my wife reads this then she’s a right minger.
  • Options
    2 new ones on terrestrial tv last night. The Widow on ITV & The Verdict. On BBC1 (which stars John Hannah). The ITV one seems remarkably simialar to the Scandinavian Flight 302 (?) which was a Walter Presents one on C4 last year.

The Verdict is only on for 4 consecutive days this week so catch it while you can

• Options
    Sofia Vergara is the hottest woman in the world apart from my missus
  • Options
    I finished watching Race Across the World and quite enjoyed it. It wasnt as extreme as id been hoping it would be, i think they relied on taxis to much. If they do another series i think they should be given less money to make it more interesting. 
    I wont spoil it for anyone that aint caught up yet but the pair that won the money were not the pair i was rooting for.
  • Options
    2 new ones on terrestrial tv last night. The Widow on ITV & The Verdict. On BBC1 (which stars John Hannah). The ITV one seems remarkably simialar to the Scandinavian Flight 302 (?) which was a Walter Presents one on C4 last year.

The Verdict is only on for 4 consecutive days this week so catch it while you can

I think you mean The Victim, not The Verdict?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think you mean The Victim, not The Verdict?
    Oops.....yes indeed.
  • Options
    I enjoyed The Widow, very good with a fast pace about it.
  • Options
    The Victim - I think Craig Myers mate (sorry cant remember his name) is the real killer.

The Widow - find the acting a bit wooden, and not really engaged with this. Will watch to the end mainly as I have episode 5 in the sweepstake as to when Kate Beckinsale's forehead will show any sign of movement.
  • Options
    I'm 6 episodes into season one of American Gods.

It looks great but i haven't a clue whats going on. I'm sticking with it because i like Ian McShane 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I'm 6 episodes into season one of American Gods.

It looks great but i haven't a clue whats going on. I'm sticking with it because i like Ian McShane 
    I watched the first series and didn’t get it at the end, watched about 20 mins of the first episode of the second and turned it off, I just couldn’t get it.
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Anyone else been watching The Bay.

Been a really good watch so far with a few twists along the way
    I couldn’t get past the ridiculous coincidental character link ups in the first episode. 

I mean....just how small is Morecambe?’
    Wise was the small one!
    Great reply. So should go down in the annuals of CL. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    The Victim - I think Craig Myers mate (sorry cant remember his name) is the real killer.

The Widow - find the acting a bit wooden, and not really engaged with this. Will watch to the end mainly as I have episode 5 in the sweepstake as to when Kate Beckinsale's forehead will show any sign of movement.
    I was thinking that too 're Myers mate.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Or it could be the boyfriend of the mother's daughter?

Plenty of blokes with floppy hair to suspect, anyway.
  • Options
    Dont forget the driver(BBC)

New sitcom set in Bognor and described as a sadcom. Toby Jones stars and as in Detectorists gives a view into the heart of Britain. Very well written and quite dark - veers between comedy and tragedy.

Jones plays a coach driver muddling through life and there is some excellent dialogue. An interesting watch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

New sitcom set in Bognor and described as a sadcom. Toby Jones stars and as in Detectorists gives a view into the heart of Britain. Very well written and quite dark - veers between comedy and tragedy.

Jones plays a coach driver muddling through life and there is some excellent dialogue. An interesting watch.
    I thought it was shockingly bad. I won't be watching again.
  • Options

At least you weren't indifferent. Curious as to what sitcoms you enjoy?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Or it could be the boyfriend of the mother's daughter?

Plenty of blokes with floppy hair to suspect, anyway.

Myers mate is gonna be Eddie J Turner I reckon and the daughters boyfriend beat the bloke up on his doorstep
  • Options
    edited April 2019

I agree it is well written and insightful and I’m a big Toby Jones fan but I didn’t enjoy episode 1. Maybe it’s one of those that you’re not supposed to enjoy and it certainly touched a few nerves. Whatever it was supposed to be I didn’t find it funny.  I’ll give the next episode a go before I decide whether to persevere. 
  • Options

At least you weren't indifferent. Curious as to what sitcoms you enjoy?
    Inbetweeners, IT Crowd, Peep Show, Father Ted.
  • Options

I agree it is well written and insightful and I’m a big Toby Jones fan but I didn’t enjoy episode 1. Maybe it’s one of those that you’re not supposed to enjoy and it certainly touched a few nerves. Whatever it was supposed to be I didn’t find it funny.  I’ll give the next episode a go before I decide whether to persevere. 
    I seem to be in a minority of one on this show who enjoyed it.
  • Options
    The Victim 4 parter on BBC ended tonight. 
    it was very good & a bit different. Enjoyed it. 
  • Options
    I've just caught up with the last episode of Derry Girls.  Glad to hear it's been commissioned for a third series..
  • Options
    The Victim 4 parter on BBC ended tonight. 
    it was very good & a bit different. Enjoyed it. 
    It was a grower over the four episodes 
  • Options
    Haven't read the whole thread so not sure if it's been mentioned but have been watching Our Planet on Netflix. First time seeing a nature program in ultra HD, it's just stunning makes such a difference. Walrus scene was quite shocking, shows just how climate change is affecting some animals.