Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Hatton Gardens on itv - worst show ever seen! 
    But still better than all 3 films they’ve done on the same subject.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Interesting subject matter but poorly executed imho.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    The programme on last night by Ross Kemp was interesting though. 
  • Options
    63up ITV Tuesday 4th June.
    Started filming kids at age 7 and was called 7up.
    Great programme if you've watched it from the start.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    But still better than all 3 films they’ve done on the same subject.

Might give it a try as need something to put me to sleep tonight. It feels like xmas eve!
  • Options
    Summer of Rockets is excellent; three episodes in.
  • Options
    vff said:
    Expanse season 3 on Amazon Prime is very good. 
    I really like the books on which it’s based so I’m hoping they’ve get up the quality in the TV series. 
  • Options
    Haven't watched Britain's Got Talent for ages so thought I'd give it a go. What a load of shite. If there's a worse programme on TV I've not seen it. Fat kid that can't dance, comedian who wasn't funny, bunch of kids who can't sing, and The Haunting, what bollocks. 
  • Options

The Virtue - Still tried again to watch yesterday or day before just too slow and really not feeling it. probably only 15 minutes in after 2 sittings lol

Chernobyl decent first episode, 2nd one lost interest

Don't know if both the above says more about me than the actual programmes.... will try and stick with both but not a good sign.

• Options
    Famalam BBC2 - blood funny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the suggestion of this thread I've got on Chernobyl, 2 episodes in and loving it so far. It's so tense! 
  • Options
    Has anybody been watching the Virtues? Ive missed both episodes so far as been busy and wondering if its worth catching up or not tonight. 
    Watched the first two episodes last night. Had me totally gripped. Stephen Graham is amazing in it. If you found it a little slow at the start then stick with it. Best thing I’ve watched this year.
    Agree, some amazing performances.  Hard to believe they were acting. Superb.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    'When they see us' just arrived on Netflix is well worth watching. True story that is quite incredible.

Linda Fairstein and the police who forced the kids into lying should be behind bars for what they did.
  • Options
    Has anybody been watching the Virtues? Ive missed both episodes so far as been busy and wondering if its worth catching up or not tonight. 
    Watched the first two episodes last night. Had me totally gripped. Stephen Graham is amazing in it. If you found it a little slow at the start then stick with it. Best thing I’ve watched this year.
    Agree, some amazing performances.  Hard to believe they were acting. Superb.
    Brilliant acting but very dark. Interesting to see how it ends.
  • Options
    rina said:
    New series of The OA out on Netflix today. I really enjoyed the first series but had no idea what was going on; really enjoyed s2e1 while still having no idea what's going on- will probably binge the whole lot this weekend
    Just watched this. Loved it - right the way up to its headf**k of an ending 
  • Options
    Virtues is a difficult watch as the actors are so bloody natural. Special mention for Stephen Graham who plays a troubled scouser here after a knock out role as a head case scouser copper in Line of Duty. In the Elton film Rocket Man he's almost unrecognisable playing pop impresario Dick James and nails a hard edge East End accent.
  • Options
    Virtues is a difficult watch as the actors are so bloody natural. Special mention for Stephen Graham who plays a troubled scouser here after a knock out role as a head case scouser copper in Line of Duty. In the Elton film Rocket Man he's almost unrecognisable playing pop impresario Dick James and nails a hard edge East End accent.
    The 5 minutes of him pissed up chatting up the sister in law and the sister telling them of was gold
  • Options
    'When they see us' just arrived on Netflix is well worth watching. True story that is quite incredible.

Linda Fairstein and the police who forced the kids into lying should be behind bars for what they did.
    Really tough watch this. Did anything happen to the police off the back of the case?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Really tough watch this. Did anything happen to the police off the back of the case?
    I've just seen there is a petition for publishers to stop stocking Fairsteins books.

Also this :

• Options
    edited June 2019
    What/If on Netflix is very weird but a good watch

Good Omens on Prime looked great in the trailer, but was very slow and i stopped watching after episode 3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The actress in Gentleman Jack, Suranne Jones, has passed me by as I didn't watch Scott and Bailey or Doctor Foster. However she is outstanding in an outstanding cast in Gentleman Jack. The series itself has a stylishness and vibrancy, pace, and good humour contrasted with some darker stuff.
    I like it immensely.
    However for those familiar with Suranne Jones is she always this good?
    She dominates and tears up the screen every moment she is on it, a bit like Jack Black did in School of Rock, totally compelling characterisation.
  • Options
    Suranne is one of my favourite actresses. You should try to watch Scott and Bailey - I think you would like it. Played a starring role alongside Ray Winstone in Vincent a CID cop series a while back.
  • Options
    The 5 minutes of him pissed up chatting up the sister in law and the sister telling them of was gold
    Plays the part brilliantly - very believable.
  • Options
    Anyone watching When they see us?

Netflix show based on a true story of a group of black teenagers forced into admitting a rape they didn't do. Just finished the first episode, very good but I found it difficult to watch as it was making me really angry that the police did what they did.
  • Options
    Just finished 'Godless' on Netflix. A moody slow burning Western. Enjoyed it.
  • Options
    What a programme. Some sad stuff in there tonight.
  • Options
    Never heard of it. So what is it? They filmed 7 yr olds in the 1960s and then followed their lives? Without giving too much away obviously, can you tell me what its like
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Never heard of it. So what is it? They filmed 7 yr olds in the 1960s and then followed their lives? Without giving too much away obviously, can you tell me what its like
    Well that's it. Interviewed a dozen kids at age 7 and then reinterviewed every 7 years. They are now 63.
    Some from the East End, some from public school. A whole range.
    I was shown the first series at school and have followed it ever since.
    Very interesting if you prefer to look at people's real lives as opposed to reality TV.