Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    63up ITV Tuesday 4th June.
    Started filming kids at age 7 and was called 7up.
    Great programme if you've watched it from the start.
    What a programme. Some sad stuff in there tonight.
    Never heard of it. So what is it? They filmed 7 yr olds in the 1960s and then followed their lives? Without giving too much away obviously, can you tell me what its like
    Well that's it. Interviewed a dozen kids at age 7 and then reinterviewed every 7 years. They are now 63.
    Some from the East End, some from public school. A whole range.
    I was shown the first series at school and have followed it ever since.
    Very interesting if you prefer to look at people's real lives as opposed to reality TV.
    Cheers. I will have a look at this online. To be honest i hardly watch ITV but it sounds interesting.
  • Options
    Just finished the first series of American Horror Story on Netflix

Usually not my thing, it’s completely off it’s head but I enjoyed it
  • Options
    where do people get the time to watch so much TV ?!?!
  • Options
    Never heard of it. So what is it? They filmed 7 yr olds in the 1960s and then followed their lives? Without giving too much away obviously, can you tell me what its like
    Well that's it. Interviewed a dozen kids at age 7 and then reinterviewed every 7 years. They are now 63.
    Very interesting if you prefer to look at people's real lives as opposed to reality TV.
    Cheers. I will have a look at this online. To be honest i hardly watch ITV but it sounds interesting.
    Bloody hell. Don't get old folks. A sobering programme.
  • Options
    Years and Years is very good while being utterly terrifying and depressing.
  • Options
    The Virtues finished last night...forgiveness or retribution? We had both. Great acting throughout.
  • Options
    second series of Killing Eve starts Saturday evening, can't wait ..
  • Options
    The Virtues finished last night...forgiveness or retribution? We had both. Great acting throughout.
    Acting was superb but a very grim story.
  • Options
    Watched it but wouldn't recommend it to anybody as a must watch. Summer of Rockets is something I would commend to people.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Black Mirror last night....slow to get going, but an interesting topic
  • Options
    I've almost finished Killer Ratings on Netflix. A doc about the host of a sensationalist TV crime show in Brazil who is accused of having criminals killed to boost his ratings. Would recommend.
  • Options
    Too much to watch at the moment. Years & Years, Black Mirror, Killing Eve, Chernobyl, 63 Up, Big Little Lies...
  • Options
    Big Little Lies S2 and Killing Eve S2 are the main things that I'm looking forward to in the short term
  • Options
    Black Mirror last night....slow to get going, but an interesting topic
    assume you mean striking vipers? definitely too slow, there wasn't enough content for over an hour, it would've made a good 40 minute episode. I'll probably watch the other 2 tonight
  • Options
    Big Little Lies S2 and Killing Eve S2 are the main things that I'm looking forward to in the short term
    Our friend directed Big Little Lies S2 so we’re really looking forward to it. 
  • Options
    Bloody hell. Don't get old folks. A sobering programme.
    Watched one the other night and 2 tonight. Thoroughly depressing!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Inspector Montelbano is back on Saturday evenings on BBC4 .. if you can stand 2 hours per episode of complicated plots and subtitles, treat yourself to this superb series set and filmed in Sicily
  • Options

I've watched the 1st 2 episodes of this, it is very scary to think of a future like that. The girl talking to her parents behind a filter freaked me out. It is quite deep some of the ideas, the disabled sister talking about how they can cure spina bifida but only the rich can afford it made me depressed.

Emma Thompson is very good in it but as I have only seen the 1st 2 I have not worked out if she some evil cow yet?

• Options
    If anything the second half of 2019 beats Chernobyl, then this will have been quite a year for television.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I've watched the 1st 2 episodes of this, it is very scary to think of a future like that. The girl talking to her parents behind a filter freaked me out. It is quite deep some of the ideas, the disabled sister talking about how they can cure spina bifida but only the rich can afford it made me depressed.

Emma Thompson is very good in it but as I have only seen the 1st 2 I have not worked out if she some evil cow yet?

Emma Thompson is virtually a parody of Farage imo. Scary that on the whole the tech shown exists. 

Binge watched Chernobyl over the last week. Agree it was excellent. And quite closely based on the truth it seems. Guess we will never know the total death toll as the effects are so long term and widely spread.

In real life a few days after the accident I was playing in a mixed football tournament at Utrecht University. One of the boys twisted his ankle in the first match and was sent to hospital for a scan. Hours later, as we were about to play the final, the hospital sent a message that his x-ray had come out all black due to radiation levels so we were all advised to make sure we had a very thorough shower when we got home.
  • Options
    Watched the Miley Cyrus episode of the new Black Mirror series last night. Thought it was absolutely dreadful. Very far from the dark and challenging episodes of previous series.
  • Options
    Years and years is really good, wont spoil it for those who havent watched it but last weeks ending really got to me, it was horrible.

Will be interesting to see how the family respond to that this week
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Watched the Miley Cyrus episode of the new Black Mirror series last night. Thought it was absolutely dreadful. Very far from the dark and challenging episodes of previous series.
    That episode was dire. So far off the quality of a couple seasons ago. Pissed myself throughout the last 20 mins at how bad it was.

Even the other two werent on the same level as a few seasons back. Disappointed. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    That episode was dire. So far off the quality of a couple seasons ago. Pissed myself throughout the last 20 mins at how bad it was.

Even the other two werent on the same level as a few seasons back. Disappointed. 
    it felt like they'd misunderstood the brief and mistakenly made a sci-fi teen drama. the series as a whole was disappointing, nowhere near the great episodes of the past
  • Options
    Good Omens on Prime looked great in the trailer, but was very slow and i stopped watching after episode 3
    Cheers mate, was just coming on here to see what others thought of this

As you say the trailer looks great but have seen plenty of film trailers that are better than the actual film so wonder if others think the same?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Good Omens was okay, episode 3 was definitely the weakest, mostly full of unnecessary flashbacks to show what good friends Doctor Who and Brian Clough had become over the years...
  • Options
    Years and years is really good, wont spoil it for those who havent watched it but last weeks ending really got to me, it was horrible.

Will be interesting to see how the family respond to that this week

I have caught up now. I see what you mean
  • Options
    Good Omens on Amazon well worth a watch
  • Options
    To be honest I watched years and years for 3 episodes last night and gave up. I was waiting for it to get good. 

Noel from hearsay was involved in a funny joke but I was getting very bored. Is it worth sticking with?