Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    For those slating poor old Baptiste, don't forget he had a brain tumour and he gets a little muddled at times.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Cheat - started last night and on for the next 3 nights.

My initial guess is that it is the teacher who is on the 'prison side' of the visiting room when having the conversations with the student.

Furthermore, I think both the teacher and student colluded together to kill the teachers husband.
    I started watching this yesterday 1 episode in *no spoliers* 

I will persist with it, not really going to guess the ending  myself will just see how it pans out 
  • Options
    Can’t find the separate thread on my mobile so will just say here that I thought the third episode of the new Partridge was utter guff. And I say that as a huge partridge fan. 
    Thought it was okay.
  • Options
    I think the new Partridge is getting better week on week. 

They should drop the bits where they just crowbar Lynn into the mix though
  • Options
    Anyone stick with Tin star? We have one more ep to go. Enjoying it in a ‘they’re all getting on my nerves but need to know how it ends’ kinda way. Too many guns. 
  • Options
    Anyone stick with Tin star? We have one more ep to go. Enjoying it in a ‘they’re all getting on my nerves but need to know how it ends’ kinda way. Too many guns. 
    Nope - I binned it off after about 3 episodes I think
  • Options
    Nope. Stuck it to the end of the first series just to see what happened but gave up half way through the first episode of season 2 as it was utterly bonkers and I had no empathy for any of the characters. 
  • Options
    We cancelled box sets and can’t now download the final episode. Whaaaaahhhhh 
  • Options
    Shetland is brewing nicely but a dreadful bit of continuity in this week’s episode where a car chase in pouring rain sees a car go off the road and by the time the cops get to the car (approximately ten seconds) it is glorious sunshine with not a cloud in the sky. 
  • Options
    Knightfall is a history channel show about the Knights Templar. Historical accuracy has been put to the sword and it is a sub par budget Game of Thrones but it's entertaining enough with a decent cast. On Netflix.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    rina said:
    just seen the first episode of the new Das Boot. glad they're not just remaking the old series. seems good so far. 
    could you give an opinion after a few episodes please? I'd like to watch this but I'm worried about it ruining the movie for me as it's firmly in my top 10 all-time
    will do. probably catch another episode tomorrow. have to say it would be pretty difficult to be as good as the original series/film as that was superb. it certainly doesn't have the same claustrophobic and harrowing feel to it.  
    Thats why i think it's a good idea to base it a year after those events, to keep the production German (though Sky have produced it) and to have two major plots. (slight spoiler though you find this out in the first episode) one part of the plot is about a new sub crew and the other plot line is about the French resistance.

problem so far is that the characters are a bit wooden. still i'll keep with it and say what i think of it at a later date. 

sorry for the lateness but Das Boot for me its well worth watching @rina as its enough of a difference from the original as not to spoil your memory of the film.

obviously there are similarities and references, plus they use a bit of the soundtrack but its got its own story which means it has enough in it to accept this as a stand alone series. 
    they did the right thing to keep away from just doing a re make.
    overall pretty good and I'm glad I kept with it.
  • Options
    rina said:
    just seen the first episode of the new Das Boot. glad they're not just remaking the old series. seems good so far. 
    could you give an opinion after a few episodes please? I'd like to watch this but I'm worried about it ruining the movie for me as it's firmly in my top 10 all-time
    will do. probably catch another episode tomorrow. have to say it would be pretty difficult to be as good as the original series/film as that was superb. it certainly doesn't have the same claustrophobic and harrowing feel to it.  
    Thats why i think it's a good idea to base it a year after those events, to keep the production German (though Sky have produced it) and to have two major plots. (slight spoiler though you find this out in the first episode) one part of the plot is about a new sub crew and the other plot line is about the French resistance.

problem so far is that the characters are a bit wooden. still i'll keep with it and say what i think of it at a later date. 

sorry for the lateness but Das Boot for me its well worth watching @rina as its enough of a difference from the original as not to spoil your memory of the film.

obviously there are similarities and references, plus they use a bit of the soundtrack but its got its own story which means it has enough in it to accept this as a stand alone series. 
    they did the right thing to keep away from just doing a re make.
    overall pretty good and I'm glad I kept with it.
    awesome. thanks for that, I'll give it a shot
  • Options
    Watched all of afterlife last night and was as great as expected
    Moving, funny amd sad all at the same time
    Agreed Mate i watched all in one sitting Sunday eve really enjoyed it found it funny and surprisingly quite feel good considering what the whole thing is around 
    Watched the first part last night - found it very funny considering the subject matter.

It must have been hard for Ashley Jensen to act in this given the recent suicide of her husband. 
  • Options
    Baptiste was decent again last night. Ive quite enjoyed it as a series.
  • Options
    Baptiste was decent again last night. Ive quite enjoyed it as a series.

Yes, me too.

A twist had to be coming, and low and behold it did right at the end of the episode.

• Options
    Enjoying Tom Hollander in Baptiste. What a survivor.
  • Options
    Line of Duty series 5
    Sunday 31st March
  • Options
    Watched the first episode of Derry Girls season 2.  Wonderful, even though there were big bits of dialogue I couldn't understand!
  • Options
    Line of Duty series 5
    Sunday 31st March
    Ive just started watching Line of Duty. 4 episodes into the first series and I'm hooked.
  • Options
    Line of Duty series 5
    Sunday 31st March
    Ive just started watching Line of Duty. 4 episodes into the first series and I'm hooked.
    It’s sooo good. Definitely worth watching from the beginning too. Lots of series 1-3 stuff in 4. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Line of Duty series 5
    Sunday 31st March
    It’s sooo good. Definitely worth watching from the beginning too. Lots of series 1-3 stuff in 4. 

Not to mention the excellent Vicky McClure.
  • Options
    Anyone been watching Traitors on channel4 Sunday nights 9.00 pm? Post war spy drama, worth a watch.
  • Options
    Watched the first episode of Derry Girls season 2.  Wonderful, even though there were big bits of dialogue I couldn't understand!
    When James was speaking?
  • Options
    Missed the second episode but last night's was brilliant.

The head nun is great 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I find Derry Girls grating . I gave up after two episodes. The lead girl is so annoying.
  • Options
    Line of Duty series 5
    Sunday 31st March
    Just rewatched all 4 series.
    Absolutely brilliant. 
  • Options
    New series of The OA out on Netflix today. I really enjoyed the first series but had no idea what was going on; really enjoyed s2e1 while still having no idea what's going on- will probably binge the whole lot this weekend
  • Options
    4 episodes into Peaky Blinders. 

Quite enjoying it. 
  • Options
    Very late to the party, but I think Fleabag is stunning. Series One I found shocking in places, but funny and insightful.

Series Two is on a different level. Powerful. Moving. Bloody hell.

Haven’t seen the most recent episode yet.
    having a heavy cold, and being stuck indoors, I suspect I’ll watch it today. 
  • Options
    Not sure what i made of the Baptiste finale. Found it predictable when the rest of the series has been anything but.