Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Very late to the party, but I think Fleabag is stunning. Series One I found shocking in places, but funny and insightful.

Series Two is on a different level. Powerful. Moving. Bloody hell.

Haven’t seen the most recent episode yet.
    having a heavy cold, and being stuck indoors, I suspect I’ll watch it today. 
    I enjoyed Season 1, but Season 2 has been way better. The first episode and third episode were totally cracking me up. Season 1 looking back was a bit rough around the edges (I've been re-watching as I've found S2 so funny) but still great. 
  • Options
    Not sure what i made of the Baptiste finale. Found it predictable when the rest of the series has been anything but. 
    Turgid and boringly predictable.
    The series should have finished after 3 or 4 episodes.
  • Options
    My box gave up recording Baptiste for some reason...anyone know how many episodes there was, I can only have watched 2 or 3 so need to see if the rest are on iPlayer?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    My box gave up recording Baptiste for some reason...anyone know how many episodes there was, I can only have watched 2 or 3 so need to see if the rest are on iPlayer?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    it's 6
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    4 episodes into Peaky Blinders. 

Quite enjoying it. 
    My opinion, obviously, but I thought it went downhill very fast after the first series.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Fumbluff said:
    it's 6
    Shot. Was it? I must have missed a couple as well!!
  • Options
    Gave up on father mother son after 2 episodes. Really enjoying Race Across the world. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    4 episodes into Peaky Blinders. 

Quite enjoying it. 
    My opinion, obviously, but I thought it went downhill very fast after the first series.
    Would second this. First season was great. Rest get progressively worse. I always struggle to understand the huge hype around this show.
  • Options
    Gave up on father mother son after 2 episodes. Really enjoying Race Across the world. 
    100% with you on these.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last nights Fleabag. My god. I don’t want each episode to end let alone the series. I’m going to go back and watch from the start. Amazing.
  • Options
    Last nights Fleabag. My god. I don’t want each episode to end let alone the series. I’m going to go back and watch from the start. Amazing.
    Gave Fleabag a go - really dislike the central character so found it pretty unwatchable.
  • Options
    2nd part of The Bay is on tonight. It’s got potential.
  • Options
    Gave Fleabag a go - really dislike the central character so found it pretty unwatchable.
    The trailers were too off putting for me.
  • Options
    Fleabag is like Marmite. I love it. My wife doesn’t.

MotherFatherSon is still unsure about so will stick with it.
  • Options
    Tbf, she was a bit obnoxious at times in the first season. Still found it funny though!
  • Options
    Fleabag is extremely impressive.
    Irish actor Andrew Scott is fantastic in it.
  • Options
    We thought we'd give Fleabag another go so we watched the first two episodes of series 1 again.  A couple of small titters from me, absolute silence from Ms AA until the end of episode 2 when she asked if we had to watch any more.

Whilst I can see it's very clever, it just isn't funny - to us, anyway - and in some places it's just stupid.  £12.50 for a sandwich and "Sorry, I've got no change" when he hands over a twenty.  What?  That's not funny in any way whatsoever.
  • Options
    The excellent Follow the Money is back for a second series tonight on bbc4.
  • Options
    I've discovered that Star Trek Discovery has morphed into boring dross.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The excellent Follow the Money is back for a second series tonight on bbc4.
    Good call, thanks, had not noticed that. 
  • Options
    New (and final) series of Veep on Sky Atlantic - and still very good.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I’m really glad I came across Fleabag by chance, very good and great characters all round.

its a shame about Baptiste, so formulaic that I didn’t enjoy it!
  • Options
    Anyone else been watching The Bay.

Been a really good watch so far with a few twists along the way
  • Options
    Anyone else been watching The Bay.

Been a really good watch so far with a few twists along the way
    I couldn’t get past the ridiculous coincidental character link ups in the first episode. 

I mean....just how small is Morecambe?’
  • Options
    New (and final) series of Veep on Sky Atlantic - and still very good.
    Thanks, wasn’t aware of that. Love Veep.
  • Options
    We thought we'd give Fleabag another go so we watched the first two episodes of series 1 again.  A couple of small titters from me, absolute silence from Ms AA until the end of episode 2 when she asked if we had to watch any more.

Whilst I can see it's very clever, it just isn't funny - to us, anyway - and in some places it's just stupid.  £12.50 for a sandwich and "Sorry, I've got no change" when he hands over a twenty.  What?  That's not funny in any way whatsoever.

As others have said fleabag is a bit marmite. I think it's awful yet others I know love it.

• Options

As others have said fleabag is a bit marmite. I think it's awful yet others I know love it.

If you don't like the characters or setting within a comedy it's hard to like it. I can appreciate Fleabag is clever but find it unwatchable.
  • Options
    Fleabag is marmite for sure. I think it is excellent personally, though not flawless.
  • Options
    After Life is a masterpiece