Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday December 1st.....The Spanners Away!

edited June 2012 in General Charlton
Well folks...I don't know about the rest of you but I certainly would like to know if we are to be 'locked up' for an hour (ostensibly for our own protection!) again after the game?
If so....I wont be going......got bloody cold last time and this time it's in December and logicly will be even colder.....so no thank you!
Quite apart from the indignity of it all, we were given no prior notice and no explaination (at the time that is) either.
I realise this most likely has nothing to do with The Spanners as such and was a decision taken by the police.......however I think we need to be told what is going to happen or at least likely to happen.
Needs looking into and assurances (one way or the other) given well before the tickets go on sale.
I remember talking to quite a few of ours on the day behind the stand who said they'd never go there again after the lock in....well as I've said, if I'm going to have to suffer the indignity and possible cold just standing around for an hour, I certainly wont be buying a ticket.
I wonder will the club (on our behalf) ask for some reassurances...from The Spanners and or the police?

Comments

• Options
    It can't be as bad as last time surely SURELY.
  • Options
    I think if you go to this game you have to go knowing is is likely you will get kept in. This time though we will have 3 points and be enjoying it.
  • Options
    I'll be there regardless.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    It can't be as bad as last time surely SURELY.
    Well, if you know in advance, I suppose you can take an f'ing picnic with you and make a day of it!!
    You never know, someone might like to smuggle in a barbi!

• Options
    Was ridiculous last time, had the flu, the constant drone of their fans after each goal went in and the humiliation of standing outside for an hour whilst they all went home made me vow never to return. But I will be there on the 1st.
  • Options
    I'll be there regardless.
    same, wouldnt miss this
  • Options
    yep, I'll be there
  • Options
    Will Stuwall be there?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Can well understand you young fellas going regardless, great to hear of course....but for some of us old 'uns it's no fun standing around for an hour in the cold plus the indignity of being locked up against your will for an hour.....................win, lose or draw!
  • Options
    I don't care about being locked in for an hour as long has we've beaten the spanners. As for being cold; Morts in the snow.....was it cold that night? And as for our barmy weather its likely to be a heatwave in December!

Get down to the toolbox, you know it makes sense!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It would be a police decision wheather to keep away fans behind after the game, I would have to say I think they will. To be honest I would rather be kept behind for an hour then going out straight after the final whistle in to a war zone. Simple answer to your question is don't buy a ticket and don't go mate. High profile games are always the same, Liverpool vs Man utd, Milwall vs West ham you have to give the police some sort of chance to control it.
  • Options
    I'm there regardless, if there's a chance of beating them in their backyard after the last encounter then I'll be happy to be kept behind for the evening.
  • Options
  • Options
    No comment...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    One of the main issues last time was not so much being locked in after the final whistle, it was more not being allowed to leave when there was more than 15 minutes of the match still to go!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    No comment...
    Why's that WSS....strange that you'd say no comment...it's as if you were trying to make one simply by saying it.

• Options
    Missed the 4 - 0 drubbing through working but wont miss this one. Would take a point now.
  • Options
    Wasn't there last time , was there any option of staying side the stadium and just sitting in your seat for an hour before leaving?
  • Options
    No comment...
    Why's that WSS....strange that you'd say no comment...it's as if you were trying to make one simply by saying it.

Because wss wasn't locked in for an hour !

He's taking a pole.vault this year to make sure.

• Options
    If they open the bars under the stand so we can have a drink for an hour I don't mind.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn't there last time , was there any option of staying side the stadium and just sitting in your seat for an hour before leaving?
    Yes...but it wasn't much of an option really it was cold and depressing wherever you ended up.
    Think a few might have gone back into the stand but the vast majority were just milling around aimlessly at the rear of the stand with a few trying to encourage the stewards to open the gates.....to no avail of course.

• Options
    No comment...

Ah ha...the jammy sod!

• Options
    To be fair Millwall fans probably have to put up with this every single time they go an away game.
    If you want to be there enough i'm sure you can deal with standing around for a while.
  • Options
    Funnily enough was just watching a vid of it all on YouTube after this thread popped up and thought i saw a certain wss putting in some serious climbing skills.
  • Options
    If they open the bars under the stand so we can have a drink for an hour I don't mind.

More chance of swimming across The English Channel in a crombie overcoat!

• Options
    Yes Im with you Soundas on this one. Really do not fancy that again, didnt enjoy it all. Enjoyed the pre match pub tho. Think ill leave Ian to go on his own to this one, he might enjoy it more.
  • Options
    Funnily enough was just watching a vid of it all on YouTube after this thread popped up and thought i saw a certain wss putting in some serious climbing skills.
    Put it on the thread then!
  • Options
    No comment...

I do seem to recall seeing him climbing over the fence with a copper making a poor attempt to grab his leg.
  • Options

More chance of swimming across The English Channel in a crombie overcoat!

I wish I had tried that last time instead of going to the poxy game !!! It would have been far more enjoyable !!
  • Options
    would not miss it for anything early beer in greewich with fat toad mick ( eltham mucker)