Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ultras

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
I can't say I've ever been aware of one, but I was wondering if there was any sort of small "Ultra" group associated with Charlton fans? It seems to be a growing trend in the UK, the "Holmesdale Fanatics" at Palace spring to mind. Will probably get shot down for this but I think it's pretty cool especially as it seems totally removed from hooliganism, firms, violence etc and seems more anti-commercialization of football which is something I'm sure most of us would support. The covered end are vocal and loud for sure, but I think more colour through flags, banners etc can only be a good thing as far as atmosphere goes no matter how naff you think it is....

Comments

• Options
    No chance of anyone duplicating your name.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    No, No, Please No.
  • Options
    you wont be able to see the game with flags and banners in the way.
  • Options
    No, just because Palarse have some.
  • Options
    There is a poster on here called joe.ldn.wpack who is in charge of it all.
  • Options
    i am the ringleader for sure.
  • Options
    No, No, Please No.
    ... and again no
  • Options
    If you think it's a good idea then go for it. Start a Charlton Ultras group yourself.

Not my thing but then I'm not really in the right age group. There are the big flags to get you started.

Go for it but you'll have to start it and you'll have to be prepared for some negative responses from some.

Good luck.

• Options
    why not mate go fot it!
  • Options
    BDL could straddle the fence at the front of the North Stand....his back to the play.....Megaphone in one hand...Ipad in the other!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With rules down the valley you will be lucky to get in with a Charlton tea towel !! Italian & Spainish with flares and smoke and can go with. Us with a tea towel and a balloon don't bother .

Room 101 with this idea.
  • Options
    Im out
  • Options
    In my opinion the Palace Ultras are one of the most cringeworthy things I have ever seen
  • Options
    The Palace Ultras are embarrassing enough, so for us to copy our rivals would be ridiculous.
  • Options
    ...I'd be like them stealing our idea for Valley Express
  • Options
    2012 contender for troll of the year. Laughable thread
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I can't say I've ever been aware of one, but I was wondering if there was any sort of small "Ultra" group associated with Charlton fans? It seems to be a growing trend in the UK, the "Holmesdale Fanatics" at Palace spring to mind. Will probably get shot down for this but I think it's pretty cool especially as it seems totally removed from hooliganism, firms, violence etc and seems more anti-commercialization of football which is something I'm sure most of us would support. The covered end are vocal and loud for sure, but I think more colour through flags, banners etc can only be a good thing as far as atmosphere goes no matter how naff you think it is....
    I think of all the thousands of people i've ever had communication with in all my years we have the least in common.

I bid you good day.

EDIT. Having read your previous posts perhaps you arent a WUM and so to answer your question again more politely, no I can't think of anything worse than manufactured atmosphere and the whole phoney English scene. Works abroad as its authentic but we may as well all go the whole hog and dress up as Benny and Bjorn and and join in with the Opera singer on the pitch if we go down that route.

Im oot.

• Options
    yo! everyone calm down! i never once said i wanted to be an ultra jeez. personally i do think it is kinda cool, watching the napoli game right now and it looks mental,(although it is a euro thing for sure) but as someone who sits fairly quietly in the north lower, that doesn't mean i wanna start doing it!!

i was asking if there were people at charlton ever doing a similar thing, and what people thought about the whole trend right now. i guess people think it's lame.
  • Options
    what part of america do you wish you were from?
  • Options
    yo! everyone calm down! i never once said i wanted to be an ultra jeez. personally i do think it is kinda cool, watching the napoli game right now and it looks mental,(although it is a euro thing for sure) but as someone who sits fairly quietly in the north lower, that doesn't mean i wanna start doing it!!

i was asking if there were people at charlton ever doing a similar thing, and what people thought about the whole trend right now. i guess people think it's lame.
    Napoli doing it = authentic, traditional & cool

Palarse doing it = embarrassing, pathetic & lame

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beat me to it. FFS we get enough stick with the train spotting bit.
  • Options
    new york would be nice. beaches in san diego supposed to be great too....
  • Options
    No, No, Please No.
    So, is that a yes or a no? Don't sit on the fence.
  • Options
    what is an ULTRA ? if it means people who have watched the team decade after decade, been smashed up, locked up, banged up,pissed up, and have payed up time after time then we already have lots and lots if it means someone who dresses up like a Palarse twonk do f**k off thanks very.
  • Options
    I know a fella that's into his Charlton flags, I think I might have his email address here somewhere. Think he gets it from his old man.
  • Options
    yeah why do we get called trainspotters?
  • Options
    yeah why do we get called trainspotters?
    its cos of our scottish connection.
  • Options
    Anyway we have our own Ultra (if he still goes that is)...Mark's his name, was very short sighted when I knew him think he's probably fully blind these days - used to be known as Scarfman by the CIFC lot - used to wear the full kit to games & sat somewhere near the away team dugout. Hell of a nice guy, passionate about his football.

He is more Ultra than all the Palace saps put together!!!
  • Options
    When you say Ultra, Do you mean driving around The Valley on scooters stabbing oppo fans in the arse or discover acne while running around the streets of Croydon waving flags singing songs from Sister Act ?
  • Options
    When you say Ultra, Do you mean driving around The Valley on scooters stabbing oppo fans in the arse or discover acne while running around the streets of Croydon waving flags singing songs from Sister Act ?
    Now thats funny...