Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV and Movies You Remember From Childhood

Hi.

I'm probably showing my age here but thought I'd start this thread and ask what TV progs and Movies
you remember when you were just a child...... I was recently surfing thru youtube and saw a cartoon
which really took me back....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z45ZkISJXU4

What about you ?
Rob
TotalAddicktion

Comments

• Options
    Here's another ..... FIREBALL XL5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ifS2nP53Zs

If I remember correctly this was before Thunderbirds was made....
  • Options
    the 'champions league' of it's a knockout, where GBR seemed to be represented every year by east kilbride.

and an american fire service programme called squad 51.
  • Options
    My favourite was Marine Boy........, with his oxygum he could breathe underwater
  • Options
    My favourite was Marine Boy........, with his oxygum he could breathe underwater
    Not one that I remember, but is this it ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HqSkY4vtVY
  • Options
    the 'champions league' of it's a knockout, where GBR seemed to be represented every year by east kilbride
    Ohh yehh... I'd forgotten all abt this.......was really funny at the time......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8elmVtJ6Jck
  • Options
    It's a Knockout was hilarious as a kid.

The Man from Atlantis (with Dynasty's Patrick Duffy) immediately sprung to mind when I read this thread. Would be utter cheese now, probably was then, but to a six year old, a man from a lost world with webbed hands and feet, ability to breath under water and with super human strength was pretty cool. Can't remember it lasting long though.
  • Options
    In the grand scheme of things, TA, it was Fireball XL5, then Stingray, then Thunderbirds, then Captain Scarlet.

I was a bit young to remember first time around, but wasn't The Saint great?! Shot on a shoestring and almost entirely in a studio, yet with stock footage they made out he travelled the world.
  • Options
    The Man from Atlantis (with Dynasty's Patrick Duffy)
    Yet another I'd forgotten..... yep, would be a stinker today...

Thx
    R
  • Options
    No idea what it was but I'm sure I remember some programme with Bob Hoskins in it. Was a kind of adult education show I think!?
  • Options
    it was Fireball XL5, then Stingray, then Thunderbirds, then Captain Scarlet.
    Thx for that SL ..... Stingray was great eh?

I think they are still showing episodes of the Saint on TV... sure I've seen that somehwere ??
    yep....that would be rather dated now as well....

R
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes - I was out of work for a while and it coincided with ITV4 showing an episode of The Saint daily - I guess it's always on somewhere.
  • Options
    Hi SA
    No idea what it was but I'm sure I remember some programme with Bob Hoskins in it. Was a kind of adult education show I think!?
    Not sure what that one was? Phaps someone else will know........??

Whenever I hear the name 'Bob Hoskins' The Long Good Friday' comes to mind......

R
  • Options
    Oh My... I've just remembered '' BATMAN ''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLZQ3OLEJWE

• Options
    HR Puff n Stuff....
    Wow...another lost gem
  • Options

Was it "On the Move", an adult literacy thing?
  • Options
    Yes IH! Good work - On The Move.

I was just about to look on T'internet
  • Options
    How about 'The Addams Family' ....remember that ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfKvJq-bAzQ
  • Options
    Thunderbirds & UFO were my favourites. Just finished catching up with all of them on DVD.

The Banana Bunch was another

Luckily I was just about the right age to appreciate Pan's People on Top of the Pops, but that's worth another thread on its own.....
  • Options
    Me and a mate discovered the other day that we still knew the words to the Supergran theme song
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    adsads
    edited January 2012
    Saphire & Steel
    Choky
    Monkey
    Mork and Mindy
    Jamie and his Magic Torch
    Me & You
    Crown Court
  • Options
    There used to be a video shop near me and every so often I my dad would take me to rent SUPERTED
  • Options
    Thunderbirds & UFO were my favourites. Just finished catching up with all of them on DVD.
    aaaarrhh UFO another of my favs too...
  • Options
    There used to be a video shop near me and every so often I my dad would take me to rent SUPERTED
    Now you've made me feel very old cos we got that for our son... he's now 27
  • Options
    Now you've made me feel very old cos we got that for our son... he's now 27
    Got it for him when he was younger of course........26
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I'm really showing my age here those Gerry Anderson puppets were great, the first one was four feather falls then supercar, fireball XL5 thunderbirds etc.

what ever happend to Pussy cat willam, ollie beak , Muriel Young and of couse Wally whiteon who was controlling the puppets whilst laying on the floor under her knees. No wonder she always had a smile on her face
  • Options
    Blimey........Muriel Young......what a woman eh?

• Options
    Joe 90 and the terrahawks
  • Options
    Saphire & Steel
    Choky
    Monkey
    Mork and Mindy
    Jamie and his Magic Torch
    Me & You
    Crown Court
    Joe 90 and the terrahawks
    A few there I don't remember but Joe 90 and Mork and Mindy for sure......

Thx
    R
  • Options
    First films I remember was being taken by my mum to
    Reach For the Sky - at the Gaumont in Bromley - it was just up from Bromley South Station on the other side of the road
    High Society - at the Pullman in Lee Green which was just passed the traffic lights in the left on the road to Lewisham, think it has been a garage for many a long year.