Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The boys of winter return - NHL is back

Comments

• Options
    Islanders have had another average start. But, still above the Rangers
  • Options

The Playoffs started again last night...

Winnipeg beat Minnesota 3-2
    Vegas beat LA 1-0
    and
    Pittsburgh beat Philly 7-0

My Leafs face off against those pesky Bruins tonight which I'm sure will be another good series.

If Tampa get past New Jersey (@carlsberg has reliably informed me the Devils had the upper hand in the regular season sweeping the Lightening) I fancy them to win the whole thing this year, beating the Preds from the West.

Anyone else tuning in? Who do you think will be celebrating play off victory?

Leafs have made a good start (was going to call you 'mate', but I don't know you and was worried about getting banned! - see 'Things you'd ban if you could' thread!). Even the Sabres are winning!!
    Yeah, we have. Mini wobble the last two but back to winning ways last night against Winnipeg. good to see Kadri finally score and Tavares back on the score sheet. 7-3 after 10 games I'll take all day long.

We'll have a good year and then lose to the Bruins in Round 1 again. As is tradition.
  • Options
    Laffs look good... But its early. Matthews is playing like an absolute stud and Tavares looks like the pressure of playing in Toronto won't do horrible things to him. Still like to see what happens when they hit a skid - they've had an uncanny ability to completely tank it in the past when things get tough.

Pens look OK as well, but Crosby's production looks like it's tailing off, leaving Geno to carry most of the load scoring wise. Can't see a deep cup run this year, and it'll be rebuild time next year
  • Options
    Sid's OT winner the other night though!!!
  • Options
    Still got it... Just not every night :wink:
  • Options
    On my way home after watching the Bruins beat the Flyers. Hard to tell how good they are with half a defense. Need more secondary scoring though. You can’t have the top line do it all.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Just watched last night's Jets v Lightning highlights. It was like a play-off game! Fancy both of these to go far, perhaps even to meet each other in the Stanley Cup Final. Although Flames may well have a big say in that.

Good to see Sabres finally making all those years of having first pick in the drafts pay off.
  • Options

Just watched last night's Jets v Lightning highlights. It was like a play-off game! Fancy both of these to go far, perhaps even to meet each other in the Stanley Cup Final. Although Flames may well have a big say in that.

Good to see Sabres finally making all those years of having first pick in the drafts pay off.

I went to the Flames game against Tampa on Thursday, best game of hockey I've seen live, both teams have speed and goalscoring to burn. Flames tied it up late in the third period to make it 4-4, overtime saw us hit the post twice. The shootout went to 7 rounds, both clubs look to be real candidates for the cup.
  • Options
    Urgh. Bruins  🤮
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Urgh. Bruins  🤮
    The original black and gold :wink:
  • Options
    Urgh. Bruins  🤮
    The original black and gold :wink:
    Arlt least it ain't the Failures... 
  • Options
    Currently in Boston and I’ve just got back from the Bruins vs New York Rangers game. Was a great game and the Bruins played some brilliant stuff in a 6-3 win. Seen them live twice now and both have been good wins. Couple fights to go with it and a good atmosphere Left me feeling pumped. Gives me the feeling I used to get at football.

If you’d turned the camera a bit more to the left you could have got me in the picture   Third row balcony, right behind the goal. 

Wasnt a a bad game. The B’s power play was buzzing. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Currently in Boston and I’ve just got back from the Bruins vs New York Rangers game. Was a great game and the Bruins played some brilliant stuff in a 6-3 win. Seen them live twice now and both have been good wins. Couple fights to go with it and a good atmosphere Left me feeling pumped. Gives me the feeling I used to get at football.

If you’d turned the camera a bit more to the left you could have got me in the picture   Third row balcony, right behind the goal. 

Wasnt a a bad game. The B’s power play was buzzing. 
    Decent seats where you are, I sat there last year when we beat Tampa 4-2. 

Yeah power play was great along with a healthy helping of Pasta being served up. 

Really want to go to Saturdays game but tickets are ridiculous money so that’ll probably be it for this trip. 
  • Options
    For the few NHL fans on here, just wondered what you thoughts are for the playoffs?

Can Tampa keep the ridiculously strong run going (shortest odds favourites I've ever seen for the Stanley Cup), and will the Leafs finally defeat the Bruins in a post-season series? Outside bet? I'd go for Winnipeg or St Louis. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Lightning are the best team I've ever seen. Better than the Oilers in the 80s. Better than the Redwings in the 2000s

Playoffs are a different matter obviously, but they're not going to tank. The Bruins look good, but not as good as Tampa. Nobody else can match the consistency. Pens should get past the Islanders, but that'll be as far as they go. 
  • Options
    Lightning are the best team I've ever seen. Better than the Oilers in the 80s. Better than the Redwings in the 2000s

Playoffs are a different matter obviously, but they're not going to tank. The Bruins look good, but not as good as Tampa. Nobody else can match the consistency. Pens should get past the Islanders, but that'll be as far as they go. 
    No hope for any of the Canadian teams Leroy? 
  • Options
    Potentially. The Jets are very exciting to watch, but leaky, and streaky. If they get on a roll they could be dangerous, but I think its a couple of years too early for them.

The Laffs have a chance. Babcock knows how to win a cup, and I think they're going to be immense in the next few years. Good drafting, savvy trades and a front office who (finally) realise the value in getting a coach in and letting him ignore the Toronto media (worst sports media in the world outside New York) while he builds a team means they're stacked with talent and have players who don't feel the weight of the world on their shoulders, like Kessel did. Still think it's a year too early for then too.

Flames aren't good enough IMO, and will go out in R1
  • Options
    Tampa are ridiculous, but I can’t see them winning it. The Caps won it as soon as everyone wrote them off, the same will probably happen to Tampa. 

I just want want to see the Leafs beat the Bruins. I’m going Leafs in 6 but I’m an optimist. 

As Leroy says, the Jets are probably the pick of the Canadian teams other than us. The West is a lot weaker now too, so they could go far.

I fancy the Preds to go far too, they probably have the best defence in the league.
  • Options
    B’s In 6 against the leafs.

Tampa in 5 against the B’s.

Cant see Tampa getting past the Capitals over 7 games and have done my bracket to have a Flames vs Capitals final with the capitals winning it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's Tampa Bay's to lose - they have been dominant all season, never let up even in the run in.  Strength in depth in all areas.  Unfortunately I can't see beyond them - never liked the idea of hockey in Florida.

Unfortunately I can't see the Leafs getting by the Bruins as I would love to see Chara/Marchand etc start their post season in 2 weeks time.  Leafs have been poor in the run in, no momentum.  Sadly, the drought is set to continue for them.  

Think the west will be more open/interesting.  I fancy the Flames to progress.  That said, I saw the Jets earlier in season in Toronto - they looked good. Preds have some big game players also. 

Can't wait!   
  • Options
    How do you guys watch it in the UK? 
  • Options
    I'm currently in the Middle-East mate and I watch it through the NHL app. No blackouts over here because (you'll be amazed to hear!) ice hockey isn't big in in the Middle-East and there's no tv coverage.

I've been watching just highlights all season but will pay a one off $18.99 through NHL.TV for all play off games. Only problem here is the time difference! Got some very late nights and early mornings coming up! 
  • Options
    NHL Player app
  • Options
    I'm currently in the Middle-East mate and I watch it through the NHL app. No blackouts over here because (you'll be amazed to hear!) ice hockey isn't big in in the Middle-East and there's no tv coverage.

I've been watching just highlights all season but will pay a one off $18.99 through NHL.TV for all play off games. Only problem here is the time difference! Got some very late nights and early mornings coming up! 
    Nice one, cheers. Can’t imagine why it’s not popular over there haha! 
  • Options

Nice one, cheers. Can’t imagine why it’s not popular over there haha! 

• Options
    NHL.TV and there is a NHL Network on cable - we get a mix of US and Canadian cable TV.  Hockey Night in Canada is live every Saturday on  Canadian TV.  Games also on other cable stations.  Bermuda is +1hr on East Coast so the times are great for home games of Eastern Conference sides.  Not so much Western Conference - California is 4hrs back from us.  Try to see the Leafs once a season whilst visiting Toronto.  
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Wow. Columbus beat Tampa 4-3 after being 3-0 down in game 1.

Can’t sleep so watching Jets vs Blues on freesport (sky 422)
  • Options
    Floored that there are NHL fans here. Cool!
  • Options
    Wow. Columbus beat Tampa 4-3 after being 3-0 down in game 1.

Can’t sleep so watching Jets vs Blues on freesport (sky 422)
    Tried to stay awake for pretty much all of last night's game, predominantly watching Lightning v Blue Jackets and Jets v Blues. After that first period in Tampa, I didn't see that result coming! What a game!! Blues won ugly in Winnipeg and I think they will go on to win that series. Hope not though as I'd love to see a Canadian team get to the final. Islanders impressed me as well.

Really looking forward to Leafs at Bruins tonight. Got to be Toronto's turn, surely?  ;)