Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yann Kermogant - Striker (ed. SIGNED)

Comments

• Sorry Kap I'm just trying to get a bite from one person. I'm joking.
  • Grow up.
  • edited September 2011
    Speaking of racists

Come on you nonce.
  • Speaking of racists

Come on you nonce.
    Is this really necessary?
  • this thread is weird.
  • Kermit looked a little rusty to me but to be fair to the guy I got no impression of racism or bigotry from his 10 mins of play...did I  miss a Nazi salute as he was competing for a header??

Could be a sexist though.. very common in French players (oops that's racist)..
  • Looked classy, won a couple of flick-ons (albeit to noone but that will come with an understanding of his partner and the thought was there), his touch and awareness were central to the third goal.

Very good competition for Hayes here.  Shame about the Benson/Euell/Smith situation as I can't see any of them providing the same for BWP as Kermorgant will for Hayes.
  • Didn't you notice the little swastika armband that he was wearing, grumps?

Failing that, you must have seen that he was playing in a customised pair of studded Adidas jackboots, surely? :)
  • Thought he did well when he came on. Won a few headers, held the ball up well and a great ball inside the full back for Wagggys cross. Did more in ten minutes than Euell has in his numerous cameos.
    Agree with his performance, cant comment on Euell piece as I've not seen him play this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought he did well when he came on. Won a few headers, held the ball up well and a great ball inside the full back for Wagggys cross. Did more in ten minutes than Euell has in his numerous cameos.
    Agree with his performance, cant comment on Euell piece as I've not seen him play this season.
    No-one has Redmidland. ;-)

When he was on the pitch I thought for a moment we'd re-signed Andy Reid or Peter Garland.

Had a nice touch from what we saw in 10 mins though. Look forward to seeing how he progresses.
  • He looked useful to me - looks like he does the same job as Hayes but possibly has a bit more potential - there's no doubt that Hayes has qualities but its obvious he's not a 'predator', has no pace and isn't outstanding in the air. I think we need some more 'legs' up front though and am surprised that we haven't brought somebody in who will stretch the defence a bit more, particularly in the second half when it opens up. I think we'll lack pace if Wagstaff gets injured.

• here are similarities with Hayes but they are different players. Hayes has scored 3 goals in 9 games - that is 1 in 3. If you project that, he is on course to get 14-15 goals over the season which is what we need with BWP looking like he will get 30 plus.
  • I liked him a lot on Saturday. Immediately looked comfortable when he came on, good first touch, strong in holing the ball up, got to be honest I think he might be a better bet alongside BWP than Hayes. If we lose BWP to injury, I think we will be very pleased that we have him.
  • And how many assists has Hayes got? People always forget that.
  • And lets not take away from Hayes what a quality finish that was from him on saturday. If that was scored in the premiership, sky sports would have been wetting themselves over highlights for a week.
  • And how many assists has Hayes got? People always forget that.
    Dont know. I've forgotten.
    I'm always doing that.
    ;-)
  • Really impresses with his cameo on Saturday, won everything in the air, think he can bring something slightly different to our attacking options - reminded me alittle bit of Matt Svensson
  • Spoke to my Arsenal season ticket holding boss who took his kids and his assessment was as follows:

Impressed with the cameo from the bloke at the end. Definitely added a different dimension.

He was amazed when I told him it was he of the infamous Di Canio penalty.

• Don't think i've ever been so unimpressed with a signing since we signed non-league Darlington's low scoring fifth choice striker.

So he will probably turn out a genius.

Correct

• Sponsored links:

• WSS said:

Don't think i've ever been so unimpressed with a signing since we signed non-league Darlington's low scoring fifth choice striker.

So he will probably turn out a genius.

Correct

Haha! Seems strange looking back at this thread and seeing the very much unimpressed comments! Now look him!

Kermorgant the Hero. His interview in the front of Tuseday's programme is a must read for anyone who hasn't done so yet...
  • The Kerminator!
  • He was the twat that took "that" penalty against Cardiff in the shoot out.

1 goal in 20 games for Leicester.

Sounds like a Jewish festival
    Why oh why would Powell be looking to loan this player as we have enough none striking strikers as it is
    Oggy Red said:

He just needs Danny Green to whip over a never ending supply of crosses. Then his miskicks can be converted by BWP.

He sounds rubbish, hope we don't sign him.
  • Powell out.
  • edited November 2012
    Jewish Festival ? .. did I write that ? .. as for non striking striker .. he has turned from ugly duckling to beautiful swan !!
  • Jewish Festival ? .. did I write that ? .. as for non striking striker .. he has turned from ugly duckling to beautiful swan !!

No Linc, I think you quoted @AFKABartram on that one. Right about the beautiful swan bit though!
  • Thanks RRR. I enjoyed that.
  • CP definitely a good judge of players - think we've done well on our signings.