Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermogant - Striker (ed. SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    Hi Leicester fan in peace,
    Kermorgant is a solid player and got a raw deal at Leicester. After he missed THAT penalty he was chastised and got shipped out to France. He never got any opportunities at Leicester, coming on for the last 20 at most, so he never had an adequate amount of game time to prove himself. You will hear differing opinions of him on forums such as Foxestalk, most of which will be along the lines of "He iz wel shit ee mised dat penulty.", but I personally thought he was a good player.
    Here are some of his attributes:
    Positives
    • Aerially very strong, in terms of flick ons, so if you have anyone with pace they could benefit. He has an enormous leap. Threat at set pieces.
    • Technically a good player, as you can see from the infamous Youtube video. Capable of spraying the ball around. The Youtube vid also suggests he is a good free kick taker, but I couldn't comment on that as I don't believe he took one at Leicester.
    • He is a big powerful guy as well, and always put a challenge in.He can also belt a football, usually goalward.

Negatives
    • The game can seem to pass him by, with him not seeming as involved as other players.
    • He sometimes thinks he is Eric Cantona, which is all well and good, if you are Eric Cantona. Unfortunately he is not Eric Canton

All in all I think he will do really well if he gets a chance with you guys. I expect you may wonder what he's trying to do on occasion but there will be flashes of brilliance mixed to counter balance those moments. 
      Good luck with your season
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Kermorgant is a solid player and got a raw deal at Leicester. After he missed THAT penalty he was chastised and got shipped out to France. He never got any opportunities at Leicester, coming on for the last 20 at most, so he never had an adequate amount of game time to prove himself. You will hear differing opinions of him on forums such as Foxestalk, most of which will be along the lines of "He iz wel shit ee mised dat penulty.", but I personally thought he was a good player.
    Positives
    • Aerially very strong, in terms of flick ons, so if you have anyone with pace they could benefit. He has an enormous leap. Threat at set pieces.
    • Technically a good player, as you can see from the infamous Youtube video. Capable of spraying the ball around. The Youtube vid also suggests he is a good free kick taker, but I couldn't comment on that as I don't believe he took one at Leicester.
    • He is a big powerful guy as well, and always put a challenge in.He can also belt a football, usually goalward.

Negatives
    • The game can seem to pass him by, with him not seeming as involved as other players.
    • He sometimes thinks he is Eric Cantona, which is all well and good, if you are Eric Cantona. Unfortunately he is not Eric Canton

All in all I think he will do really well if he gets a chance with you guys. I expect you may wonder what he's trying to do on occasion but there will be flashes of brilliance mixed to counter balance those moments. 
    Thanks for that.  Good luck getting yours back on the rails.
  • Options
    Cheers LCFCFan

Always good to get an unbiased view.
  • Options
    Not read chuff all before, but all I'm saying is Rasiak must have been truly pony.
  • Options
    Positives

Negatives

Fine by me as long as he kicks a palace fan.
  • Options

Sure Chris Powell has seen or knows enough about him to sign him. It's his reputation (and job) on the line.

Not gonna judge a player on a few you tube clips and meaningless internet chatter.  Saddens me that players are now dismissed before they've even set foot on a pitch in a Charlton shirt.  If we look for the negatives and are pessimistic about players it surely becomes a self- fulfilling prophecy as it eventually gets across to the player who becomes too afraid to play for fear of making mistakes and they become "Charltonized" (Darren Ambrose  for example amongst many others most recently Hayes).

We are a 3rd division club and although it would be great to sign proven strikers with flawless track records who score for fun unfortunately most of them turn out in the champions league final or in Brazil shirts and if it was that easy then we wouldnt be in this poxy division.

• Options
    Like any new player to the club, i'm hoping he takes his first team chances when given the chance. In Powell we trust!
  • Options
    CP has seen him play and has trained him, so while to us it's a case of Yann who? He knows what he can do and what his character and temperament is like. He strengthens a key position - the link between midfield and attack and from the Youtube clip he looks to have some technical skills and maybe offers something that none of our current players have. As a free signing he's cheap, my reservations are tinged only by not having seen him play and what his fitness level is - if he's been without a club for a couple of months then I presume he'll need a few weeks to get up to speed. But we have no immediate injury or suspension, or even form issues with any of the current midfield/attack so that shouldn't be a major problem.
  • Options

Optimistic about this signing, Powell knows him and he will add some much needed competiton. Benson is possibly off on loan, Smith not ready and the jury is out on Euell as a striker long term based on his performances so far.

Only concern is his goal record as can't see him stepping up in that department if anything was to happen to BWP. However he seems to have some really good attributes and could be a real find.

• Options
    CP has seen him play and has trained him, so while to us it's a case of Yann who? He knows what he can do and what his character and temperament is like. He strengthens a key position - the link between midfield and attack and from the Youtube clip he looks to have some technical skills and maybe offers something that none of our current players have. As a free signing he's cheap, my reservations are tinged only by not having seen him play and what his fitness level is - if he's been without a club for a couple of months then I presume he'll need a few weeks to get up to speed. But we have no immediate injury or suspension, or even form issues with any of the current midfield/attack so that shouldn't be a major problem.
    i believe he was only released by leicester 2 weeks ago?! could be wrong
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2011
    I thought he played in France last season?

Edit: Ah.......... loaned out all last season, but released from his Leicester contract on 1st September just gone
  • Options
    Positives

Negatives

Thanks for that, LCFC Fan.

The flashes of brilliance and times when the game seems to pass him by are symptomatic of another Frenchman we used to have....who departed to a "big" club down the road.

Here's hoping that yann's positives outweigh his negatives !

• Options
    Yann's...sorry...Kermy's scoring record is similar to Hayes', as many have already said i'm sure he's been brought in as backup or as a possible replacement for him. I have a good feeling about this signing, sounds like he has some tricks, and I reckon he'll get 10+ this season, whilst also providing that crucial link between midfield and attack (BWP-Waggy). I've only managed to make the County game this season, but through listening on player and watching the extended highlights of our home games it seems like our wingers and fullbacks are getting plenty of good crosses into the box, with BWP and JJ (sometimes Hayes) getting on the end of them and steering them high or wide. If what the Leicester fan says is true then this guy should fit perfectly and profit from a Danny Green/Hollands/JJ/Stephens/Solly/Wiggins special.
    This is the lowest level he's played, he fits the mould of a target man, why some are writing him off i'll never know. Let's not forget he has a point to prove to the English audience, he won't want to be remembered for that penalty miss or that song.
  • Options
    Released 1 Sept I think.

Agree totally with Rodney. Easy to find faults as any player has them and more so at this level.

If he can play a part in taking the team up then that's enough for now.
  • Options

What will you all say when we sign another striker? 

• Options
    That we've got too many or why didn't CP sign him earlier or it's proof that Powell got it wrong and is now panicking.

There is always a way to turn a signing into a moan : - (
  • Options

What will you all say when we sign another striker? 

Another!? We already have 5 senior strikers.
  • Options
    That we've got too many or why didn't CP sign him earlier or it's proof that Powell got it wrong and is now panicking.

There is always a way to turn a signing into a moan : - (
    How tall is he?
  • Options
    Having seen the over head kick and read the LCFC fans view on him I have to say I'm excited about this fella.

There...said it.
  • Options
    If the biggest criticism of him is that he took one rubbish penalty, that's not really a bad thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We need to give the guy a chance. Some of the LCFC fans say he is good player but will be forever remembered for "that penalty".  They say he is strong in the air which is something we don't have up front. His free kicks look good albeit against static keepers, but the point is they were on target.

Lets see him play a few games before any judgements are past. Personally we needed another striker (wish he had a more prolific record though).

BWP - If he gets injured I would be concerned with who would score goals from up front.

Hayes - Will assist more than he scores i feel. I do like his workrate though

Euell - Not sure he is the answer for us. Sentimentally i will always like Euell, but i don't see him as a threat from the bench.

Benson - I rate him and would like to see him alongside BWP, but not sure that will happen

Smith - Young and untried as yet

Popo - Again young and untried.

• Options
    BWP: Brilliant. Best striker in the league, possibly the best player.
    Hayes: Good link-up play, will get a lot of assists and some goals. Works hard and will be a regular.
    Euell: Hasn't convinced me yet, experienced but quite slow now. Not convinced he'll be a success this time around.
    Benson: Can score goals, useful to come off the bench.
    Kermogant: Tall with a good touch about him, good in the air, good ability, even if inconsistent. Not prolific, good addition though.
    Smith: Young, very tall, doubt he'll get much of a chance in the league this season.
    Popo: Not ready yet.
  • Options
    Now that we've got a target man/link up player in Kumagain or whatever he's called (once he's matchfit),  I don't think we'll see Euell expected to play a striking role - after all, he's been predominantly an attacking midfielder for many years with Charlton (1st spell), Boro, Stains, Blackpool, Donny etc.

Euell's only been filling in as striker recently, because of his adaptability. But now he can revert to the AM role he does best.

• Options
    Glad to see him here, must have something to him after being at LC
  • Options
    Positives

Negatives

Thanks for that, LCFC Fan.

The flashes of brilliance and times when the game seems to pass him by are symptomatic of another Frenchman we used to have....who departed to a "big" club down the road.

Here's hoping that yann's positives outweigh his negatives !

Following on from the piece above......didnt we used to have a striker where the game used to pass him by...or so we all thought...........then bang!! he would score and then score again.......ah yes a certain Mr Hales I believe!!!
    Lets give this guy a chance.....a big strong aerial threat.....can produce 'flick-ons' for pacy strikers (BWP/Waggy).......like the sound of him.....and I guess he will want to rebuild his reputation as a good footballer in this country......lets see what he can do!!
  • Options
    The proof of the pudding and all that but he seems to compliments the other strikers we have.  He was free (maybe for a reason) but Powell isn't taken a punt in the dark as he knows him and has worked with him before.

I say give him a 15 minute sub appearance and then we can make our minds up about him based on that : - )
  • Options
    I will make my mind up after I have seen him play. Until then I will trust the person the club has appointed as manager, who is an expert on spotting players (compared to me) and has worked with this player before!
  • Options
    I will make my mind up after I have seen him play. Until then I will trust the person the club has appointed as manager, who is an expert on spotting players (compared to me) and has worked with this player before!

That is ridiculous. We know best. We have first hand reports from other fans and we have never seen hin play. We are in a far better position to judge.
  • Options

That is ridiculous. We know best. We have first hand reports from other fans and we have never seen hin play. We are in a far better position to judge.
    Lol!
  • Options
    Never seen him play Large? my god man, don't you use youtube?  Alan Pardew swears by it as his top scouting aid................