Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermogant - Striker (ed. SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    Never seen him play Large? my god man, don't you use youtube?  Alan Pardew swears by it as his top scouting aid................
    That and the latest copy of Football Manager.
  • Options
    Never seen him play Large? my god man, don't you use youtube?  Alan Pardew swears by it as his top scouting aid................
    That and the latest copy of Football Manager.

Hey don't knock it!

I'm with Bing, how we can criticise we haven't see play yet or have worked with is beyond me.
  • Options
    Well, to counter all this negativity, I am actually convinced that he is the re-incarnation of Eric Cantona (even though he isn't even dead)...

ooh, aah, Kermit the frog!
  • Options
    Posing in his shiney new Charlton kit.
  • Options
    Posing in his shiney new Charlton kit.

...racist ;-)
  • Options

• He sometimes thinks he is Eric Cantona, which is all well and good, if you are Eric Cantona. Unfortunately he is not Eric Canton

Fine by me as long as he kicks a palace fan.
    LOL.
    Love it
  • Options
    He played for a rubbish club in the French first div last season.  We all know PSG, LIlle, Marseille, Lyon and Bordeaux are shit.  I'm out on that.  Case closed.  Job done.

• Options

A view from Leicester in today's London 24

Despite being villified for a penalty blunder in the play-offs, an influential Leicester fan presents the case for Yann Kermorgant

Mention the name Yann Kermorgant to a Leicester City fan and you’ll be able to able to garner an immediate reaction by watching their face contort as they attempt to repress a painful memory.

The French striker earned an unfortunate place in Foxes folklore when he missed a crucial penalty in their Championship play-off semi-final defeat to Leicester City at the end of the 2009-10 season.

This was not just an ordinary penalty miss however.

As has since been shown ad nauseum on blunder compilations and turned into the subject of a mocking Youtube video, his attempted dink towards the centre of the goal lacked power and was easily palmed away by goalkeeper Andy Marshall. He never played for Leicester again.

Following a year in France, Kermorgant returned to Britain this month when he signed a two-year contract with Charlton Athletic to play for manager Chris Powell, who was a coach in Leicester at the time of his prior transgression.

Leigham Stone spoke with Lance Tomlyn, Chairman of the Leicester City Independent Supporters Association, to separate the fact from the fiction and learn more about the polarising forward.

Q: Why do you think Yann Kermorgant failed as a Leicester City player?

A: I don’t think we gave him enough of a chance to be honest. He didn’t play many games and when he did he looked unfit. He will always be remembered for that penalty miss and if he had scored it he would have been a hero. But he didn’t and unfortunately it cost us.

Q: From your experience watching the player, do you think he will be a success at Charlton?

A: I think if Chris Powell gets him into shape he will be a good player for Charlton because there is definitely something there. Chris looks like a very good manager and if he thinks Kermorgant will fit in well then I’m sure he will.

Q: Kermorgant only managed one goal in 20 games for Leicester, can he score on a regular basis in English football?

A: Yes I think so. He didn’t fit in properly with us and struggled to score. But as I said before he was never fully fit. He has a fresh start now and I think that’s exactly what he needs.

Q: What type of player is he?

A: A Youtube player! I remember being excited about signing him because he looked so good on Youtube. But, seriously, I think he is a player with all-round ability and someone we didn’t see the best of.

Q: He played as an out-and-out target man during his time in Leicester - do you think that is his best role?

A: I think he’d be better just behind a main striker. He is a big man with a good touch and he’s strong on the ball as well. I think if they put him in the hole between the midfield and strikers he’ll be effective.

Q: Overall, do you think he will be a good signing for Charlton?

A: I do because he is a good player. He didn’t play well for us but I’m sure if he gets his fitness back and plays regularly he will be a good signing.

• Options
    Blimey. He sounds about as fit as I am.
  • Options
    Blimey. He sounds about as fit as I am.
    He sounds about twice as fit as I am! Thirty seconds jog and I'm knackered.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought he looked sharp today.
  • Options
    Liked the look of him. Could be pushing Hayes for a 1st team spot.
  • Options
    I thought he looked overweight and slow.
  • Options
    Grumpy - are you having us on!
  • Options
    He is just being grumpy.
  • Options
    Sarcasm is filtering through
  • Options
    very impressive cameo , looked the part , great first touch as well , promising signs
  • Options

I think you must have smoked something before the game. Very promising cameo. He came on, offered something different and played a huge part in the 3rd goal.

Not bad for 10mins.
  • Options
    Someone was smoking something at HT in Hbock toliets! 

Was like walking through a reggae gig on the concourse.
  • Options
    I think the entire Charlton team smoked something at half- time.

I am not writing Kermit off after 10 mins just sharing my first impressions. Looked a bit laboured to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looked like he could be very good with enough game-time. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.
  • Options
    I think the entire Charlton team smoked something at half- time.

I am not writing Kermit off after 10 mins just sharing my first impressions. Looked a bit laboured to me.

I always thought Eric Cantona looked overweight and sluggish.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Too early to assess this guy after just 10 mins but what I saw I liked. Great pass to Waggy to cross for BWP to score and don't forget the management team will have seen how he has performed in training and clearly felt he was worthy of a place on the bench,,,,,,,,,,,,In you SCP we trust.
  • Options
    To be honest I wasn't there but just from what I've read I think he sounds a better option from the bench than Euell, up front anyway. No disrepect to Euell but his age is telling.
  • Options
    10 minute cameo impressed me very much.
  • Options
    No doubt carrying timber, but quality touches. Perhaps better prospect than Hayes.However not going to shake up a defence if we're down with ten to go.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
  • Options
    Thought he did well when he came on. Won a few headers, held the ball up well and a great ball inside the full back for Wagggys cross. Did more in ten minutes than Euell has in his numerous cameos.
  • Options
    Allot of casual racism when he came on which I was uncomfortable with.
  • Options
    Allot of casual racism when he came on which I was uncomfortable with.
    ????