Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yann Kermogant - Striker (ed. SIGNED)

Comments

• Options
    It would be hard for him to have any less impact than Euell so I'd put him straight on the bench as 3rd choice striker.
  • Options
    Is he a target man to aim at or are quick more skilful striker?
  • Options
    Good in the air apparently
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Slating a player before he's even kicked a ball for us? This must be a record even for Charlton fans.

Who is slaying him though ?

I said I was unimpressed with the signing. That's on 'first thoughts' having never seen him play. It's based on the fact he is a striker with a relatively poor scoring record, his only experience in England being a disappointing one, and nearly 30.

I'll reserve 'judgement' for when I actually see him play, and that's surely all that matters ?

Can't help but feel collectively we are all getting far too precious with peoples opinions that aren't purely positive.
  • Options

Can't help but feel collectively we are all getting far too precious with peoples opinions that aren't purely positive.

exactly

freaks

• Options
    It would be hard for him to have any less impact than Euell so I'd put him straight on the bench as 3rd choice striker.
    This
  • Options
    On reflection , perhaps he is a challenger for Hayes , as Benno is to BWP?
  • Options

It's time to play the music. it's time to start the chant.

It's time to start the scoring by the Yanny Kermovant.

If he can beat Leukaemia there's nothing that he cant.

That's when we all start roaring for the most sensational insperational celebrational adictational we love Yanny Kermovant.

Coat. sorry.

• Options
    On reflection , perhaps he is a challenger for Hayes , as Benno is to BWP?

Looking at the youtube clip this would be my impression, a sort of skillfull attacking midfielder forward rather than an out and out striker, perhaps a younger veersion of Euell. What we should remember is that he was at Leicester and trained under CP, he obviously knows more about him than we do.

• Options
    edited September 2011

BWP and Hayes first choice.

Kermogant back up to Hayes

Schlupp in on loan as back up to BWP.

Benno out on loan.

Euell there so we can sing the song.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    BWP and Hayes first choice.

Has to be, there is no way Benno is a challenge to BWP

• Options

Suspect that CP knows exactly what he's doing. The player got demonised heavily by the meeja after that Cardiff penalty and CP has rescued him. Hope it works out.

• Options
    I got this text from a mate who supports Leicester, who generally knows his stuff:

"City fans haven't forgiven him for the missed penalty in the play-off semi final given he tried to chip the ball.  He is clearly talented and think he will do well in League One - he holds up the ball well and has that gallic flair about him.  He can be temperamental."

So doesn't sound like a bad partner for BWP - just don't let him take a penalty!
  • Options
    As we don't know who he is, I think we just need to go with Chrissy's judgement. I thought we were a striker shy and Chrissy thinks he can fill the gap. All this going over his gaol record is a waste of time- I suspect the club did a little more research don't you. And he may not be the nxt Messi - but hopefully is a useful addition - can't believe some people are questioning his signing when they don't know anything about him - typical Charlton fans!!
  • Options
    According to leicester fans he is a large slow lump, who is good in the air, perhaps technically ok, and rarely scores.

Additionally not really a striker not really a midfielder but somewhere in between the two, therefore he must be Euell's understudy.

Jokes a side a couple of our other signings recently wern't supposedly up to much and not a loss to the previous club, ther'e not doing too bad at present.
  • Options
    "All this going over his gaol record is a waste of time-"

What's that? We've signed a criminal? Not in my name. I'm writing to Michael Slater about this...
  • Options
    Our squad's enormous.  Without a reserve league I wonder what everyone's going to do with themselves.
  • Options

Suspect that CP knows exactly what he's doing. The player got demonised heavily by the meeja after that Cardiff penalty and CP has rescued him. Hope it works out.

Definitely with you on this one, stilladdicted.

In Powell we trust ...

Yann the Man ! Sounds good to me.

• Options
    A too the point assessment from my Leicester supporting friend:

'That **** missed the pen in the play off shoot out in Cardiff!!!! I reckon he'll come good though'

So maybe there is some promise here - just let Jacko take the pens
  • Options
    He's gonna have something to prove, anyways, and that can't be bad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's gonna have something to prove, anyways, and that can't be bad.

True as Danny is finding out, it aint easy being Green.
  • Options

Football and life being what they are it seems almost inevitable that he will be on the pitch at the end of extra time with scores level in the play-off semi final second leg.

• Options
    Well I was calling out for a striker which we desperately need in my opinion, so I am going to trust the judgement of the people who haven't let us down so far. When Danny Green gets started properly, this fellow could be just what we need to get on the end of his crosses. Onwards and upwards !
  • Options
    Welcome to the Valley Yann.
  • Options
    Looks great at free kicks in that vid
  • Options

Could add an unpredictablility factor from the bench, think we will need something out of nothing at times this season.

If he pulls out overheads like this every now again I'd be chuffed as well - great strike.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ScTbvp9qOU&feature=related

• Options
    Bloody Nora. That goal was fantastic. Welcome to The Valley Yann.
  • Options
    he's scored some good goals. Shame none of them seem to come in the same season !!
  • Options
    powelly must know him and there is something there in the boythatys for sure getting it out of him is the issue, we are in league 1 if he is gonna do it this is a good stage to shine
  • Options

It's always been like that on this forum.