Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great Films that not many people have seen

Comments

• Options
    Pan's Labyrinth
    Ordinarily I'd sing it's praises. Awesome film. But I don't know many people who haven't seen it, so not sure it qualifies here?
  • Options
    Film called Winter in Wartime, enjoyed it a lot.

• Options
    Anyone seen gomorrah? Any good?
    Oh yeah, it's awesome. Polar opposite to any of the mafia films from the states, really grim throughout but really fascanating.

I see you hated it. FINE.
  • Options
    don't know mate as i haven't seen them?%-}<
  • Options
    Just watched Pink Floyd - Live In Pompeii. It's only an hour long but its amazing and crazy haha. There's a minute long song with just a dog and a harmonica haha. I do love Pink Floyd.
  • Options
    Micmacs - French film, clever kind of comedy. 
  • Options
    Ghost Dog : The Way of the Samurai - Forest Whitaker 
  • Options

A 1980 Henry Jaglom movie called "Sitting Ducks".

Starring..........Michael Emil, Zack Norman and Patrice Townsend. 

• Options
    How many of you got yourselves to the cinema to see Senna?  I found it absolutely incredible.  OK it did paint (unfairly) Prost as a bit of a devil-like figure and wrongly claimed Mansell had to do nothing to win the title in 1992 as his car was so good, but I had a very big lump in my throat when I walked out of the cinema, the build up to the crashes of Ratzenburger and Senna at Imola was extremely moving.

Are you sure about it being unfair to Prost. Mansell describes Prost in a similar way in his autobiography that was published years away.

Prost knew of to work the politics of F1 better than all the others including Max Moseley.

• Options
    Are you sure about it being unfair to Prost. Mansell describes Prost in a similar way in his autobiography that was published years away.

Prost knew of to work the politics of F1 better than all the others including Max Moseley.

Mansell was no angel though, and guilty of rubbing up others (including Senna) at that time but he is barely mentioned.

The film handles the controversy surrounding Senna's disqualification from the Japanese Grand Prix in 1989, which ultimately handed the title to Prost, poorly IMO.  It was Balestre and his cronies, who were to blame (and they don't escape it), but the film paints the portrait that Prost had more than his fair share of influence on the decision. 

Also I feel the film implies that there were few other talented drivers that could seriously challenge Senna, which is untrue IMO.  Mansell hardly gets a mention but other great drivers like Berger (curiously not mentioned even though him and Senna were very good friends) and Patrese etc aren't included.

Keeping on topic though, I went and saw the new Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.  It was OK, not as good as the TV series but it had some good moments and is infinitely better than most of the dross there usually is at the cinema.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Harold and Maude.

Early 70's black comedy with a fantastic Cat Stevens soundtrack.

• Options

Harold and Maude.

Early 70's black comedy with a fantastic Cat Stevens soundtrack.

Brilliant film right from the off with the hanging.
  • Options
    Film called Winter in Wartime, enjoyed it a lot.

STUBLEY - you've MADE my day!   That's my film!  :-)   Where's Adamtheaddick when you need him?!?! :-)
  • Options
    cling film?
  • Options
    cling film?

I never can get the start.
  • Options
    The big White - quirky off beat comedy
    The Fall - fantastical fantasy film with the best cinematography in some Of the most stunning landscape in he world. Watch in HD.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    cling film?

I never can get the start.
    Nice one!
    Its likeTotal Recall for me - I can never remember what happens
  • Options
    Gonna try that Winter In Wartime, I do like me a good WW2 film. There's a great WW2 film about the Norwegian resistance call Max Manus.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbK4WTQFf9U
  • Options
    Slither.  Comedy horror with slug driven zombies.
  • Options
    The colour purple à very strong film .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Basketball Diaries - not sure how well known it is but haven't met anyone whos seen it very young Leonardo DeCaprio.  Could almost make you forgive him for Titanic.
  • Options

So is cling film.
    Go on, give it a go...you must know someone who would appreciate it?
    The colour purple à very strong film .

• Options

Stalker - Andrei Tarkovsky

My Life as a Dog - Lasse Hallstrom

• Options
    Catfish - Documentary about a New York Photographer who makes friends online with a girl, who paints one of his photos displayed in the New York times, and her family. Won't say anymore but this is well worth a watch.
    Brick - As mentioned before, a crime thriller set in high school with an interesting style like that of an old detective thriller.
  • Options
    I watched Max Manus a couple of days ago and was very impressed. The guy was a hero.

Another great film is 'The Way Back' a fact based story about a group of men who escape from a Siberian Gulag. Pushed to the limits to find freedom. Worth a watch.
  • Options

"Good & Bad at Games"   an early 80's British film. No star names in it but always liked it. Opening & closing soundtrack uses Cream's great song "Badge"

• Options
    Len - The Rebel....great film.

How about "The Hit" - Tim Roth & John Hurt. Excellent film & violent end when Tim Roth goes loopy (as usual).
  • Options
    Max Manus looks good, definitely giving that a try.

A Serbian Film is not remotely worthy of being on this thread. A disgraceful film that only empowers those silly enough to think it worthy to the degree that they can boast of having seen it.

Catfish was the most disappointing 2 hours of film-watching I can recall. And I've seen Young Einstein. If it was real - and I don't believe it was - then it's still only half interesting. And again, The Color Purple - Spielberg films on a "not many people have seen," thread?

• Options
    A Serbian film is controversial all right.   I had the chance to buy the rights at Cannes in 2010, but gladly passed - the scene with the baby is the most vile thing I have ever watched in my life.   Actually quite well made for its budget but way to extreme to appeal to normal people.   IMHO.
  • Options
    End of watch. Saw other day great film