Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The People's Cup | Charlton vs. Den Bosch | PSF | Match Preview/Views/Thread

WSSWSS
edited July 2011 in General Charlton
Tuesday night's game against Den Bosch at The Valley is likely to draw a healthy, if not massive crowd, but will also be the first time many fans will have seen Chris Powell's new ensemble of Addicks in match action.

A lack of goals may be a slight area of concern in this pre-season, and trialist Honore from Toulouse is likely to be given another chance either tomorrow night or against Bromley later in the week to see if he could be a possible option.  I'd expect to see a relatively strong team playing in front of home fans, with the outline of the starting XI against Bournemouth possibly showing: the core of the team is likely to be cemented in the coming games with the preferred centre back, centre midfield and striking partnerships starting to take place.

Jason Euell could make a cameo appearance  in a Charlton shirt once again, but I get the feeling that CP is not the managerial type to play him in the 'marquee' pre season game - he may pop up at Bromley though.

There is no need to get carried away about results or performances but a decent showing at The Valley will start to get the juices flowing once again for The Valley faithful and restore some hope that the 2011/12 season can be one of success.

Who do you want to see playing?  What do you expect from the game?

Comments

• Our first step towards winning the quadruple.
  • im going! but first can you buy ticket on the night do you think?
  • Are any Den Bosch fans expected?

If I see any I want to chat and give them a friendly welcome.

yes, without a doubt
  • Or you can go and clean some seats tomorrow and get two tickets for free...
  • Hope Honore plays tomorrow, Den Bosch are a better side than Bromley to impress against...
  • cheers henry :-)
  • thats a thought WSS ;-)
    yes, without a doubt
    Anyone know if you'll be able to pay on the gate? I'll be there but probably quite late, hoping I won't have to queue for a ticket and then queue to get in.
  • will all stands be open?
  • Sponsored links:

• I doubt it, lower west and maybe the south only I'd have thought
  • They're only opening the Lower West and East - http://www.cafc.co.uk/page/TicketNews/0,,10267~2392789,00.html
  • There will be cash turnstiles
  • Who do I want to see playing...

Rather than multiple substitutions and triallists, I'd like to see CP play a team that he would start the season with.

• edited July 2011
    A) .Charlton Win
    B). Charlton Draw
    C). Charlton Lose
    D). Charlton Nil
    E). Charlton Win on Penalties.   ;-)
    F). Charlton lose on Penalties...............
    G)...........................................
  • E. Charlton win on penalties
  • What are the ticket sales so far?.I hope there are a few thousand there £5 a ticket is good.
  • f den bosch win on penalties
  • Sponsored links:

• I can confirm that I will be doing a match thread on here tomorrow nite for those unable to attend or hear the match.
  • Redmidland im new two this and not that great at conputers but i follow your thread great work .
  • Redmidland im new two this and not that great at conputers but i follow your thread great work .
    Welcome gibbons......glad you enjoy the thread. Hope its a good match tomorrow nite for all concerned!
    Welcome. Can we call you "Funky"?

• Or fumkee ?

• Does anyone know for sure if tickets are avaliable on the door?

• Does anyone know for sure if tickets are avaliable on the door?

Doubt it. The club will be turning the 2-3k that turn up on the night without one away.
  • Okay cheers.
  • Reckon there'll be over 5,000 there - for most it will be the first time to see the cream of league 1 that we've been snapping up and with kids not at school, reckon it will be a very young crowd - i've even got my youngest coming along who insisted we were rubbish and he wouldn't be coming back early last season.

• Last time we played a Dutch club was Feyenoord. Attendance just over 9.000. Feyenoord's forward line consisted of Kanou and Kuyt who both went on to play in the world cup. Darren Bent made his debut, scored once and had a hand in the other goal. How times change. Den Bosch: last season finished 8th in the 2nd division, winning 11 of 34 games. If Charlton can't beat this team by a couple of goals, they have to think again. Den Bosch play what we would class at best 3rd division football but are no better than Aldershot. Think the attendance will be more like 4,500-5,000 at best. Den Bosch this Saturday play PSV at home in a friendly. Then take on one of the better 2nd division clubs in Zwolle. They have kept 12 out of their 23 players since last season and have drawn at home against Hartlepool (on neutral ground) and lost at home against Ipswich Town 3-1. To those who attend the game; hope it is a good one. I'll be listening to Red Midland's report. Hope the seaon ahead is better than I foresee.