Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The People's Cup | Charlton vs. Den Bosch | PSF | Match Preview/Views/Thread

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    need 2 new strikers, at least one who can hold ball up. Liked Green a lot, centre mid much improved as is central defence. wiggins had a poor game but looks to have ability. Think Alonso and a couple of strikers are needed as we were a bit puncless up front.
  • Options
    Good game. Tried the Oak after the match for a change. Got beaten at pool by a Chelsea girl. 
    Sorry to anyone sat in or near C block in the East. I just love a good shout. 

Lovely goal by BWP, reminding us why we were so excited to sign him. Can't wait for Millwall and the start of the season. 

COYR.
    Are you the bald fella at the front of the C block with the little set of hooligan kids singing STAND UP IF YOU LOVE CHARLTON and then going "why is nobody standing up? "
    Haha! No, but that guy was amazing. I was right at the back. 
    Great view form up there! It was nice not to have to crane my neck to see the whole pitch. 
    That guy was pretty funny. He was having a great time. I was at the back of the C block too! Was a decent view yeah. Was with the missus and my bro, who enjoyed the game
  • Options
    Thought we did fairly well but I'm not convinced yet.

I'm wary of the 'new player effect' or what could be called Charlton Eyes. We've had so many new players in the last 4/5 years, often they start well and all the talk is about how great they are, apparently much much better than what we had before. It happened with Lee Martin last year, at first he seemed to have a mixture of Wagstaff's energy and Sam's skill. We forgot there was a reason he dropped down to League 1 and eventually we saw why that was.

We could really do with 2 new strikers. One a proper big strong target man type, someone like an Iwelumo. Another being a pacey and strong or skilful type that can cause problems on his own, an Anyinsah or Lisbie. Unless Benson goes it looks like we'll only be getting a target man in.

With last nights team we had to pass the ball well if we were going to create anything. We couldn't go long and we had few players that could run at them. If we're forced to go long by the opposition, or Hayes and BWP are having bad games the whole team could struggle. There will be times we need some sort of physical player up front. I'm not sure just yet this time are good enough to do a Brighton and play good passing football in every game. Will be interesting to see how they cope in the bad weather and against big physical aggressive sides.

Our main threat going forward was usually coming from Green, I hope we don't end up relying on his crosses too much.

As said one good thing is there should be goals throughout our midfield. Stephens and Hollands have looked good so far, but I'm looking forward to seeing Alonso, he should give them some good competition. With the midfielders we have (including Bover and Alonso) and Hayes up front we look like we might be a lot more creative.

Promising but pre-season still means very little.
  • Options

Ralph , I was a big Ronnie Moore fan but my memory tells me that he was a better centre back than centre forward for the Addicks and that Towner never really hit the heights for us . I agree that they were brilliant against us for Rotherham in one of Ken Craggs's last games .

Agree Richard,  Moore & Towner looked quality as Rotherham smashed us  1-5 at the Valley, I paid a quid for Ronnie & thought I was overcharged ! Towner was absolute rubbish but once RM was moved to centre half what a transformation !!!!   
  • Options
    Good post Scoham. I actually thought we were set up slightly too deep last night. Didn't allow Stephens scope to get close enough to Hayes and BWP. Would hope at home we would naturally sit ten yards further forward. Early days though.
  • Options
    how quick was pritchard near the end when solly misjudged the ball and it bounced over him pritchard skinned the attacker and solly
    I have a feeling that he is going to be a success story this season
  • Options
    ....hopefully he wont be another Dean Sinclair!
  • Options
    Rhoys Wiggins - the quickest ever charltonised player?
  • Options

I assume all our team from last night will all get OBE's.

Isnt this the normal award given to the winners of a two team tournament?

;o)

• Options
    Its funny how people view games differently. I
    know its only pre season but I thought Stephens was poor last night.
    Hollands looks a real player though & we all know Green is class
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stephens looks a class act!!!
  • Options
    i like all the new players! and its the first i have said that in years!! ;-)
  • Options
    Stephens looks a class act!!!
    This
  • Options
    stephens best player on the pitch by a mile.liked morrison and green .it was a change to see us play on the floor
  • Options
    i agree svennson!
  • Options
    Come on mate that was surely a wind up?
  • Options
    May I be the first to congratulate Mr Powell on last night..............................the pitch looked absolutely fantastic. ;-)

MOTM for me was probably Hollands for the 90 mins. looked so composed. Wiggins looked shakey to start with but found the pace as the game wore on. Green and jacko were both good, without being outstanding. Hayes looked a bit lacking in match sharpness and would like to think that when the games are for real, when he gets into the box, one-on-one with the keeper, he doesn't try to lob him like he tried last night (Mancini would have subbed him, i'm sure). Overall, i thought it was a comfortable game, still some work to be done but definitely moving in the right direction.
  • Options
    Why don't we make this a annual pre season fixture? Next season at there place and then ares again the season after etc etc? For the rights for the cup, friendly competition and a link up could be made for are youth to go over and play for them.
  • Options
    Good Idea CAfc-4-life, i was thinking the same, Would do non of the clubs any harm
  • Options
    BUMP.

What about risking our Peoples Cup in a pre-season tournament of some kind involving Roland's stable of clubs, plus Den Bosch of course?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could offer millwall the chance to play us for the people's cup
    Could be a little earner for them as might feel sorry for them playing Yeh league 1 playing in a empty statium!
    Ah yeh it's like that now at the den
    And
    Like f##k will I feel sorry for um
  • Options
    Would not mind a pre season Roland cup tournament, maybe by then Roland may have bought Den Bosch.
  • Options
    One of the few things(at the moment anyway) to come out of the takeover shall hopefully be a decent pre-season abroad.
  • Options

It's funny to look back at this now. I think overall I was right about Stephens as he had more poor games than good imo. I got it oh so wrong about Green though!!!
  • Options
    Ancient bump...

Den Bosch, in the Dutch 2nd tier, were beaten 13-0 tonight.
  • Options
    Ancient bump...

Den Bosch, in the Dutch 2nd tier, were beaten 13-0 tonight.
    We even Charltonise our opponents…eventually!! 🤷🏻‍♂️😂