Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favorite stand up comedian?

Comments

• Options
    brogib said:

Ed Milliband

Hell yeah
  • Options
    Saw Stewart Lee last night.

Did his usual trick of losing the audience and winning them back, blaming them if the jokes didnt work.
    He's not always the funniest, but he had me in fits several times last night. Easily the cleverest comedian there is.
  • Options
    I saw someone called Robert White at Storm in Leicester Square over the weekend. Really good, and got extra points as much of it was improvised with the audience.
  • Options
    i am a Mickey Flanagan and Lee Mack chap myself
  • Options
    I can't see how anyone can not be impressed with Lee Mack's razor sharp wit, geezers a comical genius......and yes, it does take one to know one
  • Options
    brogib said:

I can't see how anyone can not be impressed with Lee Mack's razor sharp wit, geezers a comical genius......and yes, it does take one to know one

Lee Mack's 'so cockney it hurts' routine is quality. And the bit when he talks about aftershave adverts..."What does it f*cking smell like?!!!??!!"
  • Options
    jimny cricket at Blackpool pier as a 13 yr old I thought was brilliant

So wanted to go see chubby brown but apparently me nan wouldn't like him

Went back to see chubby a few years later money well spent

Mike Reid was superb,

We were setting up a conference at the NEC in Jan and they had Martin Bayfield doing a motivation speech and then this supposed comedian Hal Crutenden

Bayfield was amazing the best after dinner speaker I have ever had the pleasure to see

Hal Crutenden was terrible, he lost the audience in the first five minutes, couldn't recover them or win them back then when he realised that he was on a loser with the audience he retorted to giving out sly digs and poor attempts to cover his poor standard of stand up comedy

How on earth he is successful is beyond me
  • Options

Saw Kevin Bridges doing a work in progress at the Soho Theatre last week. Really good.

Seeing him at a small theatre in Tunbridge Wells tomorrow night.....should be good!
    Hello Thai, what did you think of the Kevin Bridges gig out of interest?

• Options
    Agreed Hal Crutenden, terrible, terrible 'comic'.
  • Options

Saw Kevin Bridges doing a work in progress at the Soho Theatre last week. Really good.

Seeing him at a small theatre in Tunbridge Wells tomorrow night.....should be good!

Very good but he was surprisingly nervous at times. I liked his story about the bloke at Burger King. As Kevin went to leave, Gary, the Burger King worker, said "You're a legend" and said that he had given him something extra. He looked in the bag and saw he got some free onion rings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Very good but he was surprisingly nervous at times. I liked his story about the bloke at Burger King. As Kevin went to leave, Gary, the Burger King worker, said "You're a legend" and said that he had given him something extra. He looked in the bag and saw he got some free onion rings.
    Know what you mean about him being a tad nervous. He also seemed a bit crestfallen if one or two of his stories didn't get huge laughs.

• Options

Know what you mean about him being a tad nervous. He also seemed a bit crestfallen if one or two of his stories didn't get huge laughs.

Yes, crestfallen is the right word if something didn't work. He twice said people should get their money back if they didn't find him funny. I thought he was good entertainment and a bit different from other comedians.
  • Options
    Saw Jimmy Carr last night at Hammersmith Apollo.

Absolutely hilarious and a genius I would say.

Mind you, a substantial amount of Lifers (on here), would have probably been outraged.
  • Options

Saw Jimmy Carr last night at Hammersmith Apollo.

Absolutely hilarious and a genius I would say.

Mind you, a substantial amount of Lifers (on here), would have probably been outraged.

I don't particular like Jimmy Carr but when he came to our local theatre a couple of years ago I did go to see him. I didn't particularly enjoy it but I was impressed by the sheer volume of jokes that he launched at the audience. I never seen anything like it.
  • Options
    Just back from Tim Vine's gig. Loved it. Totally stupid, silly jokes, songs and dances but very, very funny. I have no idea how he remembers them all. Was sat right across the aisle to Eddie Howe and his missus and one row behind was Scottie Dog Mitchell.

Played a leg of 501 as part of his encore against him which must be a first for a comedy gig...and he did "dart behind the ear" too.
  • Options
    Russell Howard is growing on me
  • Options

You might want to get that seen to.
  • Options
    Mr. Happy said:

You might want to get that seen to.
    Live yoghurt and a slap on the head should shift it.

Craig Campbell's Thrilling Mic Hunt is worth seeing
  • Options
    Went to see a Paul Foot stand up tonight in Perth, WA .. havent seen much/any of his stand up other than him being on Never Mind the Buzzcocks. Brilliant night, fairly good crowd, very bizarre and enjoyed it
  • Options
    Saw Rob Deering at the weekend. He was very good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Big Yin
  • Options
    saw Bob Monkhouse once when in Jersey, was absolutely hilarious
  • Options
    saw Al Murray at the Orchard last month.

brilliant.
  • Options
    Nigel Farage
  • Options
    Malcolm Hardee ... loved a sunday eve up the creek in the 90s.
  • Options

Good shout DT, used to love Up the Creek back in the day.
  • Options
    James Acaster tonight at Museum Of Comedy - Bloomsbury near to British Museum - £5 for 1 hour. It's a warm up show for edinburgh. Tiny venue size of a living room - there are 2 tickets still left on the website if anyone else likes him. http://www.museumofcomedy.com/whats_on/?category=Comedy
  • Options

James Acaster tonight at Museum Of Comedy - Bloomsbury near to British Museum - £5 for 1 hour. It's a warm up show for edinburgh. Tiny venue size of a living room - there are 2 tickets still left on the website if anyone else likes him. http://www.museumofcomedy.com/whats_on/?category=Comedy

The size of a living room & 2 tickets left.

How many tickets have been sold 3 or 4 ? :wink:
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Good shout DT, used to love Up the Creek back in the day.
    Me an all, every Friday and Saturday night for about 3 years!

RIP Malcolm Hardee
  • Options

The size of a living room & 2 tickets left.

How many tickets have been sold 3 or 4 ? :wink:
    Haha. He's relatively unknown.
    He was hilarious though. Great value for a fiver and about 40 people in this underground air conditioned bunker.
    Finished by 7.30 and apparently Michael McIntyre was on at 8.30. Couldn't get out of there fast enough to avoid his smarmy face and voice!