Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favorite stand up comedian?

Comments

• Options
    Well best I have seen albeit 18 years ago was the chubbmeister, Roy Chubby Brown
  • Options
    Bill Bailey
  • Options
    Saw Greg Davies recently. Highly amusing
  • Options

Roy chubby Brown is the funniest "adult" humour comedian i have ever seen

• Options

I gotta say that Lee Mack is very funny I also like Jack Dee, the great Rich Hall, Lee Evans, Jimmy Carr and for different reasons Tim Vine how the hell does he remember all those jokes? As for Frankie Boyle I am afraid that sometimes he spills into a nasty, vindictiveness which I find uncomfortable the Down's Syndrome routine to me was neither funny or particularly clever. Went off Billy Connelly years ago especially after the Ken Bigley thing but now he seems to think its enough to stand on the stage and say f**k 100 times and that's enough lazy, lazy.

So many to think about someone mentioned Eddie Murphy Raw which agree is brilliant.

Most overrated? well Ross Noble for sure sorry folks he doesn't make me properly laugh ever

• Options

I must admit I'm suprised that so many find Mickey Flannagan funny.

Saw Rich Hall at the Greenwich Comedy Festival, brilliant.

Bishop and Evans? Appalling.

Saw Jerry Seinfeld this year. Genius.

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Milton Jones did our work summer cruise gig last year. Was hilarious. His facial expressions along with the one liners had us cracking up. Although, I'm sure he wasn't too impressed when the plane home from venice for loads of us including him was cancelled so we had to all stay in this hotel down a country lane that was pretty shoddy (Compared to the 5* treatment with butlers on the cruise for a week earlier! About 25 of us and Milton and his wife went to this Pizzaria in some little town, we took over the whole place. He was in pretty good form considering he was delayed by 24 hours getting home and having to put up with sunburnt annoyed drunk folk from my office in a random restaurant.
    Everyone had the fear about being able to get home in time to see the final of the world cup.
  • Options
    Mark Thomas.
  • Options
    Greg Davies
  • Options
    Milton Jones did our work summer cruise gig last year. Was hilarious. His facial expressions along with the one liners had us cracking up. Although, I'm sure he wasn't too impressed when the plane home from venice for loads of us including him was cancelled so we had to all stay in this hotel down a country lane that was pretty shoddy (Compared to the 5* treatment with butlers on the cruise for a week earlier! About 25 of us and Milton and his wife went to this Pizzaria in some little town, we took over the whole place. He was in pretty good form considering he was delayed by 24 hours getting home and having to put up with sunburnt annoyed drunk folk from my office in a random restaurant. Everyone had the fear about being able to get home in time to see the final of the world cup.
    What recession !!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Milton Jones did our work summer cruise gig last year. Was hilarious. His facial expressions along with the one liners had us cracking up. Although, I'm sure he wasn't too impressed when the plane home from venice for loads of us including him was cancelled so we had to all stay in this hotel down a country lane that was pretty shoddy (Compared to the 5* treatment with butlers on the cruise for a week earlier! About 25 of us and Milton and his wife went to this Pizzaria in some little town, we took over the whole place. He was in pretty good form considering he was delayed by 24 hours getting home and having to put up with sunburnt annoyed drunk folk from my office in a random restaurant. Everyone had the fear about being able to get home in time to see the final of the world cup.
    What recession !!!!!
    yeah, it hasn't affected that company. Twas great - all staff and partners a weeks all expenses paid cruise round the med, starting after a night at the fairmont hotel in monte carlo (on the hair pin bend) to france, italy, croatia and back to italy. was a tremendous week. We miss our butler Augus.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I thought Mitch Hedberg was the funniest man alive until I found out he was dead. The guy is just one big ball of one liners. I used to think Jerry Seinfeld had the edge on all comedians, but I am quite happy to listen to the Mitch Hedberg one liners over, and over again.

"I don't stay at the bed and breakfast... I would get hungry. I need to go to a chair-lunch-dinner..."

http://bit.ly/aKSwPD
  • Options

I'm surprised there's only a couple of mentions for Sean Lock.

Drier than me aunt's minge.

• Options
    Stuart Francis, From Mock the week. Best one line comic ever.
  • Options
    Milton Jones.
  • Options
    Not a fan of Lee Evans at all, have to agree that Ken Dodd is the guvnor, personally I like Rhod Gilbert, Sean Lock is superb.
  • Options
    Al Murray and Billy Connolly
  • Options
    Stuart Francis, From Mock the week. Best one line comic ever.
    His brother Simon was quite comical in his day.................
  • Options
    Dara O'Briain who also chairs Mock the Week is very funny. Can't stand Milton Jones - just a series of weak puns nor Lee Evans. I also like Sean Lock's routines.
  • Options
    Dara O'Briain who also chairs Mock the Week is very funny. Can't stand Milton Jones - just a series of weak puns nor Lee Evans. I also like Sean Lock's routines.
    Have to disagree about Milton Jones. Saw him on Live at the Apollo and was almost wetting myself with laughter.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    An Audience with Billy Connelly from 1986 is still the best stand up show Ive ever seen. The Scottish singing pi55 take is side splitting
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Sean lock is is one of the funniest people around right now imo, Reginald d hunter is also very good too
  • Options
    I think Chris Rock is excellent. Mark Thomas is also excellent. But my favourite I reckon is Sean Lock, I nearly wet myself when he started drinking the whiskey on the 8 out of 10 cats Christmas Special! Absolute genius!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Sean lock is is one of the funniest people around right now imo,......
    Not sure if you ever saw it but 15 Storeys High was a brilliant and massively underrated sitcom written by and starring the bespectacled joker.

• Options
    Got it on DVD for Christmas. Looking forward to getting a chance to sit down and watch it.
  • Options
    Ben Elton
  • Options
    Frankie Boyle is the boss along with Kevin Bridges. Saw Bridges in Blackeath last year, hilarious.
  • Options
    Sean lock is is one of the funniest people around right now imo,......
    Not sure if you ever saw it but 15 Storeys High was a brilliant and massively underrated sitcom written by and starring the bespectacled joker.

I hadnt no, cheers though il give that a watch
  • Options
    Anyone going to see Milton Jones in Catford tomorrow (Weds 11th March) ?
  • Options
    Milton Jones is well funny! After meself and maybe Lee Mack, he's probably the funniest bloke on the planet!