Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Favorite stand up comedian?

15678911»

Comments

• This was different - he had a theme, pretending that he had been a spy, and the story of that. Still quite a few one-liners though.
  • edited February 2020
    Henning Wehn makes me laugh. I have seen Would I lie to you being filmed three times so far. I would recommend it. A lot can't be used and they don't care. Lee Mack is brilliant.
  • Going to see Geoff Norcott in Maidstone tonight.
  • Henning Wehn makes me laugh. I have seen Would I lie to you being filmed three times so far. I would recommend it. A lot can't be used and they don't care. Lee Mack is brilliant.
    Wehn is especially funny when you consider he's not speaking in his first language. Mack is very sharp and I love the delivery of Jack Dee.
  • bobmunro said:
    Watching this tonight at Bromley, looking forward to it really like Milton Jones

Seeing him in Stoke next Friday.
    2 warm up acts before hand
    Miltons Grandad who suspiciously looks and sounds like Milton lol
    And some comedian called Tom Houghton who was quite funny, his dad is this guy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Houghton

Can't believe you didn't mention the cheer when Charlton was mentioned and Milton's response?   
    Was you there @algarveaddick
  • Watching this tonight at Bromley, looking forward to it really like Milton Jones

how was it?
    Very funny

Alot of Charlton fans there aswell, towards the end of the show Milton asked what people where doing tomorrow, I shouted Watching Football, to which he replied who do u support, when I said Charlton there was a load of cheers 
  • Saw Bob Monkhouse once whilst on holiday in Jersey. He was hilarious.
  • Haven't read previous ten pages but Henning Wehn is my current favourite. Who said Germans don't have a sense of humour. Once employed Ronnie Corbett for a corporate gig. Very funny man and down to earth. Richard Herring very dry if it is the guy I'm thinking of.
    Been watching a lot of Would I lie To You and 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown one YouTube, reminds me how funny Henning Wehn is. James Ancastor has grown on me an all.

Still don't think Lee Mack can be beaten for razor sharp wit though
    I like James Acaster. Very deadpan. On WILTY my favourite was a story about a friend's young son and involved cabbages. Very funny.
  • Haven't read previous ten pages but Henning Wehn is my current favourite. Who said Germans don't have a sense of humour. Once employed Ronnie Corbett for a corporate gig. Very funny man and down to earth. Richard Herring very dry if it is the guy I'm thinking of.
    Been watching a lot of Would I lie To You and 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown one YouTube, reminds me how funny Henning Wehn is. James Ancastor has grown on me an all.

I like James Acaster. Very deadpan. On WILTY my favourite was a story about a friend's young son and involved cabbages. Very funny.
    Or the one about his mate who was the keyboard player in their band, but weren't very good so they turned the sound down
  • I love the Henning Wehn routine were he starts with a terrible joke about his mate eating a sponge then goes on to say, first rule of German comedy is to start with your best joke. It is the way he does it, like he believes it. You need a natural comedian to make that work and he does.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watching this tonight at Bromley, looking forward to it really like Milton Jones

how was it?
    Very funny

Alot of Charlton fans there aswell, towards the end of the show Milton asked what people where doing tomorrow, I shouted Watching Football, to which he replied who do u support, when I said Charlton there was a load of cheers 
    Cheers. I would like to have gone but found out a bit late. Ive got on Churchill Theatres mailing list, some good stuff they have coming up 
  • Seeing Clinton Baptiste at Leicester Square next month. Really looking forward to it. The podcast cracks me up. 

If you get the chance you should see his 'Repertoire'. It's absolutely hilarious. 

That cabbages story was hilarious. Bob Mortimer always tells a good atory on WILTY too
  • edited February 2020
    Some of the stories are good but too long to be included. Rob Brydon goes through a few alternative scores at the end to match up with what they put in. I was at the Christmas episode in May! and Sharon Osborne came over as a right cow - they gave her another one at the end and I thought they wouldn't use the one about the house fire, but they did! 
  • None of the best comedians are on mainstream TV. There's a reason for that.
  • bobmunro said:
    Watching this tonight at Bromley, looking forward to it really like Milton Jones

Seeing him in Stoke next Friday.
    2 warm up acts before hand
    Miltons Grandad who suspiciously looks and sounds like Milton lol
    And some comedian called Tom Houghton who was quite funny, his dad is this guy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Houghton

Can't believe you didn't mention the cheer when Charlton was mentioned and Milton's response?   
    Was you there @algarveaddick
    Yes I was. @paulie8290
    Too busy selling out big venues like the O2?

That cabbages story was hilarious. Bob Mortimer always tells a good atory on WILTY too
    His all time classic was when he said that on the advice of Chris Rea, he always cracks an egg into his bath
    If you see a comedian a lot, no matter how funny they are, you quickly get to the point where they exhaust their repertoire. From that point on, you're largely getting repeats, re-workings and formulas. That's where most tv comedians are operating. For lesser known comics working in clubs, they can keep repeating their best suff without fear, because it's a new audience every night and only a handful of appreciative and forgiving fans will see their stuff repeated.   
  • Sponsored links:

• Trevor Noah