Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

1777879808183»

Comments

• Options
    SX_Addick said:
    I got Cassie at eight weeks old, the day after I packed up work. Our first dog. I’ve learned a hell of a lot about Collie’s since then. I had no idea how important the genetic line can be. 

Cassie’s parents were both working dogs, which has meant she’s alert the whole time and finds it hard to switch off. She loves doing agility and chasing footballs. I’d certainly recommend the training and channelling his energy into something useful. Good luck and have fun.

Yes, there is a lot more than meets the eye (No pun intended) to owning a Border Collie and training is essential.  Does she have a mat/crate or safe space where she can switch off?
  • Options
    She has her ‘bed’ under the stairs. But she is sensitive / anxious about many things (rain, wind, sudden noises) and is often back up and prowling around. Identifying the anxieties and desensitising at an early age is recommended. 
  • Options
    edited February 29
    Taking JJ on another European tour (mostly Italy) starting at the end of May for 7 weeks. He is great in the car. Most european countries are very dog friendly. If anybody is thinking of taking their dog abroad, happy to answer their questions. It is much easier than you think providing your dog is ok in the car.
  • Options
    SX_Addick said:
    She has her ‘bed’ under the stairs. But she is sensitive / anxious about many things (rain, wind, sudden noises) and is often back up and prowling around. Identifying the anxieties and desensitising at an early age is recommended. 

Sounds all too familiar, along with runners,cyclists,cars, traffic and rain hitting the window.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Try Danny Lines in Essex, I seem to remember he did explosive work from when I started out on bite work with him. 
    He’s also got a FB page. 

Absolutely brilliant MC as well for house music, been a few Centreforce gigs in last two years and he is the bollox, his show on a Wednesday is brilliant as well.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Try Danny Lines in Essex, I seem to remember he did explosive work from when I started out on bite work with him. 
    He’s also got a FB page. 

Absolutely brilliant MC as well for house music, been a few Centreforce gigs in last two years and he is the bollox, his show on a Wednesday is brilliant as well.
    Struth, that’s a bit different.
    Last I heard he was security for various visiting film stars as well as training a dog for Jude Law. 
  • Options
    Doesn't he just.  Does he know his come by from his awaaaay yet?

• Options

He’s teaching him that in Welsh ffs 🤦🏻‍♀️ 😂😂
  • Options

He’s teaching him that in Welsh ffs 🤦🏻‍♀️ 😂😂
    At least the sheep won’t know what he’s doing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

M
  • Options
    3 photos, above, of Mrs RM training our male GSD 'Zeek' to jump vertically on demand. Cant believe this lad is 8 yrs old now! Still really fit and competes in 'man hunt trials'
  • Options
    The photo below is of Mrs RM at Crufts last week, 'handling' someone else's GSD in the ring, and coming first!

Nice pic 
  • Options
    Cor Red, you must be very proud of your lovely lady 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻♥️
  • Options
    Cor Red, you must be very proud of your lovely lady 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻♥️
    Thank you, yes I am. When you consider the photos above, she switches between training our GSD's (Zeek being just 1) and then calmly taking 2 'unknown GSD's' into the biggest show ring in the dog world, Crufts, and winning. 
    Mrs RM has a natural affinity with dogs in general, but especially so with GSD's.
    Just yesterday, for example, she ran a 'scentwork' class in the morning (training dogs to search), then in the afternoon  she ran a 'play aware class' (how to keep your dog fit and healthy).
    Today she is running 3 classes from basic puppy training, to 'manhunt' training (what Police dogs do). 
    So, yes I'm proud of her skills, and her patience!
    I couldn't do it to be honest.
  • Options
    Clever lady.