Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket World Cup 2011

Comments

• Options
    Didn't see it, but sounds like a 'runner'. He would do an injured batsman's running for him.

[cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]Panesar should be playing. Yardy doesn't turn it and on these pitches he can be picked off quite easily. His batting doesn't register at this level either, where he's a bits and pieces player.

Afridi 5-22 today when his team were up against it. Canadians had no answer to googlies (which they couldn't read) and pace changes (which they couldn't live with).

Panesar doesn't turn it much either & certainly doesn't bowl googlies. He can't field and can't bat.
    Apart from that I'm in complete agreement.

My gut feeling tells me Yardy could come good with the bat and he's always going to give you something with the ball. OK he won't take wickets like Swann will, but later stages of the tournament (if England get there) restricting teams to 4 an over for spells could be important. None of the bowlers have been particularly economical as yet.
  • Options
    Note the kiss teeth -LOL
    Also note they thought it was the Bangladeshi coach

The bus carrying the West Indies players was stoned on its way back to the team hotel after they thrashed Bangladesh by nine wickets in Mirpur.

There were no injuries, the team management confirmed to ESPNcricinfo, but the players were not amused. Chris Gayle tweeted moments after the incident, "This is some b******* ... Bangladesh stoning our bus!!! Freaking glass break!!! This is c***, can't believe..what next bullets!!!! Kiss teeth".

The team's media manager, Philip Spooner, confirmed that two windows cracked, but none shattered, and hence no stone made its way inside.

"We left the ground, and on our way back to the hotel, a couple of stones did hit our window," Spooner said. "Two windows were cracked, but not shattered. We are now back at the hotel, both teams are back at the hotel and are safe."

The incident happened after West Indies completed a crushing nine-wicket victory over the hosts. The match lasted all of 31.1 overs. The discontent among the crowd could be seen when they started throwing the placards that have "4" and "6" written on them onto the playing field the moment Bangladesh lost their last wicket to be bowled out for their lowest-ever ODI total - 58.

The stones hit the bus as it attempted to make its way back to the team hotel. Spooner said that the team manager, Richie Richardson, will notify the respective boards and the ICC soon. Spooner was quick to reiterate there was no unrest among the players.

"Just make sure you mention that nobody got hurt, everybody is safe," Spooner said. "There is no panic, everybody is fine."

Gayle was not that calm about it. He tweeted again: "This is ridiculous!!! Damn!!! W Cup with so many security an this happen!! Big Joke!!! Trust me I'm not keen here!!! Av players lay flat!!!"

A Bangladesh police official said the fans had mistaken the West Indies bus for the Bangladesh bus.

"The fans thought it was the Bangladeshi team bus and they hurled stones at it," Imtiaz Ahmed, deputy commissioner of police in Dhaka, told AFP. "The window panes were shattered, but no one was injured."
  • Options
    Well, this is worth getting up for at 4am:
    England 3-2 off 1 Over !
  • Options
    33-3 off 10.
  • Options
    150 for 7. 41 (50).
  • Options
    SA 124-6...need 28 from 98......
  • Options
    Ain't over yet.

SA 124-6 (Eng 171 all out)
  • Options
    VICTORY!!!
  • Options
    wallop! england win. SA all out for 165.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]If they can't defend 330 against Ireland then how many would they need against a proper team like South Africa?

I rekon about 171.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another great game, good result, four entertaining matches, I think pre tournement we would have expected 4 points from our opening 4 games, we now have 5, the Ireland result is deemed irrelevant.
  • Options
    New Zealand just hit 100 runs off the last 5 overs to reach 302-7. Not a bad effort given they were 164-4 after 40 overs.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2011
    It was against Pakistan though....
  • Options
    sith efrica taking a bit of a wolloping at the moment.
    India 137 - 0 after 16 overs.
  • Options
    Enjoying this, could watch the little master bat all day, a true great.
  • Options
    220-1 after 33, Tendulkar 96 off 84
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Enjoying this, could watch the little master bat all day, a true great.

One of the greatest of all time. up too 99 international hundreds now. I love watching him play, he can really do damage.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    South Africa 228-6 off 44.2 (50) v Ireland.

Not sure who I want to win, and how it effects England tho......
  • Options
    Im pretty sure if england win we go through (unless there is a tie between SA and bangledesh, and then it goes down to run rate I think)
  • Options
    I thought England had to beat WI AND for Bangladesh to lose their last game...

Have hardly watched any of the world cup so far but have got Thurs/Fri off work (as its my birthday) and I'm watching the game on Thurs with my West Indian pal who is intent on getting me drunk on rum while we watch it. God help me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England have to be WI on Thursday and then hope that SA beat Bangladesh.
  • Options
    Watching SA today I'd be very surprised if they don't smash Bangladesh, WI V England is very hard to call though. England seem to go from one extrem to another.
  • Options
    We are struggerling against the windies (we are 183 for 6, off 38 overs)

The game is at chennai, we we sussesfully defended 172 against SA, although the pitch has apparently got better...

If we can scramble to 250+, I think we could have a chance
  • Options
    192-7....

treadwell run out....(im not watching it as im at uni, but there is never an excuse for a run out at this stage of the game)
  • Options
    Is 250 enough, will we make 250? Come on Luke.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]Is 250 enough, will we make 250? Come on Luke.

It will have to be enough and if wright and bresnan can stay in until the last over, I think we could reach, or even surpass 250
  • Options
    216-8, wright is out for 44...

Now, we may not make it to 250...

come on england, every run counts!
  • Options
    243 all out...
  • Options
    It's like that the cricket team are determined to do worse than their football counterparts at the world cup.

I just hope that the rugby squad don't take any hints for their world cup.
  • Options
    243 is poor but Windies are prone to a collapse.

Thought Russell's shenanigans were really annoying and hope someone has a word in his ear quickly.