Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket World Cup 2011

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tutt-Tutt[/cite]Embarrassment avoided. England with 8 balls to spare. Very Good Batting performance.

Valley Gary - good call.

the wickets seem very much in favour of the batsmen. been some really high scoring already from the 'better' teams.
  • Options
    Not a great performance but still the third highest successful chase in World Cup history which makes it sounds a bit better!

India vs England on Sunday should be a good one.
  • Options
    Gutted that Ireland lost to Bangladesh, great bowling performance but as always the batting was pretty poor. Would have been a great victory as Holland is realisticly the only other team Ireland can beat.
  • Options
    the 20:20 world cup is much better, I love watching that form of the game. 50 over cricket is neither here nor there and can be lack luster at times.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]ten Doeschate scores big everytime i see him

pure class!
  • Options
    England fielding:

India 46-1 off 7.5 Overs (50).
  • Options
    India 65-1 off 11.5 (50).
  • Options
    126-1 0ff 22 (50).
  • Options
    Half way through India's Innings:

140-1 off 25 Overs (50).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gambhir gone 180-2 30 overs
  • Options
    Damage already done I think. England will have to play a blinder to win this one.
  • Options
    I make you right Mart, India look like they are in 2nd gear as well. Painful viewing
  • Options
    Very painful to watch. As you say 2nd gear and don't look like having to shift. Not sure if they're (India) that good or is the bowling just very average.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Very painful to watch. As you say 2nd gear and don't look like having to shift. Not sure if they're (India) that good or is the bowling just very average.

Bit of both. Too many hit me balls.

If India dont get 350 I'll be surprised.
  • Options
    Did well in the last power play however Broad out and Bopara dropped - can't see us scoring 300+ to win
  • Options
    Shahzad isn't good enough at this level
  • Options
    Shahzad isn't good enough at this level
  • Options
    If England chase this score they could easily win the competition but I don't think many sides in the world could and I don't think England will, especially in India's neck of the woods.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]Shahzad isn't good enough at this level

In fairness he's keeping it tighter than Jimmy. Broad is a big miss though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So funny when crowd go mad, then dead silent! 305 for 5.
  • Options
    Bopara being dropped is a joke.

Yardy is not a 50-over cricketer.
  • Options
    They faded badly and I thought they'd be up around 360-70 so that was a bonus. Should still be enough runs on the board but some of our batsmen are due a score, so you never know! (Although we probably do know!)
  • Options
    Brilliant advert just on after Pietersen's wicket: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtxnfqDJUWg

ENG 86-1, 12ovs.

Strauss 42(45)
    Trott 7(5)
  • Options
    England are getting after India. 229-2. Just switched over after watching West Ham v Liverpool. Never heard 40,000 Indians so quiet.
  • Options
    What a fantastic game. Tied.

India 338 all out, 49.5ovs
    England 338-8, 50ovs
  • Options
    If ever you needed an advert for the campaign to keep 50-Over ODI's then surely this was it.
    Nigh on 700 runs and more excitement than any 20/20 game..........
  • Options
    so who won
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]so who won

Cricket!
  • Options
    Brilliant game, really enjoyed it. Great knock from Strauss