Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cricket World Cup 2011

Starts tomorrow.

Cant see past Sri Lanka winning it to be honest.

Fancy England will make the Semi's.

Comments

• It's between Sri lanka & India for me . I have gone for Sri lanka also but i have sneaky feeling in my water for South Africa also.
  • South Africa
  • Couldn't give a shit about it, tbh. They should just chuck the one-day game in completely and play tests (and T20s for those with the concentration span of a goldfish)
  • [cite]Posted By: Tutt-Tutt[/cite]South Africa

They are the equivilant of NZ in the Rugby WC. Chokers.

As much as it pains me to say I'm with me old mucker Leroy on this one. (as long as it's ABA.)
  • Can only be a matter of time before this format of the game is obsolete... if it isn't already

As a cricket-lover I like Leroy am totally underwhelmed by this tournament
  • edited February 2011
    The only good thing about it is that it something to watch at work over the next few weeks.
  • Love cricket, don't love the ODI format.....but will catch what i can although not paying an extra, rip off $150 for the complete PPV package on top of my monthly Willow TV cricket channel subscription for the pleasue of watching it.
  • As a cricket-lover I like Leroy am totally underwhelmed by this tournament[/quote]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Tutt-Tutt[/cite]South Africa

They are the equivilant of NZ in the Rugby WC. Chokers.

As much as it pains me to say I'm with me old mucker Leroy on this one. (as long as it's ABA.)

I think we could form a clique! After the recent Ashes series, I cannot be bothered for the ODI.
  • thought SA at 15-2 were overpriced, if they can keep their ego in check. Fancy bangladesh to cause 1 upset, and think Sri Lanka have a great chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• India are under massive pressure to win the competition - and they have the players, but only if they can deal with the expectation.

This looks to be pretty wide open - England despite the ODI series vs Australia are in good form, Pakistan have recovered from their lows of last season, India and Sri Lanka have a lot of knowledge of how to play in Indian conditions and South Africa have the players. Even the windies are in with a shout.

I'll go for an India-Sri lanka final...
  • After yesterday id say india have a chance...they are always under pressure when they play at home. For me it will be between India, Sri Lanka, South Africa and England.
  • With a player like Sehwag at the top of the order setting it up for the team
    I think India are dead set favourites.
  • As long as the Aussies get knocked out early, I don't care who wins it......I live in Perth and would love to see another nail in the Aussie cricket coffin
  • Aussies will win.
    Sri Lanka runners up.
  • Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.........
  • can't beleive holland are 4.7 on betfair at the moment.
  • England have got a game on their hands here
  • one of the worst bowling performances from an England ODI team ever. Still, 293 is still a very realistic target.
  • England were a shambles in the field. Dropped catches, overthrows, fielders looking at each other as the ball dropped between them, and they even managed to take a wicket with only two fielders inside the circle. 293 is a big total to chase, although Ten Doeschate may be injured and missing from the Dutch bowling line-up. England looked knackered. They need a good batting performance to make up for poor bowling and fielding.
  • Sponsored links:

• Useful game in that even if we win it and that is a bigger if than it should be, we have been well and truely wraned not to have any expectations from this competition. In theory getting to teh Quarter finals will be a bonus for us and we are less likely to be too disapointed.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]one of the worst bowling performances from an England ODI team ever.

Well I'd say for a few weeks actually......
  • ten Doeschate scores big everytime i see him
  • [cite]Posted By: Tutt-Tutt[/cite]England were a shambles in the field. Dropped catches, overthrows, fielders looking at each other as the ball dropped between them, and they even managed to take a wicket with only two fielders inside the circle. 293 is a big total to chase, although Ten Doeschate may be injured and missing from the Dutch bowling line-up. England looked knackered. They need a good batting performance to make up for poor bowling and fielding.

I've seen 13 year olds play better!
  • Good start by England, 100 for 0 off 17 overs.
  • England 256 for 4. 37 to win off 5 overs. It's close.
  • Squeaky bum time!!!
  • Embarrassment avoided. England with 8 balls to spare. Very Good Batting performance.

Valley Gary - good call.
  • If ever you needed an advert for the campaign to rid the world of of 50-Over ODI's then surely this was it.
    Nigh on 600 runs and as much excitment as a wet Sunday afternoon in South Norwood.........
  • To quote Sir Ian Botham "No one cares about mickey mouse (one day) cricket."