Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket World Cup 2011

Comments

• Options
    seeing as you lot wouldnt say i checked sky and it was a draw, if we got them all out for the same score as we got with a wicket in hand why didnt we win,
  • Options
    As Chirpy said, a great advert for the game.

Didn't the locals go quiet after that final ball !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]seeing as you lot wouldnt say i checked sky and it was a draw, if we got them all out for the same score as we got with a wicket in hand why didnt we win,

Presumably because you have different rules in different competitions & in this World Cup wickets lost don't matter if scores are equal :-(
  • Options
    Are we not in a group stage rather than knockout at present?

If yes then that will explain why the game counts as a draw.
  • Options
    It's a tie in the groupstage, in knockouts would have been a decider over
  • Options
    Our bowlers are getting mullerd again!
  • Options
    Jesus H Christ this is pathetic
  • Options
    Oh dear me .....
  • Options
    Oh dear me .....
  • Options
    They need 3 to win off last over.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England lose.
  • Options
    Lucky I put £10 on Ireland at 40's.
  • Options
    shameful,pieterson is becoming a pain
  • Options
    That's the cricketing equivalent of Barnet winning at Old Trafford!

Credit to Ireland who must be cockahoop but abysmal by England.
  • Options
    to all england fans id just like to say: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA we dont even care about cricket
  • Options
    Gutted I miss this but absolutley delighted with the victory, just all the more of a shame we didn't beat Bangladesh.
  • Options
    Scotland said they were "world champions" after beating England in 1967:
    Does this make Ireland "world champions" after we beat the aussies in Aus ?
  • Options
    Damn it! Went to bed at 111 for 5. That'll teach me!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ishgit[/cite]Scotland said they were "world champions" after beating England in 1967:
    Does this make Ireland "world champions" after we beat the aussies in Aus ?

No.
  • Options
    no as were not even top two in test match cricket
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nor were Oz.

But then again all that matters in cricket is Eng v Aus at Test Cricket. Nothing else has any significance at all............apart from my beloved Blackheath CC.
  • Options
    Bloody Hell, that's incredible. How many runs do England need to score to win a game?

If they can't defend 330 against Ireland then how many would they need against a proper team like South Africa?

Great win for the Irish though, although the warning signs were there for England when the Dutch also scored 320 odd against them.
  • Options
    Big well done the Paddies.
    It dosnt matter how kak we were to chase that down is still some task.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Big well done the Paddies.
    It dosnt matter how kak we were to chase that down is still some task.

Yep, top effort. Interesting that they may not get to the next one due to the limitation to associates. Hope they do.
  • Options
    Pakistanis in a bit of trouble at 53 for 3. You'd think they have the bowling though to limit Canada to under 200.
  • Options
    Pakistan have got Afridi to bowl and he's better than anything that England have got. England's lack of a 2nd proper spinner is a big problem for them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]Pakistan have got Afridi to bowl and he's better than anything that England have got. England's lack of a 2nd proper spinner is a big problem for them.

Tredwell's there isn't he? Personally, I think Monty should be, having had a good domestic season. Either way, Yardy is the best containment bowler in English cricket at the moment and he can bat, so he's not a bad option.

Either way, I don't think England's bowling is the problem right now; more their fielding.
  • Options
    Panesar should be playing. Yardy doesn't turn it and on these pitches he can be picked off quite easily. His batting doesn't register at this level either, where he's a bits and pieces player.

Afridi 5-22 today when his team were up against it. Canadians had no answer to googlies (which they couldn't read) and pace changes (which they couldn't live with).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]Panesar should be playing. Yardy doesn't turn it and on these pitches he can be picked off quite easily. His batting doesn't register at this level either, where he's a bits and pieces player.

Afridi 5-22 today when his team were up against it. Canadians had no answer to googlies (which they couldn't read) and pace changes (which they couldn't live with).

Panesar doesn't turn it much either & certainly doesn't bowl googlies. He can't field and can't bat.
    Apart from that I'm in complete agreement.
  • Options
    I'm not totally fimilar with cricket but when watching the end of the Canadian innings when they had lost their 8th batsman I noticed there was a 3rd candaina batsman in the outfield (if that's the right term) standing around, what was the purpose of that?