Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++++++Parkinson SACKED+++++++

Comments

• Options
    Next Permanent Manager
    Wise D 4/7
    Clarke S 9/1
    Taylor P 12/1
    Coleman C 12/1
    Howe E 14/1
    Brown P 14/1
    Hughton C 16/1
    Waddock G 16/1
    Curlle K 16/1
    Laws B 16/1
    Tisdale P 16/1
    Scott A 16/1
    Ainsworth G 16/1
    Hasselbank J 16/1
    Pearce S 16/1
    Blackwell K 16/1
    Ferguson D 16/1
    Burley G 20/1
    Southgate G 20/1
    Hart P 20/1
    Curbishley A 25/1
    Holdsworth Dean 25/1
    Jewell P 25/1
    Megson G 25/1
    Wilkins R 25/1
    Brown T 25/1
    McGhee M 33/1
    ONeill M 33/1
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]"The club will announce a caretaker management team in due course."

So nobody lined up then... LOL

Reading too much into that.

Normally the caretaker manager is the assistant but given that they are going as well they can not do that.

I personally suspect it actually means exactly the opposite. They know who is coming in and the team they are brining with them so they are sweeping everything out to make way for the new team. But they want to give this news time to sink in first.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kentaddick[/cite]what on earth?! We're 5th in the table, Parky's constantly had to cut the wage budget and has had next to no money to spend on new players. Outrageous treatment of a honest, hard working manager. Didn't get given long enough if i'm honest.

If Wise comes in I'll be livid

Likewise. Particularly as our new chairman assured us on Friday that Dennis Wise was not going to be involved. Mind you, they also said they had no plans to get rid of Parkinson.

There are only two types of club who sack a manager whilst 5th in the table and on a run of only 2 defeats in 15:

1. The likes of Chelsea and Man City who throw an absolute fortune at players and expect an immediate return.
    2. Stupid clubs.
  • Options
    I will post the same thing as I probably posted when Curbs was getting stick and eventually departed.

Be careful what you wish for.

I might have another look at the 'What is your Charlton breaking point' thread, I think I have found mine - If Wise is in, I am out.

Where is my green and gold scarve :)

A joke of a sacking.
  • Options
    .... shame Kinsella was sacked... :(
  • Options
    If Curbs comes in i will masturbate myself silly

If its Zola with maybe Wilkins and Clarke or something similar i will be fairly happy.

If its Wise then i wont be too pleased but will give him a chance
  • Options
    Is this the time denis wise steps into the picture the new owner mudt have a replacement to sack them all at once
  • Options
    I take it S Clarke is Steve Clarke, former assistant at Chelsea? There's not many managers on that list who the majority would approve of.
  • Options
    So we sack Parkinson who has worked with sod all money and constant cuts to replace him with...... Dennis f**king Wise?

It will be Wise, be under no illusions he is out of the same egg as Pardew and could be catastrophic

Any of the fantasists who think we will be getting La Fondre, Austin etc need to re-adjust the scope.
  • Options
    Really puzzled...yesterday the vast majority wanted Parky out.....today seems like everyone has lost their bottle.....Parky's position was almost untenable.....his past would always haunt him being tainted by Pardew...he has never been fully accepted by the fans. The fans have left in droves and thats the heartbeat of any football club.....Im saddened more by going to a half empty morgue than Iam about a manager who really has made some daft tactical decisions....yes having met him, I like the man, but I want whats best for Charlton, and the appalling state we find ourselves in, needed swift action.....and thats something we have lacked for far too long.

Thanks Phil, Mark and Tim, I wish you all well....Kins, go and get the Walsall job and have a crack.

Now lets finally put all the bullshit sniping aside and unite and get behind the "New" Charlton......have trust....Varney is back on board.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS & ROTHKO come on boys Large has never made it personal about Parky, I'm sorry but your dig about his job was well below the belt, it's common knowledge on here he was being made redundant, bit naughty imo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]If Curbs comes in i will masturbate myself silly

Tosser.

;o)
  • Options
    So we're going to have a spanner in charge.

Brilliant
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]WSS & ROTHKO come on boys Large has never made it personal about Parky, I'm sorry but your dig about his job was well below the belt, it's common knowledge on here he was being made redundant, bit naughty imo.
    I don't like seeing anyone being put out of job, Large included. I apologise for being flippant, I don't want to see anyone lose their job in the current circumstances. I do however sense plenty of rejoicing on here on a group of people losing their jobs today.
  • Options
    Its Curbs all the way! He's never going to get another Prem club after 2 years out of the game, so he'd only end up in the Championship anyway
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TEL[/cite]Really puzzled...yesterday the vast majority wanted Parky out.....today seems like everyone has lost their bottle.....Parky's position was almost untenable.....his past would always haunt him being tainted by Pardew...he has never been fully accepted by the fans. The fans have left in droves and thats the heartbeat of any football club.....Im saddened more by going to a half empty morgue than Iam about a manager who really has made some daft tactical decisions....yes having met him, I like the man, but I want whats best for Charlton, and the appalling state we find ourselves in, needed swift action.....and thats something we have lacked for far too long.

Thanks Phil, Mark and Tim, I wish you all well....Kins, go and get the Walsall job and have a crack.

Now lets finally put all the bullshit sniping aside and unite and get behind the "New" Charlton......have trust....Varney is back on board.

Well said, Tel. Top post.

And well done to Slater and Jiminez. I'm hugely reassured we are now run by people with ambition - and with some bottle.
  • Options
    Can't say i have been impressed in the slightest in the way things have gone about since the takeover on Friday.

However,

There can be no doubting that this club is completely overwhelmed by an air of sadness and despair that desperately needs lifting soon as regardless of who owns it, it is a club on the slide providing little enjoyment to the majority of its followers.

I like Phil, a good honest hardworking pro, who is a much better manager than 90% of the people on here think. I suspect he has been treated pretty shoddily in the last few days, and that upsets me, but if promotion this season really is as imperative as the soundbytes are suggesting, then we desperately need a kick start, not just at board level.

Good luck Phil, really hope things work out for you.
  • Options
    [quote]And well done to Slater and Jiminez. I'm hugely reassured we are now run by people with ambition - and with some bottle. [/quote]
    And money. Sacking 3 staff, replacing them and giving the new management team decent money to spend won't be cheap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]So we're going to have a spanner in charge.

Brilliant

Our support is steadily becoming more like Millwall's. So bringing a Spanner in is a natural step in our regression.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]WSS & ROTHKO come on boys Large has never made it personal about Parky, I'm sorry but your dig about his job was well below the belt, it's common knowledge on here he was being made redundant, bit naughty imo.
    I don't like seeing anyone being put out of job, Large included. I apologise for being flippant.

apology accepted. I'm not happy seeing Parky, Kins and Breacker lose their jobs either. I sincerely hope all three get new jobs elsewhere asap. I have never made it personal re Parky. I have never rated him as a Manager and didn't think he should have got the job in the first place. I've been consistant in that opinion. That doesn't mean to say I don't think he has certain good qualities and the one time I heard him speak at a meeting he made sense and came across well. Problem is he couldn't transfer that onto the pitch. Of course I'm glad he has gone because I think we can now move forward as a Club, doesn't mean I am happy to see him out of work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what are you unimpressed about afka ?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    A little worrying our new chairman despite making good soundbites saying Parky will not be sacked and backed and that Wise is not involved. Now a few days later Parky is gone and Wise is favourite with the bookies.

Not a way to start building a trust with the fans if your going to backtrack on the 2 major statements you've made after becoming chairman
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Can't say i have been impressed in the slightest in the way things have gone about since the takeover on Friday.

However,

There can be no doubting that this club is completely overwhelmed by an air of sadness and despair that desperately needs lifting soon as regardless of who owns it, it is a club on the slide providing little enjoyment to the majority of its followers.

I like Phil, a good honest hardworking pro, who is a much better manager than 90% of the people on here think. I suspect he has been treated pretty shoddily in the last few days, and that upsets me, but if promotion this season really is as imperative as the soundbytes are suggesting, then we desperately need a kick start, not just at board level.

Good luck Phil, really hope things work out for you.
    Well said Dan.

It IS pretty distasteful to read so many comments gloating about a very hardworking manager, who paid Gary Borrowdale's wages out of his own pocket last season let's not forget, getting sacked. Good luck for the future Phil, I hope you'll have great success at a club where the supporters can find it in them to actually support your efforts.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]And well done to Slater and Jiminez. I'm hugely reassured we are now run by people with ambition - and with some bottle.

That can only be proved true over time.

This club is a huge loss making enterprise, they said they first task was stability and getting the finances in order. They've just paid off three staff, and will have to add to the budget with replacements. And new players. Fine if it all works out, if it doesn't we could end up in 12 months time in a bigger mess than we started.

There is ambition, and there is sensible ambition. You can't give any knowledgeable form of judgement until further down the line. In your example, the new Blackburn owners are showing ambition and bottle by outing Alladyce and bidding for show ponies like Ronaldinho. Lets see in a few months time whether their ambition and bottle deserved positive recognition.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]That doesn't mean to say I don't think he has certain good qualities and the one time I heard him speak at a meeting he made sense and came across well.

Well, Large ...... for all your constant sniping of Parky, I've never heard you say that before.
    But I'm pleased that you have.

Sorry to hear about your redundancy - and good luck with finding a new job.
  • Options
    I would imagine the way they say one thing and 48 hours later do another.

It stinks of lies they know already the next manager or how else are they identifying targets?

We are not going to have an open honest Charlton anymore me thinks
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: JT[/cite]So we're going to have a spanner in charge.

Brilliant

Our support is steadily becoming more like Millwall's. So bringing a Spanner in is a natural step in our regression.

give it a rest len please ffs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]And well done to Slater and Jiminez. I'm hugely reassured we are now run by people with ambition - and with some bottle.

That can only be proved true over time.

This club is a huge loss making enterprise, they said they first task was stability and getting the finances in order. They've just paid off three staff, and will have to add to the budget with replacements. And new players. Fine if it all works out, if it doesn't we could end up in 12 months time in a bigger mess than we started.

There is ambition, and there is sensible ambition. You can't give any knowledgeable form of judgement until further down the line. In your example, the new Blackburn owners are showing ambition and bottle by outing Alladyce and bidding for show ponies like Ronaldinho. Lets see in a few months time whether their ambition and bottle deserved positive recognition.

they also said the aim was to improve crowds and that wasn't going to happen as long as Parky remained in situ. Only time will tell if they have made the right decision.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TEL[/cite]Really puzzled...yesterday the vast majority wanted Parky out.....
    message boards do not represent public opinion. Those with something to complain about usually shout the loudest, I doubt most members of this forum wanted him sacked and certainly not most fans, but most of the posts will have been form those who did. Maybe those that hadn't actively wanted him sacked guessed, perhaps subconsciously, from yesterday's performance that it was a fait accomplis, resigned to it's liklihood but not in the mood to shout about it.

I agree that if we were going to change the manager then the sooner the better - but not acting before yesterday's game today looks like the new board's first mistake.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite] Lets see in a few months time whether their ambition and bottle deserved positive recognition.

I don't see how you can say ''I'll only admire their ambition and bottle if it leads to success''.

The whole concept of being bold and ambitious implies that one is confronting the possibility of failure. If success was guaranteed, then one is hardly being bold or ambitious - you're merely following some Hindu law of karma.Something had to be done. Your ''breaking point'' thread proved that we qwere in a club in inexorable decline. To break out of that required new owners to come in with ambition and who were prepared to be bold by making their move now, before it was too late.

Of course there are no guarantees of their success.But if they had given it another few weeks and we had dropped a further three points down the table (which would put us in 11th or 12th place), and rthen sacked Parky, we would all have criticisied their dithering and indecision. And rightly so.

Those who are so ''appalled'' by the decision might also care to remember that Varney - who it is claimed has never rated Parkinson's management style - is just as heavily implicated in the sackings as Slater and Jiminez.

I recongise many of the same names now attacking this decision as the same posters who a day or two ago were saying ''well if Reg says it's OK, then I'm happy''.

Has Varney - so recently hailed as some kind of saviour - now been turned into a villain, too?