Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover - What's your best guess as to who is it's gonna be?

Comments

• Options
    Chief Francis Arthur Nzeribe
  • Options
    Chinese company with Varney named as CEO
  • Options
    Should be Varney consortium but RD will not talk to him out of spite, therefore it will be the Chinese.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Should be Varney consortium but RD will not talk to him out of spite, therefore it will be the Chinese.

But we don't know whether this has changed, @stonemuse.

Here's hoping.....
  • Options
    Kim jong-un...but he would prob keep Pinocchio on as we have made her the cover girl for all them NK T shirts,plus Roly could then re-sell back all them confiscated North Korean flags...think it's a done deal...!!!
  • Options
    Not saying anything but have put our 'Our man in China' on series record.
  • Options
    Vladimir Putin
  • Options
    Richard Rufus
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    When I first started supporting the Addicks way back in 1957 the thought that one day we'd 'possibly be owned by a Chinese consortium would have been totally impossible to conceive.
    How the world changes.....truly incredible for any of us old timers to take on board!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With typical Charlton luck, it will be one of the Oyston clan, Peter Ridsdale and Vincent Tan
  • Options

Southern Railway (Govia Thameslink)

Not a good move. There would be a series of strikes by staff demanding that the club returned to full manning of the turnstiles for safety reasons.
  • Options
    It will be a Chinese group. They do have Greenwich/Blackheath connections as their Embassy used to be in Westcombe Park Road.
  • Options
    Management buy out?
  • Options
    It is not happening, just some peoples bucket list dream.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

It is not happening, just some peoples bucket list dream.

I believe that the process is going on. Whether it reaches a conclusion with new owners, I have no idea.
  • Options
    Red Bull
  • Options
    I am not up close and personal like a Cardiff fan would be in regard to Vincent Tan.
    His crime seems to me to change their colours, then after a period of pressure change them back. He thought about his son's mate as a scout but abandoned that idea.
    Apart from that he injected shedloads of money into Cardiff, and in particular backed them under MacKay and won them promotion to the prem for the first time. All this backing was for a man who despised him because of his race.
    It is easy to paint Tan as some kind of Bond film baddie, but I would be interested to know what exactly singles him out as a bad owner...Like Oysten for example.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I am not up close and personal like a Cardiff fan would be in regard to Vincent Tan.
    His crime seems to me to change their colours, then after a period of pressure change them back. He thought about his son's mate as a scout but abandoned that idea.
    Apart from that he injected shedloads of money into Cardiff, and in particular backed them under MacKay and won them promotion to the prem for the first time. All this backing was for a man who despised him because of his race.
    It is easy to paint Tan as some kind of Bond film baddie, but I would be interested to know what exactly singles him out as a bad owner...Like Oysten for example.

So you could say he learnt from his mistakes! Imagine an owner who would do that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Did he change their badge (and nickname) from a bluebird to a dragon too....?
  • Options
    I'll go with the (pretty much unsubstantiated) rumour from Not606 about a bunch of papers from a Chinese firm.
  • Options

I'll go with the (pretty much unsubstantiated) rumour from Not606 about a bunch of papers from a Chinese firm.

The colour red is the luckiest colour in China. It symbolises luck and is believed to ward away evil. Let's hope it's a Chinese takeover then.
  • Options
    Let's face it, if a Chinese investor pays the right price for us, it won't even register in China.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Jayajosh said:

The colour red is the luckiest colour in China. It symbolises luck and is believed to ward away evil. Let's hope it's a Chinese takeover then.
    It hasn't worked lately, has it?
    Can you imagine if it has been working and how bad it might have got if we played in blue?