Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover - What's your best guess as to who is it's gonna be?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stewart[/cite]Bloody hell Charlton, have a look at the main photo on the OS.

I thought it was the moment weve all been waiting for

Hahahaha Oh yeah :( Teasing us!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Stewart[/cite]Bloody hell Charlton, have a look at the main photo on the OS.

I thought it was the moment weve all been waiting for

Hahahaha Oh yeah :( Teasing us!

Could be subliminal conditioning. Note that there are mainly fivers and tenners, just one twenty and no fifties. Small takeover.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Only reason I could see for it made privte until done dal:

1) They feel fans backlash against Dennis Wise could scarper the deal
    2) It's someone famous and they want to be dramatic

2) Please.

1) far more likely in my opinion.

I stress OPINION. I have no inside knowledge.
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]It won't be Wise, no idea why everyone is fixated with this idea.

Wise is involved (don't have a clue in what capacity), this IS with inside info from a very very credible source.
  • Options
    Terrific ...
  • Options
    Wise is involved (don't have a clue in what capacity), this IS with inside info from a very very credible source.

Well, if that is the case. I want to be the first one to welcome Wise to The Valley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stewart[/cite]Wise is involved (don't have a clue in what capacity), this IS with inside info from a very very credible source.

Well, if that is the case. I want to be the first one to welcome Wise to The Valley.

and possibly the last
  • Options
    Haha
  • Options
    Anyone else thinking that if we had money coming in we wouldn't be hoping volunteers will turn up to dig snow today?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stewart[/cite]Wise is involved (don't have a clue in what capacity), this IS with inside info from a very very credible source.

Well unless your credible source is Varney or Murray it is total Bollox sorry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]

Well unless your credible source is Varney or Murray it is total Bollox sorry.

Well it's total bollox then... I believe them to be very credible
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]Anyone else thinking that if we had money coming in we wouldn't be hoping volunteers will turn up to dig snow today?
    Well I turned up and was given a free Mercedes.
  • Options
    Never been very good at predicting but this time I feel i've got a good hunch.
    It will be Lybian-based TAMOIL. Remember they bought a sizeable stake in Juventus. Kaddafi's son Seif al Islam will be chairman.
    New coach will be Kevin Muscat and to maintain a Charlton touch, chief scout will be ex Charlton legend Ben Thatcher.
  • Options
    That's a bit leftfield and possibly believable. We might even attract a few more jock supporters as they shat themselves (as did big gordo) in the face of lybian threats and released the (non) bomber early. A new theory, love it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]Anyone else thinking that if we had money coming in we wouldn't be hoping volunteers will turn up to dig snow today?

Nothing to do with money, everything to do with promoting the fact that Charlton is a very special club which has a unique bond with the fans.
  • Options
    PV was at the Valley today with two unknown blokes....
  • Options
    Were they in disguise, like this Tel? ; )
  • Options
    Lifted this off Kent Sports News site - posted 2 December. Not seen this statement before. Old news but pretty positive all the same:

"The offer that has been agreed is a legally binding one.

"This means that unless issues come to light of which the investors have not been made aware there should be new owners of the club this side of Christmas.

"The investors have already satisfied the club on its proof of funds process and its fit and proper person test but the Football League and the club’s bankers also have stringent requirements that will need to be satisfied.

"A team of lawyers and accountants have beavering away at The Valley since November 27.

"I think it is well documented that Richard Murray has been seeking new investment for some time and Richard deserves the respect of every Charlton supporter for continuing to underwrite the club whilst this much needed investment was found.

"Our focus for the next few weeks is completing the legal and financial processes and when the time is right all the questions that supporters will understandably have will be answered."

The club's supporters will await developments with interest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Were they in disguise, like this Tel? ; )[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_833861][ul][div]sheikh_mohammed_gives_book_to_sheikh_khalifa_lrg.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

No mate, more like this.....
  • Options
    Thanks for the recap Full Metal Addick. I think the key thing there is that 'The offer that has been agreed is a legally binding one.' Presumably that means that if the deal wasn't going through we'd have heard about it by now? But I guess the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Should know tomorrow if anyone's guessed the right people....or maybe not!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Martomoto[/cite]Thanks for the recap Full Metal Addick. I think the key thing there is that 'The offer that has been agreed is a legally binding one.' Presumably that means that if the deal wasn't going through we'd have heard about it by now? But I guess the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Should know tomorrow if anyone's guessed the right people....or maybe not!!
    In comparison when Zabeel's offer was announced, the club said "There is, however, no certainty that a formal offer will be made."

My dad said the takeover was mentioned on Meridian news this morning, apparently it's going through and something related to the bank had to be sorted out. Did anyone see that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Knowin charltons luck the transfer wont go through we will go into administartion and next year we will be afc Charlton. Onwards and upwards

or the investors will be cowboys!
  • Options
    FACT: Jul 2010 - Sebastien Sainsbury registers a takeover vehicle called Charlton Athletic 2010 Ltd

FACT: Nov 2010 - Charlton Athletic reject a takeover bid from a group led by Swiss-based fund manager Sebastien Sainsbury

FACT: Dec 2010 - Charlton Athletic accepts an indicative and legally binding offer from an investor group

I know who my money is on to be the new owner....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Full Metal Addick[/cite]FACT: Jul 2010 - Sebastien Sainsbury registers a takeover vehicle called Charlton Athletic 2010 Ltd

FACT: Nov 2010 - Charlton Athletic reject a takeover bid from a group led by Swiss-based fund manager Sebastien Sainsbury

FACT: Dec 2010 - Charlton Athletic accepts an indicative and legally binding offer from an investor group

I know who my money is on to be the new owner....

Tony Fernandes?
  • Options
    Tony Fernandes?[/quote]

No..Vince Cable
  • Options
    Rupert Murdoch?

Are we having a sweepstakes on what time an announcement is being made tomorrow. I'm calling 11 am
  • Options
    5pm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Are we having a sweepstakes on what time an announcement is being made tomorrow. I'm calling 11 am

• Options
    4:30pm
  • Options
  • Options
    2.15pm