Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover - What's your best guess as to who is it's gonna be?

Comments

• Options
    Someone that at least half of Charltonlife thinks is bad for the club simply because they cannot help themselves and be positive about anything to do with CAFC.

Small Consortium with Modest money but more than enough to take us to the upper end of the Championship which is where we should be. This includes money for the Manager in January in an effort to secure promotion this year.
  • Options
    Absolutely no idea (obviously), but wouldn't be surprised if Wise was involved due to his name being bandied about so much.

Do not expect sizeable foreign investment, though - more like the kind of thing that AFKA speculated.

I think the most important thing is to not get our hopes up...but having said that, even if it does seem underwhelming to some when (and if) it is announced, if the takeover happens then it means that the short term future of our club has been secured which would be a great christmas present for Addicks everywhere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Someone that at least half of Charltonlife thinks is bad for the club simply because they cannot help themselves and be positive about anything to do with CAFC.

Small Consortium with Modest money but more than enough to take us to the upper end of the Championship which is where we should be. This includes money for the Manager in January in an effort to secure promotion this year.

Im with you mate....all makes perfect sense...probably based here in the UK as well
  • Options
    as long as they do not say something along the lines of: "I want to get this club back to the premier league where it belongs" they will be given the benefit of the doubt by me. I suspect it will be british investors probably with little 'charlton heritage' and no direct interested in football till now.
  • Options
    Rodney Trotter
  • Options
    oops ! Meant to add, it's been his destiny since an early date with a font.
  • Options
    i reckon american

minted and will lose the lot
  • Options
    Richard Branson
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Don't expect any big changes in terms of club structure, and wouldn't be suprised if Murray stayed on as Chairman, or in some capacity.

I think that is high on Richard's agenda. All other things being equal, I'm sure that staying on in some capacity will have featured significantly in Richard's decision making.
  • Options
    Toni Fernandez
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cant see it being money from the middle east as they like the media and its the buzzzzzzz thatthey are after, this is all to softly sofly for them. I also think its people that have money but not pots of it . What ever happens this is CHARLTON !! have you all forgotten this FACT. Therefore preper to be let down, then when its Sheik FookinHugePIleOfCashandN0IdeaHow2spendit who takes over we will be over the moon Jim.
  • Options
    Oprah
  • Options
    I can't help thinking that the takeover (if it happens) will all be rather low key - with very few changes other than a greater air of stability and involve a group that few, if any, of us have ever heard of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sporaddick[/cite]I can't help thinking that the takeover (if it happens) will all be rather low key ... and involve a group that few, if any, of us have ever heard of.

The Amazing Snail Brothers?
  • Options
    If I had pots of money it would be me. But I ain't and it's not me. FACT - LOCKED ON.
  • Options
    No idea at all but not big money. Like others I think a holding move to secure us for the short medium term.
  • Options
    Ron Jeremy
  • Options
    How much would this takeover cost? How much money would we think as a minimum would they need (just to keep us going)?
  • Options
    Pete-in-China.JPG

It is this man...nailed on FACT!
  • Options
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where di you get that pic of Mr F ?????

Thought I'd destroyed all of 'em from his " hairy " phase.....
  • Options
    Intermarket group.
  • Options
    woolworths
  • Options
    I've leaned towards the "group of local businessmen with between them just a teeny bit more cash than RM" theory, although the following did occur to me: now the club has been streamlined down to just one director and been sold reasonably quickly (compared to the trouble we had when we were owned by a group of directors), might that suggest that the buyers are not themselves a group? Only the faintest hint of logic in that I know, but I guess I'd just prefer if it was an uber-wealthy individual! My only whiff of 'inside info' is from an old school mate who assures me (via somebody who knows somebody, of course!) that Curbs is certainly NOT involved. He also suggested that PV wasn't a big Parky fan but this part was last year.

The AEG theory is plausible with the connection to the Dome, although if The Valley were to be turned into some kind of extra entertainment venue, is there enough commercial demand in the Greenwich catchment area to support this in addition to the Dome?

Tony Fernandes is mentioned I suspect mainly because of his current links with sport (F1), although Malaysians are supposed to be particularly knowledgeable on English football so he might see the business case for taking a League One club back up a division or two. He's a West Ham fan so that's a bit odd, but then wasn't Richard Murray a Wolves fan?

The Qatar link is plausible only really because of the community stuff that Charlton have done out there and I think that Peter Varney was involved so that's possible. Still pretty far-fetched but I'd love it if it were true.

The continual mention of Dennis Wise is really the only thing for me that is casting a dampener on the impending takeover, since I really don't think that he'd be good for us.
  • Options
    I have a feeling it's all gonna fall through...again
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Jimenez. With the money coming from the Middle East. It will be big money. A new manager will be installed. Wise may or may not have a role (other than continuing to be Jimenez's friend and football advisor).
  • Options
    AEG
  • Options
    ive said this before a friend of mine knows 1 of jimenez and wise and when they asked them want we all want to know they didnt exactly say no so im thinking it is something to do with them .
  • Options
    I just can't see RM letting Dennis Wise get involved in our club.
  • Options
    alan curbishley, his brother bill, varney and 1 or 2 others.