Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

spurs

Comments

• Options
    be good to see players of that quality playing against charlton again.

Plus really think wagstaff could cause essou-ekotto problems. in fact i think i could cause esso-ekotto problems.
  • Options
    Great draw and it would be a great day out.
    Just gotta beat Luton first.Reckon we would take loads over there.
    Our lads would give it a good go but i know we will lose Vs their first 11 or even their u18's.
  • Options
    Spurs away is a great draw - the money is obviously handy but more than anything we can reap one ofg the few up sides to now being in the lower divisions - the fa cup draw against a big side becomes a reason to get excited again and the chance to take a big following and have a big day out. Gonna take my boys to their first away game (if we get past Luton) and think this could be the game that completely hooks them into Charlton. Also - this could be the carrot needed to ensure we put in a proper performance at Luton. Bring it on i say - wonder whether Dailly will pick up Defoe, Bale or Lennon or do you think he'll leave the pacey one's to Doherty?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Say we beat Luton, how difficult will it be to get tickets for this one do we think?

It definately won't be general sale, so open to Season ticket holders and/or Valley Gold and or 5 year VIPs and/or mere mortals with 2/3/4 away (league or all?) away games this season?

What do people think?

Will it go on general sale at all or will they all go to the above?

How many tickets will one of us be allowed to buy?
  • Options
    How many Spurs fan you think would go to this one? Would they sell out?
  • Options
    Should be easy enough to get a ticket in the home end. They struggle to sell out for domestic fixtures, let alone against little old Charlton I would assume.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE7Rob[/cite]Should be easy enough to get a ticket in the home end. They struggle to sell out for domestic fixtures, let alone against little old Charlton I would assume.

Are you talking about Spurs? You surely can't be!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE7Rob[/cite]hould be easy enough to get a ticket in the home end.

If worst comes to the worst then will have to go that way (if possible), but hope it doesn't come to that.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: SE7Rob[/cite]Should be easy enough to get a ticket in the home end. They struggle to sell out for domestic fixtures, let alone against little old Charlton I would assume.[/quote]

Are you talking about Spurs? You surely can't be![/quote]

I am. Bar the big games all their games go on general sale these days. Times have changed.
  • Options
    Not sure what all the fuss is about I doubt we would sell 4000 tickets anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    behave they would go within a week unless they have silly silly restrictions
  • Options
    You reckon? I think there will be an initial rush of about 2500 tickets gone in the first week then slow from there, saying that you may be right if match tickets are reduced or if Charlton pay for everyones travel card they might all go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE7Rob[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE7Rob[/cite]Should be easy enough to get a ticket in the home end. They struggle to sell out for domestic fixtures, let alone against little old Charlton I would assume.

Are you talking about Spurs? You surely can't be!

I am. Bar the big games all their games go on general sale these days. Times have changed.

Would be interested to know where you've come up with that from. Spurs will always have 1,000 tickets on General Sale for each game. Its part of the policy to ensure that new fans get a chance to see Spurs at WHL. Unfortunately for them, they get the seats right next to the away fans in the lower Park Lane. Other than Carling Cup games against lower league opposition and some of the non-event European games, we've sold out our home games.

Even looking back at some of the attendences for the last couple of seasons, we had 35k+ for the Peterborough game in the FA Cup 3rd round in 09/10 and 34k+ against Wigan in 08/09 so that would suggest it'll be near to close to capacity. At the end of the day, season ticket holders who have not signed up to the automatic cup ticket scheme have to reapply for their seats by a set deadline, then unallocated seats become available to the membership list, so you'll normally find a lot of casuals in for the cup games but the Park Lane, Shelf and Paxton will sell out without a problem, especially at the usual £25 a pop price.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Not saying you don't sell out for most games (well, I did), but tickets aren't as hard to come by as they used to be. Tickets for your home games against Newcastle Utd at the end of December and the home game against Fulham on the 1st of January are on general sale and you won't tell me we are talking about just a thousand tickets there.

At the end of the day it will be easy enough to get a ticket in the home end.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: SE7Rob[/cite]Not saying you don't sell out for most games, but tickets aren't as hard to come by as they used to be. Tickets for your home games against Newcastle Utd at the end of December and the home game against Fulham on the 1st of Jan are on general sale and you won't tell me we are talking about just a thousand tickets there.

If you're on the website (presumably you have just done that to quote that), actually try and go in and get one. The bit where it says general sale only tells you what current purchasing window is open. I can assure you, tickets are a fcuker to get hold of. I've been a member for years and have been on the season ticket waiting list for 5 years and I still find it very difficult getting tickets and rely on friends that are season ticket holders and a friend who works for Spurs :-)

Here you go...says its on general sale but...

event.aspx?itemref=1504
  • Options
    theres no way im goin in the home end surrounded by all them yids. be like a bushtucker trail from im a celeb.
  • Options
    Just faint, you'll be fine
  • Options
    If you faint in a pig pen the pigs will eat you
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]If you faint in a pig pen the pigs will eat you

There's no danger of us eating pigs in any shape or form at WHL lol.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]If you faint in a pig pen the pigs will eat you

There's no danger of us eating pigs in any shape or form at WHL lol.

Haha

People though.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Is it possible that no-one who can only buy tickets when they are on gerneral sale will be able to get one?

i.e. they all go to valley gold members, season ticket holders, people who go away etc
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    i think we would sell however many they give us - i thought you were entitled to a quarter of the ground in the fa cup? People got bored and apathetic (i did i admit) when we were in the prem but i'm certain we'd sell 8k if they gave them to us.
  • Options
    They should Prioritise Spurs Tickets to those that bothered to turn up to the Luton Games.
  • Options
    we should just change all the rules part of the way into the season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]we should just change all the rules part of the way into the season.

What are the rules?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LSEBarnes[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]we should just change all the rules part of the way into the season.

What are the rules?

the clique will get first dibs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LSEBarnes[/cite]

What are the rules?

You'd know if you went to any away games. Look on the O/S for ticket restrictions for Brighton A.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]You'd know if you went to any away games. Look on the O/S for ticket restrictions for Brighton A.

Although your first sentence isn't true, your second is very helpful. Thank you.
  • Options
    We should do what lower league teams do to us and insist that Spurs charge the same price they do the the Premier League. That way we will make more money (probably) and if we price a few of the 'Glory Boys' out of going we can have their seats if/when we sell out the away allocation.
  • Options
    I hope that's a wind up attempt Kings Hill Addick. I'm not a glory boy and the prices they charge would be too much for me.