Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

spurs

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]doubt this will be on telly spurs smashing a lower league team isn't what the cup is about[/quote]

Honestly, I dont see this being on TV either.[/quote]

think you're right, everyones surely sick of the media/spurs arselick love-in now
  • Options
    Stevenage won at afc wimbledon yesterday, who are above Luton. We are not playing barcelona here, there are major problems if we think we will struggle against a conference side.
  • Options
    where can i get a train from in london to luton
  • Options
    Think Dover will be one of the televised games
  • Options
    if we beat Luton this is a great tie. at the end of the day we are a L1 club and we aint gonna win the poxy thing....just be a good day out for the fans. plus spurs will field a weakened side so anything could happen, nick a draw and its more cash in the bank. win or lose we'll have a good day out and it can only be good experience for players like waggy.
  • Options
    When we win 6-5 they'll wish they had televised this game. (I'll definitely go when we beat Luton)
  • Options
    Always remember beating them at the Valley (77 ?) when Flanagan got a hat trick, lots of argy bargy in the covered end.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]At the end of the day we are a L1 club

It's not where you are, Its who you are that matters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]At the end of the day we are a L1 club

It's where you are, Its who you are that matters.

what i mean is that at the moment we gotta get excited about a prem club. day out lets enjoy it.
  • Options
    No reason why you can't turn them over its the FA cup 3rd round and strange things happen take for instance us beating the Mancs last season and we got a draw at the lane as well, nearly fooooked our season up though. Good luck in the promotion push as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcnorth7[/cite]where can i get a train from in london to luton[/quote]

st pancras
  • Options
    Totally agree VG I think its a very exciting fixture and one we could well get something from like Oaky says. Its the 3rd round and they have so many other things going on at the moment that we could easily get something from it. We might struggle against the lower league teams but that dont mean we cant do the yids. Just get past Luton and who knows, bloody good day out though i'm guessing.
  • Options
    I don't think I can put into words how much I hate Tottenham and pretty much everything about them.

I really hope we beat Luton now.

Whatever happens there (if we get there) cannot be worse than what happened pretty much to the day four years ago, possibly one of my lowest moments that.

It's a no win for them, I think this side has a bit of guts in it and McCormack should enjoy smashing through Jenas and Bale.

I'm up for this one I really hope the players are up for Kenilworth road
  • Options
    This thread is going to look very silly if luton beat us. We're all getting excited and talking about the possible 2-300k income from the tie. I think luton will be just as motivated for the replay and excited about the money as well.
  • Options
    Given Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Fulham and Millwall have all been drawn at home, there's a chance one of the games could be played on the Friday evening. Spurs played Wigan in the 3rd round on a Friday night two seasons ago. Something to bear in mind.
  • Options
    im sure luton forums are doing the same thats what you do when you are excited about a big game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]im sure luton forums are doing the same thats what you do when you are excited about a big game

No nolly, we shouldn't be getting excited. What if Luton read our forums - that might fire them up. What if we lose to Luton - then we'll look silly. No, much better to say nothing.

If we beat Luton then we should still say nothing, in case Spurs read our forums and it fires them up. If we get spanked there we will look silly. Much better to say nothing.

If we score at Luton, or Spurs, then we shouldn't celebrate too much either, just in case it fires up the opposition and we end up losing. Then we would look silly. Much better to clap politely if we score - ever.

After all, same thing happened with that Palace thing. We laughed when they went down but then within the next decade we got relegated. It's fate.

Then there's Burnley. We beat them in the Cup Final so they inflicted Andy Gray on us. Granted it was a few years later, but I'm sure if we hadn't celebrated that cup final win we wouldn't be in the mess we're in now.

And yes, I'm being sarcastic. If football fans - and lower league football fans at that - can't be allowed to get excited about the 3rd round draw when, potentially, they have got one of the "big boys" away then I fear that the game as I knew it has died. Live for the moment - ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Given Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Fulham and Millwall have all been drawn at home, there's a chance one of the games could be played on the Friday evening. Spurs played Wigan in the 3rd round on a Friday night two seasons ago. Something to bear in mind.
    Highly likely I would have thought. I suspect the police are hoping we'll win the replay, as otherwise they'll have to deal with Leeds, Birmingham and Luton fans being in town, plus we're due to have a home league game, as do Orient if they don't win their replay. It'll be interesting to see how much the interests of the TV companies influence any scheduling decisions.
  • Options
    Carlisle are in Round 3 outright so we will have a free weekend if we lose the replay...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Unless the Police decide otherwise, like Luton.

Yep, but in a big stadium like WHL and there being no traditional rivalry between the teams I doubt we'll be limited to the bare minimum.

Didn't we have a friendly cancelled this year against them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've read your comments don't worry :)

Should you beat us in the replay then there is only a 2 division gap between you and them. I'd like to think we showed you chaps that it is possible to get a result in the cup against a better side that isn't up for it, so maybe you could achieve the same against Spurs's kids.

You've got to get a result in a night game at kenilworth road first and that isn't the easiest thing to do. Hope a few more of you come now to add to the astmosphere as the winner gets a big day out as a prize.
  • Options
    had a peep on yours you seem overly confident you have to beat us first.
  • Options
    f--king hate em ,love to beat luton and av a crack at em .
  • Options
    Woke up this morning my mind is sort of changing good day out in the wrong end with some good mates good piss up.

but the memories of WHL are for ever tarnished by what uncle Les done to us there i just couldnt take that humiliation again
  • Options
    a fixture against spurs is the prize if we beat luton , that's what football is about bantering with your mates who support the opposition , i'm sure we all know more spurs fans than we do luton, barnet, brentford or orient....
    and once millwall got promoted i don't think i know anyone who gives a flying fook how we get on against nobody fc in league one , it's hardly bragging rights to beat orient and give it to the one orient fan i know but if we were to beat spurs ............................................
  • Options
    Spurs fans at work are a right bunch of a-holes. Can't wait to give it to them once we have stuffef them at WHL. Shame I'm leaving the week before !!
  • Options
    If we can manage to scrape part Luton, whatever the result at WHL, the fans get a good day out and the club gets a good payday which will hopefully allow the board to finance at least one new player in the window.

Can't see us beating Spurs, but stranger things have happened...
  • Options
    Simon Francis v Gareth Bale...the mind boggles
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Simon Francis v Gareth Bale...the mind boggles

It dont boggle it doesnt bear thinking about he couldnt handle a conference player saturday let alone proberly the best winger about at the moment
  • Options
    Spurs would field a virtual 2nd string, so luckily I doubt he'd play