Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

spurs

Comments

• Options
    Johnny Jackson and Doc will be pleased, if we beat Luton of course
  • Options
    Brilliant draw, let's just hope we can beat Luton, Spurs should be a good incentive for us to win. Don't think Francis will be looking forward to it though.
  • Options
    nice to go with a massive following and sing your hearts out,worried about luton though.
  • Options
    Spurs only got past L1 Leeds last season after a replay, imho not a lot between our team this season and Leeds last season- obviously they had Beckford but I still think we could give them a decent game.

Money would be vital for the club and an excellent chance for some of our players to aquit themselves against the best. West Ham would be interested in how Matt Fry does.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Paul Walsh 79[/cite]Third round White Hart Lane.Was there when Flanagan equalised late on .Great atmosphere that afternoon.Early eighties that was.But we need to focus on Luton now.[/quote]

Wasn't that Mark Aizlewood with goal no.3,000?

Agreed we need to focus on Luton though.
  • Options
    Hah! Redknapp must be crapping himself and begging for a Luton win...
  • Options
    How can you not be motivated by this, great draw, nothing to lose, even if we are stuffed!.... and anyway who says we canot win , Rednapp will probably put out a second string team, with Bale and co on the bench.

A nice smash and grab, and kick them off the park...... on a nice winters, cold day...come On Charlton!........
  • Options
    Great draw if we put away Luton, no doubt it will be just as massive and even more lucrative to Luton too, so it only will make the job harder for Parky and the boys.
    It will be an embarrassment to lose to non league shite once again especially with the chance to go to White hart lane, which is always going to be a top atmosphere game with probably 5,000 Charlton supporters,. Great day out whatever the result...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Arry Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Paul Walsh 79[/cite]Third round White Hart Lane.Was there when Flanagan equalised late on .Great atmosphere that afternoon.Early eighties that was.But we need to focus on Luton now.

Wasn't that Mark Aizlewood with goal no.3,000?

Agreed we need to focus on Luton though.
    I checked the other thread and it does say Aizlewood.I could have sworn Flannagan got us a late equaliser.Wires must be getting mixed up ;-)
  • Options
    NLA there must be a part of you that absolutely loves this draw.. I think its fantastic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant draw, would have liked Palace, but Tottenham away is almost as good. Good for the money aspects of it and brilliant for the day itself....if we get past Luton. COYR!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    How many tickets will we get? If we get past Luton of course!

I can see that mere ordinary season ticket holders like me won't get a look in after VIPs, Valley Gold and fans with away tickets.

I reckon season ticket holders with stubs from yesterday and the Barnet replay should be next after VIPs.
  • Options
    really i would say anyone with a ticket from yesterday should be assured one
  • Options
    Want to get through, we'll get 5,000 tickets, have a day out, maybe get smashed, but we'll take home £250k which in the window might be the difference between the couple of players we need to go up.

We need to get through
  • Options
    I reckon they will give the opposition 4k, season ticket holders will get a ticket.
  • Options
    get more than four mate,most teams in the cup get the whole end if they want it
  • Options
    Leeds got 4,200 last season, £25 adults, £10 kids and old gits
  • Options
    For some reason i had a vision we would get millwall. Getting my luton ticket soon tough game but i would love to go to spurs again!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I reckon they will give the opposition 4k, season ticket holders will get a ticket.

Away teams are guaranteed 25% of the tickets.
  • Options
    Unless the Police decide otherwise, like Luton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    think leeds was more exciting to spurs so i guess us or luton will get more than that.
  • Options
    Leeds may have been reduced due to OB, as them two games were not quiet affairs.

Sure Brighton got over 6k a few years back and my Spurs supporting mate reckons we would get that too.

Think we would struggle to sell them more than Luton would thought. Sure we took about 700 on out last trip there (Obv I know this is a different ball game altogether - FA Cup and cheaper tickets)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Unless the Police decide otherwise, like Luton.

Yep, but in a big stadium like WHL and there being no traditional rivalry between the teams I doubt we'll be limited to the bare minimum.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I reckon they will give the opposition 4k, season ticket holders will get a ticket.

Away teams are guaranteed 25% of the tickets.

No they are not. Away teams are guaranteed an allocation UP TO 15%. Leeds didnt get 15%. You're not likely to either.
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]get more than four mate,most teams in the cup get the whole end if they want it

You wont. There's 8,000 Spurs season tickets in the Park Lane alone, where are Spurs supposed to seat them? In the old days, teams used to get the entire Park Lane but since Spurs turned the Paxton Road end into a part family stand, that doesnt happen anymore. You'll get the same 4k that Leeds got and what Arsenal got in the Carling Cup earlier this season. You wont get more.

Just hope when we play its not as cold as it was today at WHL. Still shivering now. Not sure how Harry will see this game. Despite having Everton away the wednesday beforehand and Man Utd at home the following weekend, the FA Cup is our only realistic chance of silverware this season, despite still being in the hunt for everything else. Having said that, he played his best available XI through the FA Cup last season.
  • Options
    The club will put reasonable restrictions in place but as long as you are a season ticket holder and/or have been to some away games, think you have a very good chance certainly if we get 6000 tickets.

Club has to be fair to the real fans, I say this as five minutes after the draw i saw a "friends" fb status was "Spurs away, on that" or similar, this from someone who has not been going to Charlton since first Champ season. Pissed me off as was very tempted to reply with- where were you at Carlisle, Northwich, Barnet, yesterday etc.

If there are 3 FA Cup games televised that weekend, this may be on TV. Obviously Man Utd v Liverpool and Arsenal v Leeds will surely be on TV but our game could be the third. More money!
  • Options
    With all the headlines Spurs get these days, I can see this being on t.v.
  • Options
    both team will up there game now the've seen the draw a changes to compete with the big boys again makes it even more exciting

COME ON CHARLTON!!!!!
  • Options
    doubt this will be on telly spurs smashing a lower league team isn't what the cup is about
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]doubt this will be on telly spurs smashing a lower league team isn't what the cup is about

Honestly, I dont see this being on TV either.
  • Options
    I think there will be 4 games on tv
    Manchester United Vs Liverpool
    Leicester Vs Manchester City ( All about Sven being ex manager)
    Stevenage Vs Newcastle ( small teams vs massive team)
    Arsenal Vs Leeds
    cant see us being on it personally