Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

worst pain ever

Comments

• Options

I'm 24 and have had Gout twice... Apparently my lifestyle is too similar to Henry VIII's. Hurts like a bitch

You should be careful with “gout” it’s very easy to be diagnosed as gout when there may be an underlying problem,

• Options
    Yep gout is effing painful.
  • Options
    Cricket ball in the nuts on various ocassions....
  • Options

'oldbloke' wins with the vasectomy story.....made me cross my legs that one !

funny to search and find this old clip.....had the snip yesterday (for the 2nd time! - first one failed, apparently GP said he'd done 6,000 over 20+ years and never had a failure...yeah thanks for that mate)

first time back last Oct, the anaesthetic wasn't properly done and I hit the ceiling when he made the 'nick' with the scalpel !.....can't describe the pain.

think he properly made sure yesterday as whilst no pain actually doing the procedure (other than the initial injection) the bruising is more today, sitting on a cushion in the kitchen currently working from home..
    Never understood why most guys (who want a vasectomy) don't go for the non scalpel vasectomy option. Had mine done 3 years ago. No pain at all at any stage. Drove home afterwards and back at work the next day.
    Got several friends, who also complained about the pain, especially after a scalpel vasectomy.
  • Options

Was living in Saudi as a kid in early 80s where health and safety was non existent. They had these huge rubber rings with these weird metal valve that protruded out of the ring in an inverted L shape.

One day took a running jump at full pelt, landed on the valve and split my scrotum in half. Swimming trunks and pool covered in claret and being sewn up was a painful experience.

30 plus years ago but still remember the doctor saying to me something along the lines of "Stop screaming, people outside will think you're being trampled by an elephant." Even at that tender age I recall thinking "I've split my nutsack in two you dense c***, forgive me for being a little perturbed."

Got an ice cream and comic afterwards so all in all it wasn't a complete disaster.

I've nearly vomited in horror reading that
  • Options
    Pilonidal Sinus operation. It’s where you get a clump of hair at the top of your buttocks that gets infected and they take it out leaving a fair sized hole.
    Post op it didn’t heal up properly and I had to have it packed out because of infection.
    The local nurse would come around and do the dressings every three days. Went on for 6 weeks and each time it was dressed it was the worst pain.
    Wouldn’t wish an infection in yer pilonidal sinus on anyone.
  • Options
    Danepak said:

'oldbloke' wins with the vasectomy story.....made me cross my legs that one !

funny to search and find this old clip.....had the snip yesterday (for the 2nd time! - first one failed, apparently GP said he'd done 6,000 over 20+ years and never had a failure...yeah thanks for that mate)

first time back last Oct, the anaesthetic wasn't properly done and I hit the ceiling when he made the 'nick' with the scalpel !.....can't describe the pain.

think he properly made sure yesterday as whilst no pain actually doing the procedure (other than the initial injection) the bruising is more today, sitting on a cushion in the kitchen currently working from home..
    Never understood why most guys (who want a vasectomy) don't go for the non scalpel vasectomy option. Had mine done 3 years ago. No pain at all at any stage. Drove home afterwards and back at work the next day.
    Got several friends, who also complained about the pain, especially after a scalpel vasectomy.
    ""Non scalpel vasectomy". Also known as "the dental.."
  • Options
    lolwray said:

But never whilst playing cricket.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Remember having my fingernails drilled without any anesthesia in A&E to release the pressure after having broken my fingers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Got caught in the balls with a stiletto that hurt and used to have a lack of cartilage in my knees that hurt too!

I believe some men pay for that and you got it for free.
  • Options
    About four years ago I had an infected tooth that required root canal treatment. I went through paracetamol and ibuprofen like they were Smarties.
  • Options
    Remember having acupuncture once for pain in my knee and the physiotherapist said you might feel a dull pain as the needle went in and then said that dull pain will be the needle touching the bone. Didn’t hurt but the thought of it almost made me pass out.
  • Options
    Bloody hell,some of you have injured things ive never even heard of!
  • Options
    Carter said:

Was living in Saudi as a kid in early 80s where health and safety was non existent. They had these huge rubber rings with these weird metal valve that protruded out of the ring in an inverted L shape.

One day took a running jump at full pelt, landed on the valve and split my scrotum in half. Swimming trunks and pool covered in claret and being sewn up was a painful experience.

30 plus years ago but still remember the doctor saying to me something along the lines of "Stop screaming, people outside will think you're being trampled by an elephant." Even at that tender age I recall thinking "I've split my nutsack in two you dense c***, forgive me for being a little perturbed."

Got an ice cream and comic afterwards so all in all it wasn't a complete disaster.

I've nearly vomited in horror reading that
    I had the opposite - I’ve couldn’t stop laughing - not ideal as I have 3 broken ribs at the moment.
  • Options
    I cut my fingers. Through the bone, one finger just about hanging on. I lost a knuckle, four hour operation etc....

The most pain I felt and I almost cried because of it was when they removed the dressings a week later. The poor nurse pulled and a bit of scab came off. I think I might have screamed. I took pain killers a couple of hours prior to this and still it hurt. I will never forget that pain.
  • Options
    I get cluster headaches for a couple of weeks in the summer, every few years. Non-sufferers assume that they're "just headaches", but they're not known as suicide headaches for nothing. It feels like there's a red hot poker stuck in one eye and one side of your head is going to implode.

They're caused by the veins in your neck constricting, so your brain doesn't get enough blood to function.

I've got some pills that stop the pain within about 30 minutes, but you can't think straight because your thoughts are kind of moving about in your head. So I rarely take them and end up suffering for between 6-8 hours at a time.

Some people get them almost every night. I honestly think that I would end it all if mine were that frequent.
  • Options

I get cluster headaches for a couple of weeks in the summer, every few years. Non-sufferers assume that they're "just headaches", but they're not known as suicide headaches for nothing. It feels like there's a red hot poker stuck in one eye and one side of your head is going to implode.

They're caused by the veins in your neck constricting, so your brain doesn't get enough blood to function.

I've got some pills that stop the pain within about 30 minutes, but you can't think straight because your thoughts are kind of moving about in your head. So I rarely take them and end up suffering for between 6-8 hours at a time.

Some people get them almost every night. I honestly think that I would end it all if mine were that frequent.

I had cluster headaches every day for 4 weeks about 5 years ago. Touch wood I’ve not had them since. Although I do get migraines every 6 months or so and it’s usually a couple in the space of a few days.

You can’t function properly - I had to take that entire 4 weeks off work.

• Options
    Getting two fingers blown off by a mortar bomb was deeply unpleasant. Waiting for 14 hours on a stretcher to have them re-attached was also not fun.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Getting two fingers blown off by a mortar bomb was deeply unpleasant. Waiting for 14 hours on a stretcher to have them re-attached was also not fun.

We have a winner. Ouch.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

JamesSeed said:

We have a winner. Ouch.

A loser more like. Have you seen the state of my fingers?!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

We have a winner. Ouch.

Many a male chav has said that after being found the back of Sainsbury's with random female chavs.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

We have a winner. Ouch.

Are you sure they sewed the right fingers back on? They weren’t somebody else’s? What colour are they? :wink:
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Quite incredible that they found them and that they were reattachable.....anyway I expect that 'll teach you not to walk through Mogadishu/ Woolwich after ten in the evening
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    lolwray said:

Happened to a mate of mine and he screamed, and screamed and screamed. It was bloodcurdling. Turned out his box had split and had seized a sliver of helmet. There wasn't a man alive that day who didn't wince.
  • Options
    As a few on here know, I've suffered chronic gout since I was 19, which led to me popping painkillers every hour of the day just so I could do a days collar. This abuse of painkillers, along with my old kidneys getting damaged by crystals, then led to renal failure and a kidney transplant.

Imo gout is not treated seriously enough in the UK and is even joked about, but if you've got it, you need to get it diagnosed and treated, which in my opinion is Colchicine for an attack, Allopurinol to keep the uric acid at bay, and I'd also say to be very wary of popping too many Diclophenic (**although obviously do as you're told by your Dr**)

I had spells where I was confined to my flat for weeks on end and I reckon I've lost a total of 5 years of my life to gout and that don't include the time spent in relation to having a kidney transplant.

And yes, it fuckin hurts.
  • Options
    I got a toothache at the moment an all
  • Options

I had cluster headaches every day for 4 weeks about 5 years ago. Touch wood I’ve not had them since. Although I do get migraines every 6 months or so and it’s usually a couple in the space of a few days.

You can’t function properly - I had to take that entire 4 weeks off work.

Not as bad as the headache you must give Mrs Otto.
  • Options
    Being a charlton fan
  • Options
    edited April 2018

JamesSeed said:

We have a winner. Ouch.

lolwray said:

JamesSeed said:

Quite incredible that they found them and that they were reattachable.....anyway I expect that 'll teach you not to walk through Mogadishu/ Woolwich after ten in the evening
    They didn’t come off completely. They were held on by pieces of skin. I held on to them. Lovely.