Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Ultimate Great Towns list

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Southwold.

Got a luvverly lighthouse though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Southwold.

Got a luvverly lighthouse though.

and a brewery.
  • Options
    Was there last week, son loved the beech golden sand, mrs liked the little shops and me.. nice pint of adnams.. which is how you say my name after 5 pints of the stuff.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]nice pint of adnams.. which is how you say my name after 5 pints of the stuff.

You mean, Adnams the Adnick?
  • Options
    Yeah or how trevor francis would prounce my name..
  • Options
    kent ->staplehurst and hawkhurst
    london
    welling
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Oxford, Cambridge, Chester, York, Bewdley, Stourport, Lancaster, Swanage, Cowes, Exeter, Henley, Rye, St Neots, Brighton, Lewes, Ross-on-Wye, Godalming, Hamble, Blackpool, Bishop's Castle, Stourbridge, Wallingford, Bedford.

Blimey, Bishops Castle my nearest civilisation ! It wouldnt be on my list but we are all a bit cynical about our own locality. Shrewsbury would be on my list however for all its hidden alleyways, good pubs, n hidden gems.
  • Options
    Bath
    Harrogate
    Padstow
    Whitstable
    Southwold
    Cheltenham
    Charlton
    LONDON
    Brighton
    Amsterdam
    Boston MA
    New Orleans- pre Katrina
    Chicago
    NYC
    Dinan
    Chamonix
    Brussels
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Welling.

Has it changed much since I left in 1974 .....?

Just abit....about time they got rid of that crap school pretending to be in Welling....whats it called? Westwoo? lol

Westwood Scrubs.

We all know you were an Elsa Road yob, Tel.

:o)
  • Options
    London
    Canterbury
    Brighton
    Sidcup

Amsterdam
    Munich
    Hofgarden (Austria)
    Lucerne (Switzerland)
    Monaco
    Barcelona
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blackfen is nice.

I know because my Aunty used to live there.
  • Options
    Cant believe Bath makes the worst list on the BBC - think its lovely too Marco
  • Options
    Has anyone mentioned Venice?
  • Options
    Good old Marco has finally mentioned Chicago, wonderful for music and food. San Diego is a good modern type of location, kite surfers would love it. Berlin is cool in the old west German part but tatty in the ex eastern block. I quite like the cobbled streets of Orleans (France). Rome is simply awesome. If you haven't been place it at the top of your list with Venice a close second. Loved Edinburgh when I was younger. Iona is serene but an island not a town.
  • Options
    Sheffield I've always liked for some reason.
    Accrington.

Outside the UK:
    Freiburg
  • Options
    Liverpool
    Newcastle
    Weymouth
  • Options
    Salford - at least by night, but then most cities and towns look good at night.
  • Options
    Chicago, stow on the wold, new york, benahavis (spain), dingle, albufeira. In that order.
  • Options
    Greenwich park -------------stand at Wolfes statue and look out over the park/ Museum etc on a sunny day and tell me its not a great place .

thailand --Krabi ---stunning
  • Options
    Burslem, Fenton, Hanley, Longton, Stoke and Tunstall. COME ON!!!!!!!!

Im Charlton through and through, but Id never go back to London after living Stoke-On-Trent. People say its a shitehole and most of it is but the people here are salt of the earth and I love it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bath, cheltenham, monaco & charlton
  • Options
    Now I have live here London, St Petersburg, Venice and cape town
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dj-ecfc[/cite]Now I have live here London, St Petersburg, Venice and cape town

I heard Cape Town described as 'Great Yarmouth with a mountain' obviously you rate it higher !
  • Options
    Not a fan of Venice, was there in July and in my opinion it is over rated- very expensive, nothing too special and smells quite badly.
  • Options
    It's fun especially around the winelands and down to the cape. Plenty of penguins!
  • Options
    Slade Green when the sun glints off the caravans and the sound of the packs of dogs yapping in the early morning------------brings a lump to your throat------or maybe its the burning cars.
  • Options
    Tallinn
    Prague
    Stockholm
    Oslo (although frighteningly expensive)
    Bergen
    Las Vegas
    Helsinki
    Edinburgh
  • Options
    Burslem, Fenton, Hanley, Longton, Stoke and Tunstall. COME ON!!!!!!!!

Im Charlton through and through, but Id never go back to London after living Stoke-On-Trent. People say its a shitehole and most of it is but the people here are salt of the earth and I love it.

Christ things must be bad!..... twinned with a northern mining town....... My brother in laws wife family comes from there, and never regarded it as particularly wonderful. The people are ok though!, till they have a drink and then can get a bit ' awkward'

Tunstall is that not the place where Robbie's dad sings or attempts to I am told, Pete Conway. Once drove past Port Vale now that was a shitty little ground mate! on the way to meet the 'great man'.

Are these not the 5 areas that made up the potteries, all the inlaws used to work in the factory's up there, she went to Leeds Uni, which was pretty difficult in those days!.

Some of the countryside outside Stoke seems okay! .
  • Options
    Bradford on Avon
    Bath
    Salisbury
    Canterbury