Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

phone advice

Comments

• Options
    Go to Settings>About Phone>System software updates

Make sure after the update is done you go to Market and download Adobe Flash Player. This will play videos on BBC Sport site for example.

Then download App 2 SD - This will help move as many apps as possible to the SD card, a problem which has never been solved before
  • Options
    Apparently they've taken the update down for a few days due to some minor language issue. Try again in a few days.
  • Options
    i thought so it told me my phone was fully up to date
  • Options
    i've got it on 22.50 a month contract with orange, handset cost 50quid. sounds pretty mint deal though when compared with others ive seen. just hope it lives up to the hype..
  • Options
    HTC desire HD is out next month . It gets a 5 star review from tech radar and is said to be as good if not better than iPhone 4 .

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/htc-desire-679515/review
  • Options
    got my desire yesterday, quite like it - got loads of needless apps though which i don't want, is there anyway i can delete them or at least file them away into one so they don't clog up the screen. also i've downloaded the handcent app to view text msgs like on the iphone but now whenever I get a text it still comes up in that and messages which is a bit of ballache, can i make it so that it just uses handcent?!
  • Options
    Will be getting HTC Desire HD next month when it is officially launched ... just looking for best deal / network now.

@paulsturgess this link might help http://www.htc.com/europe/howto.aspx?id=714&type=1&p_id=312
  • Options
    Im due an upgrade in November , perfect timing for the Desire HD which looks very good.
  • Options
    Paul , follow this to sort your handcent problem out. http://www.handcent.com/Faq.php#TAG_DEFAULT
  • Options
    Explaining the difference between Android and iOS

image_thumb76_thumb.png
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol johnboy ... open source it is then
  • Options
    For those of you with the HTC Desire on T Mobile, are you aware the Android Froyo 2.2 update is now available?

Turn on your wi-fi connection first, then go to settings > about phone > system software updates

You'll see more information and what updates have been done here but for a start you can now record video in HD 720P.
  • Options
    Guys anyone who has a tmobile HTC Di the update super fast internet. Better keyboard all round improved the phone by loads

God I love this phone
  • Options
    I've had my desire pretty much since the week they first came out, it's a fantastic device. I can't imagine what the next generation Gingerbread phones will be like but if it's an improvement on this the new HTC phone will be mind blowing!
  • Options
    Just updated my desire with the new software but can't see any difference in the phone anyone know what the update was for
  • Options
    I am due an upgrade so think will go with this one since you are all raving about it
  • Options
    I have heard that the Desire Freezes & loses Phone calls quite regularly, is this true?
  • Options
    Not mine yet
  • Options
    i get the feeling you like it then nla ;-)
  • Options
    love it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    do you then have to add web browsing on your tariff? i think o2 is saying 5 quid for unlimited so thats 35 quid per month plus vat - free phone?
  • Options
    I got 900 mins free unlimeted web, unlimited msgs 30 squid a month plus a free phone and insurance is only 2.50 per month
  • Options
    how long is it before you can lower your tariff on a new contract, anyone know?
  • Options
    ive just got a HTC Desire after the advice on here. I am very impressed with it so far. very easy to use. Battery life is shite tho.
  • Options
    And the HTC Desire won the coveted Phone of the Year award too.

Valley Gary, make sure you update the firmware to Froyo 2.2. as the battery life does improve.
  • Options
    Mine is dropping calls ( not all the time but 5 in the last few days) got an appointment with the T mobile shop Saturday.

Battery life is longer after update
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]And the HTC Desire won the coveted Phone of the Year award too.

Valley Gary, make sure you update the firmware to Froyo 2.2. as the battery life does improve.

cheers john. gotta ask...how do i do that?!
  • Options
    Setting > About Phone > System Software Updates.

(Make sure you're connected to a wi-fi network otherwise it'll take an age to download)
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    when i search for updates it tells me none are currently available?

EDIT: Just found this http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/36209/three-htc-desire-android-froyo
  • Options
    Anybody know how the new HTC Mozart stacks up against the HTC Desire? Orange have the Desire out of stock, probably awaiting the new HD version. What is best to go for?