Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

phone advice

i need a new mobile and i have 2 choices.

an i phone 4 600mins unlimeted texts and internet 35 quid

HTC wildfire 1200mins unlimeted texts and internet 35 quid including insurance both with T mobile

Samsung Galaxy 1200mins unlimeted texts and internet 35 quid including insurance both with T mobile

now the fella on the phone says that the HTC is similar to the Iphone has loads of apps i can use a jack to jack lead to play my music out of my i deck, i can transfer all my music onto the phone and it is just as good if not better than the iphone before i make my decision i want you the Charlton life public to guide me as i dont have a fooking clue

reasons for i phone i need a new I pod so that was why i was looking at that

reasons for HTC i want a new phone

Comments

• Options
    They done this on the Gadget show (1st time I had ever watched it honest!!) I phone smashed it
  • Options
    iPhone sucks compared to the HTC Desire. I can't speak for any of the other HTC phones (Wildfire, Legend etc.) as this is the first HTC phone I've ever owned, but it absolutely, utterly dumps all over Apple's expensive, trendy piece of shit. Want to look 'kewl' in front of your mates? Get a whyPhone. Want to actually use it for anything useful? Get a Desire and root it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]They done this on the Gadget show (1st time I had ever watched it honest!!) I phone smashed it

The Voting so far would suggest otherwise :-)
  • Options
    spose its what you need it for.

They compared, ease of use, camera, video, apps. and it came out on top. I will admit as a 'phone' the reception is shoite. Whtehr that is o2 (who I finish with next week) is another matter.
  • Options
    T mobile just rung back and said i have been poorly advised i should be taking the samsung galaxy instead so i have 3 choices now

help guys i appreciate the input sofar
  • Options
    Don't get the wildfire, if you want to go andorid get a Galaxy S or Desire. Otherwise, get an iPhone, it's a great bit of kit
  • Options
    i must admit i like the look of all 3 this a real royal pain in the arse

ok

if i want to put my I tunes music onto the other 2 choices either HTC or Galaxy can it be done easily, and then can i use a conecter cable into my ideck via the audio in conection in the back of my ideck to play my music this could be the deal clincher
  • Options
    It's a pain getting music from iTunes in to the HTC or Galaxy, it's all part of the same system for an iPhone. Also your connector on the iDeck will be an iPod connector, which is what an iPhone uses.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    see my ipod just docks into the front of the Ideck but there is an audio in socket in the rear so i was wondering if i got a jack to jack lead and plugged 1 in the headphone socket of the phone and then in the back of the ideck if it would work,

how can i get my music from my i tunes into the other 2 phones
  • Options
    http://www.knowyourcell.com/htc/htc-desire/desire-guides/476997/how_to_sync_the_htc_desire_with_itunes.html
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and yeah, you can jack to jack, but it won't charge for example.
  • Options
    cheers rothko i will follow the instructions when i can work out what phone to bloody get

the desire they want to charge me a bullseye for the

galaxy is free

wildfire free

iphone4 40 sheets
  • Options
    Galaxy, the wildfire is slow and clunky
  • Options
    But the Desire and iPhone are probably the two top end phones around at the mo
  • Options
    I have no idea but my niece runs this website

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/
  • Options
    +1 for the HTC Desire. You can hold it in either hand and still get reception ;-)

Awesome phone.
  • Options
    looking on tinternet i really struggle to see a real difference between the 3

i can seemyself going for the galaxy just because i am a tight arse and they are offering that 1 to me for nowt

bloody phones have really moved on aint they
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]looking on tinternet i really struggle to see a real difference between the 3

i can seemyself going for the galaxy just because i am a tight arse and they are offering that 1 to me for nowt

bloody phones have really moved on aint they[/quote]

Check your poll then!!!! :-)
  • Options
    Iphone.
    It does everything well, and somethings absolutely quality.
    Some apps are really good/useful as well..
  • Options
    Get the desire I have had one for two months and before that an iPhone for two years and I have to say that the desire pisses over the iPhone go on o2 and the phone is free
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2010
    My 2 cents, Samsung's are built like bricks, I have a Samsung U600 from about 5 years ago, looks really flimsy and is a slide phone, nothing wrong with it, got a T-Mobile HTC G1 Android Google thing, side slider with full keyboard, absolutely fucked after 6 months

Having said that, my mates got a BlackBerry Storm, and that is immense ;)
  • Options
    HTC winning it a bit of negotiation for me then, i have until saturday so keep voting and help me out Ta
  • Options
    Hello Nth London Addick

I was in a similar situation as you..... when i was doing my research I was contemplating getting Iphone4, Sasmung Galaxy or the HTC Desire. I got the Iphone4 eventually with 3 network. I had an old LG phone. One of the reasons I got the Iphone4 was I don't think you can run the the Skymobile TV app on the others already mentioned. This comes in handy as I work 3 days a week full time 12 hour shifts and as I am working this Friday, I can switch on my phone on Friday after work at 8pm and watch the game (depending on what area I am in). I have got a case around the Iphone4 and I notice the bars drops from area to area. I bought mine for £189 through 3, I am on a £30 network for 2000 texts and 500 mins. I think it is the reception.newtowk rather than the phone where i cant connect to internet. I was advised by a cab driver and he is with O2 or Vodaphone and he states when he goes through the same area he has a problem with recrption on the internet but it is the same area as I go in near Grove Park. The downside of the phone (but i am told is not to do with the phone... but in gnereal if you use the internet and depends on what you use.. it uses a lot of battery. A mate has an android phone and explained same thing.. it happens with all phones.... but I am happy with the phone... been on itunes etc, downloaded apps and I would never go back (I had an old LG phone)
  • Options
    the iphone dosent have flashplayer either
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]HTC winning it a bit of negotiation for me then, i have until saturday so keep voting and help me out Ta

Whatever one you choose if your giving them £35 a month dont pay anything for the phone, For the sake of £50 they would rather keep your custom than see you go to O2 or similar. check all the other tariffs i'm sure you'll find one giving the phone away for the same deal so use that as ammo.
  • Options
    and flash on the HTC's is killing the batteries on them
  • Options
    Don't charge it up anymore than the iPhone if anything less
  • Options
    I have an HTC Desire. Best phone I've ever had and will only get better.
  • Options
    Looked into phones a few months back.Could have got the desire for peanuts, but faffed around too much and the price has rocketed as phone dealers realise how good it is.

Paying over £25 a month is just not worth it for me. But if it was i'd go for a desire.
  • Options
    bump a few hrs left