Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]Bit of topic but just seen Wall been allocated all of arthur waite for palace away.. that'll be tasty.[url]http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=207009[/url][/quote]

think they section off the blocks at each end and give them something like 4k tickets
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: J BLOCK[/cite]Bit of topic but just seen Wall been allocated all of arthur waite for palace away.. that'll be tasty.[url][/url]http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=207009

think they section off the blocks at each end and give them something like 4k tickets

They only gave us just over 2k last time, they won't give us the whole stand, probably 4k as you say. Fingers crossed for the 6k they gave us 8 years ago.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: davy[/cite]I love the fact a palace fan said that palace vs millwall will be millwall's cup final this year hahaha

he's right tho ... We were their cup final last year
    this year our big one is orient zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Millwall fans currently shitting themselves because Kenny Jackett is the new favourite to be the next Wales manager, ha ha ha!
  • Options
    Now that would be funny. Without doubt, he seems to be a good manager, what would they be like without him?
  • Options
    has ruled himself out now
  • Options
    Kenny Jackett- I hate to say it but he is a quality football manager.
  • Options
    Any manager that can succeed with that mob deserves respect.
  • Options
    This time last year most of them wanted him out.

It's a funny old game as they used to say...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]This time last year most of them wanted him out.

Did we? What after narrowly losing in a play-off final and starting a season ravaged with injuries?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i wouldnt say most but some certainly did.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]This time last year most of them wanted him out.

Did we? What after narrowly losing in a play-off final and starting a season ravaged with injuries?

Yea I know a few Millwall fans who were questioning him about this time last year and just search Jackett's name in the forums for September and you will see some harsher comments than just questioning him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GRAY9[/cite]

Yea I know a few Millwall fans who were questioning him about this time last year and just search Jackett's name in the forums for September and you will see some harsher comments than just questioning him.

The fella gets dug out now for certain decisions and player signings...fucking hell, even Arsenal, Chelsea and United fans have had a pop at their managers!

Don't think most of our support wanted him out though! May have been because Morison looked like a pile of shit for the first 2 months or so of the season!
  • Options
    You can't blame Jackett for turning Wales down, who would want to manage that lot? They'll be lucky to get Bobby Gould back!

I can see Jackett getting approached by the bigger Championship sides, the likes of Boro, Leicester, Forest, Derby and Hull might all start sniffing around at some point.

He's done a great job with the Nunhead Neanderthals with no money at all - that's pretty much every Chairman's wet dream scenario.
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]He's done a great job with the Nunhead Neanderthals with no money at all - that's pretty much every Chairman's wet dream scenario.

"No money at all" is a bit of an exaggeration. They ran losses of just under £4m for each of his first two seasons (losses of over £4m for each of the previous two seasons). There's no accounts for last season, but there's not much to suggest their costs went down, and I doubt their revenue rose much considering last season was just like the season before for them.

Sustainable in the Championship, heavy losses in League 1... where have I heard that before?

Good manager though.
  • Options
    Reckon he'll wait to see 'how far he can take them' for now unless a really decent job offer comes up because lets face it, they're never going to be a sustainable premiership outfit on their crowds although it's feasible they could get there - might be the worst thing that could actually happen to them though - so far they've down well, kept their players, Chairman has obviously funded that but if they keep rising and put their head above the parapet then eventually the real big boys will come shopping - like what happened to us and Parker. So far they've had no big crisis decisions to make but they will come and then the challenge to keep on the up will really start.
  • Options
    Hopefully Jackett will go to a bigger Championship club and take Morison with him
  • Options
    Even if Jackett stays, millwalls bubble will burst soon enough and they will be back in league one with gates of 6000 as they slowly realise what a pointless club they really are.
  • Options
    It shows they aint got no money cos they aint signed no one.

If Jackett is any good a big Championship side will pick him up, maybe us next year!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]Reckon he'll wait to see 'how far he can take them' for now unless a really decent job offer comes up because lets face it, they're never going to be a sustainable premiership outfit on their crowds although it's feasible they could get there - might be the worst thing that could actually happen to them though - so far they've down well, kept their players, Chairman has obviously funded that but if they keep rising and put their head above the parapet then eventually the real big boys will come shopping - like what happened to us and Parker. So far they've had no big crisis decisions to make but they will come and then the challenge to keep on the up will really start.

Pretty much spot on. The Premierthingy would ruin us. I'm quite happy with where we are, and i think it's our level. That not me saying that I don't have ambition for our club - just being realistic on the size of the club we are.
    Re Jackett; I think it could be 2/3 years before he buggers off. He's just signed a 3 year deal, and is now trying his hand in a divison he's never been in as a manager. He knows he'd be stupid to pack it in anytime soon. Especially for the Wales job. Who needs a dead-end job with the prospect of nothing more than a regular public b*ll*cking from Robbie Savage?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Hopefully Jackett will go to a bigger Championship club and take Morison with him[/quote]

I was at a party last Saturday...neighbour (Millwall fan) was 50....I overheard one of his millwall mates tell him that Jackett was a Charlton fan. Didn't seem like a wind-up...anyone know if there's any truth in that??

FTR - his mates didn't know who I was, let alone a CAFC fan!!
  • Options
    Always thought Jackett was a Watford fan, born there, played for them, always expected him to manage there again day.

IA - we have just as much or little money as many others. Cut our cloth accordingly, sell & buy what we can afford, our record signing still stands from 1988 or 1989 I think! We have hardly spent a thing, the only thing our chairman has been able to do has kept us running while making a loss.
  • Options

you obviously know more than me but after a heavy away defeat (Hartlepool?) I thought there were calls for his head from quite a few Spanners?

anyway, it doesn't matter - was more making the point to fellow Addicks how a season is a long-time in football and let's not start calling for Parky's head after 5 games
  • Options
    SLL, you spend whatever amount of money you want, it's not my problem, but I think there's a belief among Charlton fans that we're the only club running unsustainable losses and that all the others in this division are doing just fine. Berylson has taken money matters off the table for Millwall, but he hasn't been running the club as tightly as we might imagine.
  • Options
    Good fun to be had looking at HOF at the moment. Team being well slagged off.
  • Options
    Unlike most here, i don't hate millwall, although i did have to chuckle at the result yesterday. "Welcome back to planet earth lions". :-)
  • Options
    70's I think .I was at the Old Den.Cup match against Ipswich.I'm sure they lost 6-1 as well.I remember loads of aggro after that.Don't hate Millwall .Lots of Millwall mates.
    Hate Palace and especially Chelsea.
  • Options
    According to the NOTW, a bare chested fan invaded the pitch when it was 2 - 0 and chased Watford's right back Lloyd Doyley. FA will do naff all if this is true.
  • Options
    why will they do naff all? They scared of them too?
  • Options
    think a few millwall slapped each other yesterday,great win for watford yesterday something our jackasses have never done