Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon fan here...

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: route one[/cite]a drunk old man got on and started singing a couple of charlton songs but nothing that everybody didnt laugh at.

I thought we arranged for Soundas to go by coach?
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]So it shouldn't have been too hostile or intimidating...my point is people weren't torn limb from limb like a lot of people seem to assume happens.

That's the point, as long as you ain't walking around being lairy or mouthy then you're highly unlikely to encounter any trouble. (surprised they didn't get a cheeky slap though from some other shirters!!)

Some people wearing colours may get some abuse, but I've seen some of our fans get that at away games too, trick is to be sensible or just not wear colours and 9 times out of 10 you'll be absolutely fine. Which is why I don't get STFC bloke saying he wouldn't drive to Millwall, wouldn't be a big deal.

I agree. If you're not wearing shirts you won't have any issue. I can only comment about my one journey and I suspect that it could have all kicked off. Nothing really to do with it being Millwall especially, would be the same as attending Palace or any other high profile game and shouting your mouths off in a situation where it perhaps wasn't wise to do so. Im sure any sensible Swindon fan won't have a problem.
  • How did this become about the knuckledragging illiterati?
  • Read the thread and you should be able to pinpoint the post where it became about us knuckledraggers.

Oh, look at that, the original thread starter brought us up.
  • Sparrows Lane Lion, I said I wouldn't drive to Millwall because I wouldn't feel safe leaving my car anywhere in the area!

I think Millwall does get exaggerated quite alot though. Apparently most of the trouble is locals who don't actually go to the games but hang around outside looking for away fans.
  • Anyway back on topic!

Looking forward to Friday Charlton fans?
  • Yeah were coming 500 handed tooled up to F**k!!

SO YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!
  • Lol , I advise you all go for a drink in The County Ground Hotel then!

ha ha ha ha.
  • Stfc- I am looking forward to the game but at the same time am nervous. We have been in decent form for about the last six games so I am feeling quitely confident. However as blackpool and forest proved yesterday, form doesn't count for anything in the playoffs! Unfortunately I didn't get a ticket for the away leg, but the only way I will get through it is with a few cans and a curry!
  • Sponsored links:

• lol TN. that has made me chuckle.

Am jealous.
  • Hello STFC Bloke

So to recap the Merlin is ok for pre match beer , is parking ok nearby or is it best to head for the cricket ground
  • I didnt get coach to millwall and im from kent ;o)

Got train to london bridge then didn't know best route underground so just got a black cab, entered millwall pub with charlton shirt underneath lol then on way to ground every milllwall fan we walked past giving the evils! and the odd special one shouts 'wankers' , although i didn't find it intimidating in my experiance and train journey home saw few millwall nothing of it. over-hyped and as people say as long as you keep your head down is fine, dunno whether Wembley will be the same but well see......
  • Really excited about the game, should be a good night but I'm nervous as hell. It's probably because it means so much to the stability of the club. If it was just an end of season run for promotion, that had no other consequences other than going up or staying down I could probably enjoy it more. This one is nervy to the extreme.
  • edited May 2010
    Clivey, my advice for parking is either the Cricket Ground, Spring Gardens Multi Storey which now shuts at 10pm I believe (instead of 6pm) or St Joseph's College on Octocal Way.

The Merlin is fine for away fans and we normally have a good bit of banter.

Avoid The County Ground Hotel by the ground. NOT for away fans!
  • Can you get a beer in the ground?
  • You can in the home stands, I honestly couldn't tell you if you can on The Stratton Bank.
  • I wouldn't be too hopeful, it's an uncovered stand with probably an outdoor kiosk, even if the beer is on the queues will be huge i'd imagine
  • They served to us, allbeit in another stand, at the league game I think.
  • It's an outdoor kiosk correct.

I'd personally drink in a pub!
  • Sponsored links:

• Hate it when there is no beer at away games. You need a beer to support Charlton.
  • You need more than 1 beer to support Swindon!

We nearly went out of existance until Andrew Fitton and his rich counterparts came and saved us!
  • so STFC how you think you will get on against us? confident
  • I would say nervously confident!

The play offs are 3 one off games where form matters for nothing. If Billy and Charlie are on form then we have a good chance.

You're a very good side though, will be 2 tight games.

Your thoughts?
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: STFC_Bloke[/cite]I would say nervously confident!

The play offs are 3 one off games where form matters for nothing. If Billy and Charlie are on form then we have a good chance.

Your thoughts?

I would say im quietly confident ;o)

Dont think your lot would be a walkover but feel we should beat you, although that said you do have some on form strikers which is a worry!

I reckon we will draw at yours 1-1 again, at ours we will win 2 or 3 nil, going with gut though
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]They served to us, allbeit in another stand, at the league game I think.

They did, but it was one woman behind a small cage! cannot see the open aired stand serving beer. Nervous, cold & thirsty....great.
  • We will see!
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]They served to us, allbeit in another stand, at the league game I think.

They did, but it was one woman behind a small cage! cannot see the open aired stand serving beer. Nervous, cold & thirsty....great.

May have to invest in a hip flask.
  • I am already nervous as hell. Got a Charlton mate over at the moment (timed that break all wrong didn't he...), so there will be three proper Addicks in Floyd's Friday night, and a few locals cheering us on too. And me poor old mate Ben, who is Swindon, on his own in the corner. Knowing Charlton he will have the last laugh...
  • [cite]Posted By: STFC_Bloke[/cite]I would say nervously confident!

Your thoughts?

Don't really agree with this form goes out the window in the play-offs. It's true anything can happen at any given time during a football season (form always has to change at somepoint) but sides carrying momentum from the last half a dozen games of the regular season tend to do best in the play-offs - Notts Forest may have been 3rd for example, but Blackpool were on a real roll going into those 2 games and it showed.

It's so hard to call - you guys struggled a bit against us I felt over the two league games. You maybe had slightly the better of the home game and you had a 2 man advantage for much of the match at the Valley but you still didn't manage to beat us. Likewise though, despite now being a very solid looking unit we're struggling to get goals. Wouldn''t be at all surprised if this gets settled by the odd (and possibly only) goal over the 2 legs. Could well go to penalties?

In fact, has a team ever won promotion from the play-offs with 3 successive 0-0s?